It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Israel" God's Chosen People in Prophecy. Lest we forget

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
A couple of details you missed.
Fulfilled prophecy.

Matthew 24-14
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The first fig leaf of the prophecy.....Apparently fulfilled in the 1940's. Israel would be the 2nd fig leaf.

Prophecy to watch. Repeating? And is the carcass reference in Matthew 24 a reference to the ram of Daniel 8?

Daniel 11-2 the first event of the end times according to Daniel.
And now will I shew thee the truth. Behold, there shall stand up yet three kings in Persia; and the fourth shall be far richer than they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stir up all against the realm of Grecia.

If you consider that this is a description of a vision then this verse is a perfect prediction of the 9-11 attacks. Washington DC would make a perfect realm of Greece eh?

Subsequent events according to Daniel 8.
A ram (representing the Persian Empire) is attacked by a one horned goat and is eventually killed. After the 2 horns are broken.

The explanation is that the 2 horns were 2 kings of the Persian empire. And that they would be broken or lose power. So far so good. Afghanistan and Iraq fit nicely. Daniel appears to be 3 for 3 right now.

Pending prophesies.
Daniel 11-3 and 4
3 And a mighty king shall stand up, that shall rule with great dominion, and do according to his will.
4 And when he shall stand up, his kingdom shall be broken, and shall be divided toward the four winds of heaven; and not to his posterity, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdom shall be plucked up, even for others beside those.

8-21
And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.
22 Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it, four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power.

The US broken 4 ways? We'll have to watch won't we?

Also Luke 21-24 seond half.
and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.

Jerusalem free of Gentiles? No Muslims? And that causes the return of Jesus Christ? The Muslims of Jerusalem are preventing the very end times they are supposed to be waiting for? How ironic eh?

One last thing. According to both Matthew and Luke the end times last the lifetime of those present at the time of the first fig leaf. A lifetime is 70 to 80 years approximatly.
At best there is only 18 years left before it's all over. Maybe less.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

Then years later, TPTB decided they needed a false flag Messiah to create a world-wide gentile religion.

Yes, gentile indeed, but not gentle

We are lambasting the Jews for their atrocities but take a quick look at Christianity.

• The Crusades were such a gentle affair, no one was harmed in any way.
  • The Gnostics were put to death in a really gentle way
  • 5 million (estimated) women burned at the stake as witches died such a gentle death
  • The torture and deaths of the Spanish Inquisition were of course a pleasure and to be desired by all for their gentle methods.

I could go on and on.

reply to post by Loken68

As to not discussing God's Chosen this is actually the crux of the prophesies since if we cannot establish the Jews as God's Chosen then the prophesies have no validity.

The title of your thread is "Israel" God's Chosen People in Prophecy. Lest we forget. thus you must be prepared to make some statement as the OP to those who question who they are if they are not God's Chosen, and their religion states that they are as many do.

I shall prepare a reply to the OP but may I just in the meantime say that any reference to material in the New Testament is not actually germane to this discussion as we are discussing the Jews and that restricts us to the Old Testament.

[edit]

Forgot to add that some might find this interesting. I am not saying there is any truth in it. Make up your own minds.

America before Columbus

[edit on 9/6/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrDarlingFace
But the chosen people nonsense is just lame and stupid. And if there is a god, he wouldn't be as childish and vindictive as he is in the bible. And if he is I'd rather be on Satan's side. At least he seems more fun.

You would think by now that People would realize that it is next to impossible to be accepted into the Kingdom of Heaven if you had to abide by the rules set out by God in the Bible.

I agree with you, at least Satan's doors are never closed, and have you ever heard of Satan kicking anybody out because they are too good!

Not me

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Sorry, love, all that has already happened but the Russians you named were called by anonther name and so is everything else that you inserted that is not on record for those citations.

The bible is not prophecy. It is a literary reflection of the cultures at the time it was written. Alot of it, however, no longer applies unless you change the words or ideas. Anyone can make the versus fit, that is what the literary beauty of it has always been.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Village Idiot

Originally posted by MrDarlingFace
But the chosen people nonsense is just lame and stupid. And if there is a god, he wouldn't be as childish and vindictive as he is in the bible. And if he is I'd rather be on Satan's side. At least he seems more fun.

You would think by now that People would realize that it is next to impossible to be accepted into the Kingdom of Heaven if you had to abide by the rules set out by God in the Bible.

I agree with you, at least Satan's doors are never closed, and have you ever heard of Satan kicking anybody out because they are too good!

Not me

הַשָׂטָן ha-Satan ("the accuser"); Persian "sheytân"; Arabic: الشيطان ash-Shayṭān ("the adversary")

English put its own definition to it to define ultimate evil. I guess, if you want to control a large mass of people you would create the embodiment of a single evil source to blame and that anyone who goes against you is under the power of this evil source, hence accuser and adversary can be considered evil.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Part 1

Below is a summary of prophecies concerning the Jews that are currently being fulfilled and those that are yet to be fulfilled.
Prophecies Currently Being Fulfilled

1. The Jewish people will be regathered in unbelief from the four corners of the earth (Isaiah 11:11-12). Fulfillment: 20th Century and continuing.

Isaiah 11:3 And he shall be filled with the spirit of the fear of the Lord, He shall not judge according to the sight of the eyes, nor reprove according to the hearing of the ears. 4 But he shall judge the poor with justice, and shall reprove with equity the meek of the earth: and he shall strike the earth with the rod of his mouth, and with the breath of his lips he shall slay the wicked. 5 And justice shall be the girdle of his loins: and faith the girdle of his reins.

Isaiah 11:10 In that day the root of Jesse,

One has to question whether the day of the rod of Jesse has indeed come, and if it has, why the Jews are not adhering to the bible and judging the poor with justice.

2. The state of Israel will be re-established (Isaiah 66:7-8 & Ezekiel 37:21-22). Fulfillment: May 14, 1948.

A strange interpretastion of verses 7 & 8, and as usual with all these things taken in isolation.

Isaiah 66:9 Shall not I that make others to bring forth children, myself bring forth, says the Lord? Shall I, that give generation to others, be barren, says the Lord your God? 10 Rejoice with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all you that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all you that mourn for her. 11 That you may suck, and be filled with the breasts of her consolations: that you may milk out, and flow with delights, from the abundance of her glory. 12 For thus says the Lord: Behold I will bring upon her as it were a river of peace, and as an overflowing torrent the glory of the Gentiles, which you shall suck; you shall be carried at the breasts, and upon the knees they shall caress you. 13 As one whom the mother caresses, so will I comfort you, and you shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

This appears to place an entirely different view: Behold I will bring upon her as it were a river of peace, and as an overflowing torrent the glory of the Gentiles

The verses in Ezekiel appear to relate to the return of the Jews to the Holy Land after being scattered in Egypt and Assyria, and frankly gives no indication that it is refering to the current day. It is not reasonable to take a story that has already happened and say it is not happening.

3. The Jews will once again re-occupy the city of Jerusalem (Zechariah 8:4-8), Fulfillment: June 7, 1967.

Once again the text is taken completely out of context. Zechariah 8 cannot be read without taking into account the text of Zechariah 7. I would remind you that Zechariah 7:1 starts And it came to pass in the fourth year of King Darius,

Darius the Great ruled Persia (Iran) and Egypt around 500BCE, thus once again the supposed modern day return of the Jews to Israel is being created out of context from a fact that has already happened in history.

4. The land of Israel will be reclaimed from its desolation, becoming once again a land of agricultural abundance (Ezekiel 36:34-35). Fulfillment: 20th Century and continuing.

The verses to which you refer are once again quoted completely out of context. Bear in mind that the preceding verses of thich these are a sample:

16 And the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 17 Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land, they defiled it with their ways, and with their doings: their way was before me like the uncleanness of a menstruous woman. 18 And I poured out my indignation upon them for the blood which they had shed upon the land, and with their idols they defiled it.

refer to the fact that the house of Israel were a pretty bad lot and were scattered by God as a punishment. You need to read verses 16 to 33 as a minimum.

Preferably go back 2 chapters adn then we find that the context of this prophecy is gives as the time of David

Ezekiel 34:23-24 23 And I WILL SET UP ONE SHEPHERD OVER THEM, and he shall feed them, even my servant David: he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd. 24 And I the Lord will be their God: and my servant David the prince in the midst of them: I the Lord have spoken it.

Of coutse the time of David has passed, so once again the verses are shown to be taken completely out of context.

5. The Hebrew language will be revived from the dead (Zephaniah 3:9). Fulfillment: 19th & 20th Centuries.

Whilst the temporal context is not readily established here, the following verses would indicate that if the time is now then the Chosen People are not obeying the word of the Lord their God.

Zephaniah 2 v12 And I will leave in the midst of you a poor and needy people: and they shall hope in the name of the Lord. 13 The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies, nor shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed, and shall lie down, and there shall be none to make them afraid.

6. All the nations of the world will come together against Israel over the issue of the control of Jerusalem (Zechariah 12:1-3). Fulfillment: Currently occurring.

Once again we are talking about the time of Darius as stated in Zechariah 1:1 In the eighth month, in the second year of King Darius

Once again the re-assemblace of the children of Isreal took place subsequent to this, yet they see fit to apply this to a later and second event. One has to ask why?

Incidentally if you are quoting verses that purport to show God's Chosen are to return then why do you not quote Zechariah 8:7-8

7 Thus says the Lord of hosts: Behold I will save my people from the land of the east, and from the land of the going down of the sun. 8 And I will bring them, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God in truth and in justice.

The facts are this that if you read Zechariah 10 it is easily seen that all of this refers to the deliverance of the Israelites from Egypt and Assyria.

Cherry picking once again.

Prophecies Yet To Be Fulfilled

1. The Arab nations of the world will attack Israel in a coordinated effort to annihilate the state (Psalm 83).

Once again this is an historical context and was achieved.

2. Israel will soundly defeat the Arab alliance (Zechariah 12:6).

Zechariah makes no specific mention of the Arabs.

6 In that day I will make the governors of Juda like a furnace of fire amongst wood, and as a firebrand amongst hay: and they shall devour all the people round about, to the right hand, and to the left: and Jerusalem shall be inhabited again in her own place in Jerusalem.

Now at the time all around them were the Philistines, the Samarians, Phonicians et al. I am nor certain of the lineage of these peoples other than that the Samarians were Semites like the Jews (as indeed are all Arabs)

3. Israel will dwell in security and prosperity (Ezekiel 38:11).

Another text taken completely out of context. This was all part of a cunning scheme. Exikiel 38:10-13. 10 Thus says the Lord God: In that day projects shall enter into your heart, and you shall conceive a mischievous design. 11 And you shall say: I will go up to the land which is without a wall, I will come to them that are at rest, and dwell securely: all these dwell without a wall, they have no bars nor gates: 12 To take spoils, and lay hold on the prey, to lay your hand upon them that had been wasted, and afterwards restored, and upon the people that is gathered together out of the nations, which has begun to possess and to dwell in the midst of the earth. 13 Saba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tharsis, and all the lions thereof shall say to you: Are you come to take spoils? Behold, you have gathered your multitude to take a prey, to take silver, and gold, and to carry away goods and substance, and to take rich spoils.

....continued

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Part 2

4. A Russian coalition consisting mainly of Muslim nations will invade Israel (Ezekiel 38:1-17).

Gog and Magog

Names, respectively, of a king and of his supposed kingdom, mentioned several times in Ezekiel 38 and 39, and once in the Apocalypse (20:7). In the first passage of Ezechiel we read the command of Yahweh to the prophet: "Son of man, set thy face against Gog the land of Magog...and prophesy of him...Behold, I come against thee, O Gog, the chief prince of Mosoch and Thubal" (38:2-3). A similar command is found also at the beginning of chapter 39. These two chapters contain repeated reference to Gog and Magog, but they furnish only vague and uncertain indications as to the identity of the ruler or the location of the country. In chapter 39 Gog is represented (verses 5 and 6) as being accompanied in his invasion of the land of Israel by the Persians, Ethiopians, and Libyans, Gomer, and...the house of Thogorma; and in verse 15 we read: "And thou shalt come out of thy place from the northern parts." From the number and variety of the peoples mentioned in this connection some writers have inferred that the name Gog may be only a generic appellation, or figure, used in Ezechiel to designate the host of the enemies of Israel, and in the Apocalypse to denote the multitude of the foes of the Church. Others conjecture that it may be a local title expressing the royal dignity, such as the name Pharaoh in Egypt. But it seems more probable that both names are historical; and by some scholars Gog is identified with the Lydian king called by the Greeks Gyges, who appears as Gu-gu on the Assyrian inscriptions. If this be true, Magog should be identified with Lydia. On the other hand, as Mosoch and Thubal were nations belonging to Asia Minor, it would seem from the text of Ezechiel that Magog must be in that part of the world. Finally, Josephus and others identify Magog with Scythia, but in antiquity this name was used to designate vaguely any northern population.

Source

Looks as if your Russians are possibly Greeks. Fact facts Russia was not even at nation at the time this was written and would not have been known to the writer. Even in the times of the Khazars the were a wild tribe the Rus and not yet melded into a nation and that is 700 AD or so.

5. The Russian coalition will be destroyed supernaturally by God (Ezekiel 38:18-23 & 39:1-8).

Again no evidence of a Russian coalition is mooted in the texts, and it is once again clear that at this point the Isrealites are not in the promised land.

Ezikiel 39:6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and on them that dwell confidently in the islands: and they shall know that I am the Lord.

Islands would definitely seem to refer more to the area of Greece, which would have been a known area.

6. The Antichrist will intervene and guarantee the security of Israel, enabling the Jews to rebuild their Temple (Daniel 9:27).

We may have a problem of translation here. The text in the Greek uses the word Messias and I believe in places Christos but not as far as I am aware any mention about and Anti-Christ. Of course I do not have access to the hebrew texts so may be it is the Anti-Christ in them.

If we read verses Daniel 9:25-27 the context does not quite seem the same - in other words text out of context is being used again.

25 Know, therefore, and take notice: that from the going forth of the word, to build up Jerusalem again, unto Christ, the prince, there shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks: and the street shall be built again, and the walls, in straitness of times. 26 And after sixty-two weeks Christ shall be slain: and the people that shall deny him shall not be his. And a people, with their leader, that shall come, shall destroy the city, and the sanctuary: and the end thereof shall be waste, and after the end of the war the appointed desolation. 27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many, in one week: and in the half of the week the victim and the sacrifice shall fail: and there shall be in the temple the abomination of desolation: and the desolation shall continue even to the consummation, and to the end.

7. At the end of three and a half years, the Antichrist will enter the rebuilt Temple in Jerusalem and declare himself to be God (Daniel 9:27, Matthew 24:15-18, & 2 Thessalonians 2:3-4).

The Chosen People are using the New Testament? Surely not!

Thessalonians 2 in context:

For yourselves know, brethren, our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain: 2 But having suffered many things before and been shamefully treated, (as you know) at Philippi, we had confidence in our God, to speak unto you the gospel of God in much carefulness. 3 For our exhortation was not of error, nor of uncleanness, nor in deceit. 4 But as we were approved by God that the gospel should be committed to us: even so we speak, not as pleasing men but God, who proves our hearts. 5 For neither have we used at any time the speech of flattery, as you know: nor taken an occasion of covetousness (God is witness): 6 Nor sought we glory of men, neither of you, nor of others. 7 Whereas we might have been burdensome to you, as the apostles of Christ: but we became little ones in the midst of you, as if a nurse should cherish her children: 8 So desirous of you, we would gladly impart unto you not only the gospel of God but also our own souls: because you had become most dear unto us.

Sorry but I see nothin in there that refers to the anti-Christ decalring himself God, unless you are refering to Christ as a part of the Trinity being God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Ghost? This would be Christ in that case as destroyed upon the cross by the Romans with the colusion of the Jews. Is this your Anti-Christ?

8. The Jews will reject the Antichrist, and he will respond with an attempt to annihilate them, killing two-thirds of them in the process (Revelation 12:13-17 & Zechariah 13:8-9).

Once again I would remind you that Revelation refers to the the Revelation of St John the Divine and is a book of the New Testament. God's Chosen People have no place quoting this if the chosen people are indeed the Children of Israel.

9. At the end of the Tribulation, when the Jews have come to the end of themselves, they will turn to God and receive Yeshua as their Messiah (Zechariah 12:10, Romans 9:27-28, & Romans 11:25-27).

Ysk, quoting the New Testament again?

10. Jesus will return and regather all believing Jews to Israel (Deuteronomy 30:1-9).

Jesus? I find no mention of Jesus in these verses, which I would remind you come from the Torah.

11. Israel will be established as the prime nation in the world (Isaiah 2:1-4 & Micah 4:1-7).

12. The Lord will bless the Jewish remnant by fulfilling all the promises He has made to Israel (Isaiah 60:1-62:7).

13. The blessings of God will flow out to all the nations through the Jewish people during the Millennial rule of Jesus (Zechariah 8:22-23).

The texts could refer to any period and are much more likely to be refering to the period before the return to Jerusalem after captivity in Egypt/Assyria

The is no mention of Jesus. The Lord refered to could not possibly have been Jesus if refered to by an old testament scribe as first he would have been called the Messiah and second, without the original, it is not possible to say what the name was. In the Latin it is Domini, but can be God and in the Lord God Jehovah, Yahveh. One thing you can be very sure of is that it is not Jesus.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by PuterMan

This is where people mess up
Not all "Christians" are Christians.
just because someone does something saying they are Christian does NOT mean that they are a TRUE Christian.
Christian mean "Follower of Christ"
If someone's actions and life style are contrary to the teachings of the TRUE CHRIST of the Bible, then they are NOT A CHRISTIAN. PERIOD

So don't blame the past and the present murders and hatred on TRUE CHRISTIANS

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
If the Jews Which by the way the name didnt come about till the Babylonian captivity were still God's "A" list people . Then why did Christ come and explain to me this little snippet from the old Testament .

Amos 5 verse 21-27
I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies.
Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.
Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols.
But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream.
Have ye offered unto me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel?
But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves.
Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the LORD, whose name is The God of hosts.

Now what star that pertains to the so called Jews "hebrew" could he be referring to ? Don't believe it that they are the only chosen people . They had theyre chance. They screwed it up. (multiple times) God got fed up. They were constantly straying by worshipping other Gods. And he came up with a way for all. They use the old fact of them being the original chosen ones to justify their actions. And refuse to believe that all men and women would be considered equal to them. In the eyes of God.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by peacefull observer]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Deny ignorance? Hmmm... Prophecy.

In 50 maybe 100 years people will look back and think (quite correctly) that most people were completely and utterly insane.

That people will refer to a mish-mash of very old writings, compiled by many different people (each with their own agenda) over centuries and use them to help with/justify real life and death decisions, that involve the individual right up to millions of people still staggers me.

It takes but a few hours of serious thought to see that it is nonsense. But of course, those who do not ask questions and 'believe' are blessed. Those who do as directed by their preachers interpretations of these very old texts are the ones who will be saved from the eternal and everlasting torture that will befall those who dare to think and ask questions. Of course you do have the choice. You can always decide not to ask questions and then you will be fine.

If you are looking for a God then you have decided that you wish to be a subject of a larger power.

Humans (modern) have been around for hundreds of thousands of years.
Humans in some less advanced form for millions.

Only in the last 2000/3000 years have we been saved from ETERNAL torture of never ending pain and weeping and death and misery... etc...

Why does God insist on cryptic messages and riddles? He wants so very dearly (so we are told) to be recognised. If he is all powerful then why has he not even managed to communicate that to us effectively? A very simple task.

Why does an all powerful God require everyone to bow down and worship and tell him how great and powerful he is? Surely he would already know? Come on people... Does this not seem like the needs of man rather than God? You subordinate to Gods representatives who are very much alive and HUMAN. They usually ask for money... and that you MUST keep coming back and tell your friends to otherwise you will not be saved from ETERNAL torture of never ending pain and weeping and death and misery... etc... etc...

If you are born on a remote part of the planet are you doomed to hell? I mean just for having the effrontery and impudence of being born?

You will believe that which you are taught. Different religions in different parts of the world with different cultures and teachings. 'Those people over there' need to be taught the correct way, the TRUTH. So people willingly travel to far distant lands to kill and teach them the truth. The 'teachers' do not do any of the fighting.

Take control of your ******* life and take responsibility for your actions. If you want to do something, then do it in YOUR name.

Everyone is equal. Anyone who believes they are more valuable than another is causing, conflict, pain and war.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Pentothal]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pentothal
Humans (modern) have been around for hundreds of thousands of years.
Humans in some less advanced form for millions.

Only in the last 2000/3000 years have we been saved from ETERNAL torture of never ending pain and weeping and death and misery... etc...

Why does God insist on cryptic messages and riddles? He wants so very dearly (so we are told) to be recognised. If he is all powerful then why has he not even managed to communicate that to us effectively? A very simple task.

Ah, but you see they will tell you that you can't ask God to prove that he exists, because that means you doubt which means you go to hell. That's how those in control of organized religion and its texts keep control over the population.

"God speaks to me, but not to you. Don't question it, God will be angry with you. Good sheep."

It keeps people in a state of ignorance and fear and helps those in power justify atrocity after atrocity. How was it that God revealed himself to the believers of the Abrahamic religions (Jews, Muslims, and Christians) but nobody else? If God wants to be known wouldn't he have told everyone? Of course he would have.

Prophecy is written in such a way that people can read meanings into them that may or may not be there. That's the beauty of them....

For us to roll over and accept this drivle as fact flies in the face of everything that ATS stands for.

If I'm right then what waits for us after death is nothing like what you've been told, and if I'm wrong I burn in hell, which is where I was doomed to go when I decided to heed human nature and question things.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203

This is where people mess up
Not all "Christians" are Christians.
just because someone does something saying they are Christian does NOT mean that they are a TRUE Christian.
Christian mean "Follower of Christ"
If someone's actions and life style are contrary to the teachings of the TRUE CHRIST of the Bible, then they are NOT A CHRISTIAN. PERIOD

So don't blame the past and the present murders and hatred on TRUE CHRISTIANS

Who was? I see nothing in my post to that effect. Perhaps you did not read all of it?

Actually I don't think I mentioned anything about Christianity per se, other than to say that God's Chosen People should not be relying on texts from the New Testament - the covenant of the Christians - to support their claim on a promised land.

Mm, maybe you were replying to the wrong post???

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Pentothal

This will be a one liner and the mods may dislike it but 100 thousand million stars if it was possible. If only more people would see it like that.

[edit on 9/6/2010 by PuterMan]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Just looked over your post and decided that most of your Idea is just speculation or your ideas, which I don't have a problem with. But when the prophets of the Bible over different ages messages coincide in with History I'll stick with them.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
If Israel is "God" chosen people....what were they chosen for? What does "God" intend to do with them?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

Well I don't have a problem with that. You are perfectly entitled to that point of view. My only comment on that is that what I was trying to show is that there are differing interpretations of the dates. This is something that my father was a stickler about, in particular in relation to the fall of Jerusalem (various) and the destruction of the temple.

By the way original ideas and thinking are permitted you know. Don't fall into the peer review trap where everything becomes a simple rehash of everything else.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by larnhr
If Israel is "God" chosen people....what were they chosen for? What does "God" intend to do with them?

Totally excellent question!

Chosen does not necessarily mean 'special' or 'better'!

Jesus was born a Jew and He said; 'there are many rooms in my Father's house'.

The Spirit of the living God was poured out for all the world. The other ways of faith known in the world also contain reference to attaining God's favour. Names and traditions and emphasis adhere to the cultural norms of the region but all contain culturally relevent Spirit given Truths, of the nature of creation, of God's True nature, of man's susceptibility to the nature of darkness and the power of Love.

Jerusalem. More than merely symbolic of the city of God, a place of real power. I do not have any knowledge of this but I believe, my theory, Jerusalem lies on Earth's primary ley line or some-such.

And for now, perhaps the Jews continue to guard Jerusalem against the prophecies of the end times?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

But when the prophets of the Bible over different ages messages coincide in with History I'll stick with them.

Did it not ever occur to you that *history* is being made to line up with the bible verses? The same way that people can bend the course of a river?

If I can write a prophecy that a certain even might happen ( a woman gets pregnant), It will follow that if I am not 'honest', I can bend everything I can bend to make that woman pregnant (most likely by me). This is what is happening NOW.

I said it before, and I'll say it again: Israel is supposed to be set against by everyone else for their R I G H T E O U S N E S S. Not the BS they have been pulling. Not because they have dirty dealings and act like the fat bully child on the playground.

Zephaniah 2 v12 And I will leave in the midst of you a poor and needy people: and they shall hope in the name of the Lord. ****13 The remnant of Israel shall not do iniquity, nor speak lies, nor shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feed, and shall lie down, and there shall be none to make them afraid. ****

How blind does one have to be to see that Israel is ever so NOT like is stated above? This is why I hold the opinion that this whole thing stinks like 2 day old fish left in a parking lot.

I'm going to add this, so I dont hear any more "you think like Hitler" remarks: I do not care at this point one bit about Israel's morals EXCEPT as how the bible is being shown to be prophecy being fulfilled. It's a like pointing at a 3 1/2 dollar bill and trying to say it's genuine. It has nothing to do about my hating Jews, loving Jews, or any other personal or racial opinion about them. This has to do with some severely glaring errors that MUST be looked at. Addressed.... there's a problem that's far to big for any one person.

We're being dragged along on some crazy people's agenda- and expected to do without question or a whimper- meanwhile the errors and mistakes just get more glaring all the time of how *wrong* this round of 'end time' prophecy is going down... It isnt time, and someone's trying to MAKE it time.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by wylekat]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ccsct203

So, my brothers, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.-Rom7.4

You who are trying to be justified by law have been alienated from Christ; you have fallen away from grace.-Gal5.4

the law that was put into effect through angels-Act7.53

These things may be taken figuratively, for the women represent two covenants. One covenant is from Mount Sinai and bears children who are to be slaves-Gal4.24

it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.-Rom9.8

At that time the son born in the ordinary way persecuted the son born by the power of the Spirit. It is the same now-Gal4.29

They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves.-Rev20.9

But the Jerusalem that is above is free, and she is our mother.-Gal4.26

For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."-Matt12.50

Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."-John6.29

Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.-John3.18

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Loken68

I laughed so hard after reading your post. Are you serious and did you write all that with a straight face? Oh well whatever...

Just adding, every race or kind of people follow different religion for eg. there is Christianity, Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, Buddhism, Islam etc. so your chosen rule does not apply to everyone. It only applies to whoever follows Judaism. Sorry to disappoint you.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Crimson_King]

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join