It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian Fleming was a real spy (writer of James Bond 007)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I grew up around the whitby Harbor for some people that don't know During World War 2 a place in Whitby Ontario was used as a Spy Training Facility It is now known as "Camp X"

After the war it became The Whitby Phsyciatric Hospital later to be left for ruins when the hospital was re-built on an adjacent property, Lot of us locals used to sneak out and search around the abandoned hospital/spy facility it wasn't for the faint heart i saw things i wish i hadn't but anyways

Ian Fleeming The Writer of James bond was Trained right here in Canada at Camp X in Whitby Ontario.

I wanted to show this because most people believe he wrote on fiction but Mr. Ian Fleming was the real deal, I'm sure some of his writing were over exaggerated but you never know do you lol

Camp X - It's where Ian Fleming trained to be a spy during WWII - then he went on to create James Bond 007
www.canadacool.com...

Camp X was the unofficial name of a Second World War paramilitary and commando training installation, on the northwestern shore of Lake Ontario between Whitby and Oshawa in Ontario, Canada. The area is known today as Intrepid Park, after the code name for Sir William Stephenson of the British Security Coordination.
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
If you want to know about Ian Fleming's wartime exploits, Andrew Lycett's biography, Ian Fleming (London: Weldenfeld and Nicolson, 1995), will give you the full story - together with the rest of Fleming's life-story in correspondingly minute detail.

The Wikipedia entry on Fleming is also quite informative.

No conspiracy here, no secret, but a fascinating true story all the same.

new topics

join