It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im tired of the UFO skeptics

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
To be quite honest - The whole UFO/ET/Government debate is lose/lose on both sides of the coin. The skeptic nor the believer can present enough evidence that fully supports either claim to totally persuade the other party. All I can do is present to you certain cases from the past with reliable witnesses such as high up Military officials etc and radar contact of these craft among other cases where 100s of folks see the same thing. I'd take the word of a 5-Star Military General over anyone off the street any day and radar proof in heavily monitored airspace is proof enough for me. Then you can "try" to debunk it using whatever means that you use to debunk such a subject. Mass hallucination? Weather balloons? Some bullcrap project mogul lie? A fallen satellite? Natural weather phenomenon? A human made hoax? Military flares? Top secret military craft?

In other words - I can preach this or that until I am blue in the face and you can say it just isnt so and in turn, we are back to square 1 again. These types of debates on this subject in particular are like a dog chasing their tail in a circle. Neither side really gets anywhere because simply put: neither side can present enough hard evidence to persuade the other side of the coin.

The only smoking gun for the believer would be if a UFO landed on the White House lawn.
All the debunker/skeptic can do is just say this or that isnt true and throw derogatory comments toward the believer...so all the skeptic has is word of mouth vs a plethora of UFO case files.

But most any hardcore skeptic or debunker wouldnt believe it if a real honest to god ET was standing right in front of them...Or if a UFO from another world landed in their front yard. Or if President Obama came forth on TV with Extraterrestrial disclosure. They'd think its a trick. It cannot be true, its too "Star Wars" or "Star Trek" to be true. Its a fantasy world that some hillbilly redneck from Tennessee believes and lives in...How can it be true? These people are messed up in the head to be believing in this sort of thing!

So if any persuading was gonna be done here (from either side of the coin) it would have been done long before I was even born more than likely. With people more qualified than me on the subject and have backgrounds such as nuclear physicist (like Stanton Friedman for example) - I mean, if guys like him cannot persuade anyone, then I damn sure cant. There have been a long line of folks with great credentials that believe in this subject and have tried to bring forth disclosure. There however have been some crackpots down the line that give this research a very very bad name. People like Phil Schneider and Billy Meier. Its people like them that give this line of research a black eye and its why some Scientists from around the world study it behind closed doors so that they wont be ridiculed within their circle. Its why Commercial Airliner Pilots never report what they see when they see these UFOs. They'd be fired or grounded to some office job - I mean, who wants a Pilot that "sees things?" and maybe "hallucinating?" - So this line of research is frowned upon within serious Scientific research circles. To most, the bad far outweighs the good in this subject. Its often times just too "incredible".

But remember, all it takes is for 1 incident out of a million to break the door down on this subject.

Its honestly a Cosmic Watergate and it needs to be studied thoroughly and brought into the open. There are just way too many paper trails and strange incidents with credible witnesses. There have been many Military Officials come forth with this or that and put their entire reputation on the line. Colonel Philip Corso has one hell of a story to tell about Roswell, if you havent read the book "The Day After Roswell" yet. He waited until he was on his deathbed before he let the proverbial cat out of the bag. But hey, these people are nut-jobs huh?

So it just boils down to what you believe in personally and it comes down to one trying to push their belief onto the other person.

Its kind of like believing in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. Either you do, or you dont.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by -Blackout-]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Oh dear you poor thing.

Did a big bad skeptic make you sad?

I'll admit I stopped reading after the cliched Whitehouse lawn bit.

Why do you skeptic haters always say the same things?

Anyway, thanks for starting yet another anti-skeptic thread, lord knows we need another!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

hah, yeah I had a small debate with someone else on another forum.

I just had to get that off my chest

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

This was a completely unnecessary bait post. No one forced you to read it, and no one forced your hand to hammer down those keys for such a trollish reply.

He makes a valid point. Sometimes, the skeptics get a bit out of hand considering this is a conspiracy site after all. He had the integrity to explain that it is in fact lose/lose and no one can really come to any agreements and no one can present solid proof.

If you get tired of "all these skeptic-hater posts", stop reading them, or at least provide constructive feedback.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Oh dear you poor thing.
Did a big bad skeptic make you sad?

Another feckless contribution from "The Boy" (sez it all don't it!).
Back on topic. Yes, I agree, the disinfo boys (^), and the debunkers are all here to derail any formulation of credibility.
Unless you have been there, others won't believe, or deny, any belief.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Good post -Blackout-
S & F

You make a damn good point there. Both sides of the party have their problems.

SOME BELIEVERS will just straight up agree with whatever story/video is put infront of them. They aren't willing to consider other scenarios which may be a plausible cause for the phenomena. I've seen this happen on here many times, and when you try to prove them otherwise, you get ridiculed as a "dis-info agent". I mean, seriously...

SOME SKEPTICS just won't agree with what they or other people have seen. Even if you provide solid, hard-case evidence that something like an ET or UFO was involved, they just wouldn't accept it. Trying to convince them is like talking to a brick wall. I guess some skeptics are just to proud to accept the fact that us Humans, really aren't that significant in the Universe.

To put it bluntly, they are both as bad as eachother...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan_The_Maori

Yep exactly. That pretty much sums up my entire post in fewer words

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

This was a completely unnecessary bait post. No one forced you to read it, and no one forced your hand to hammer down those keys for such a trollish reply.
He makes a valid point.

I agree!
Another boyish troll reply.
Star 4 U, and S&F to the OP!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-

I just had to get that off my chest

I understand your frustration. And I don't know if it is any comfort to you, but I just want to mention that many of the people who have ended up as "skeptics" are former "believers". They are people who have done the research and digging and come to the conclusion that not all of it, but certainly MOST of the stuff presented as "UFO evidence" are hoaxes or different natural phonemena which has simply been misinterpreted.

Many of the skeptics are also very disappointed by what they have discovered. I know this because I am one of them.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Most people do believe in UFos and ETs !

The loud minority are those that do not...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
it is impossible to be an UFO 100% believer, thats the reality

there are no definite proof of alien visitation

but yes, those who are totality closed to the possibility are just pseudo scientists or just have some mental disease

I read today some guy saying, well, an alien civilization would never find Earth, if they did it would be like winning the lottery 50 times

well, thats partially true, but we forget that we are not the most smart beings in this universe and we dont understand all physics and we didnt develop all tech yet

1 - there could be some tech that helps find planets with water
2 - the aliens could be our GODs in some way (if you believe the bible, you are an ancient alien believer, sorry, go study more)
3 - our DNA is something we cant understand until today, so, who knows ...

so, I think these pseudo scientists telling you it is impossible to exists aliens already here are just, well, not real scientists

if I had to bet my life on this, I just wouldnt be able to pick a side

in one hand, you have infinite reports from radar and pilots about UFO, in the other, you have the fact that the government was able to cover everything and the fact that aliens dont want to be seen if they are here

so it is really hard for me to be an 100% believer, but it is even harder for some guy to deny it 100%

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by watchZEITGEISTnow

LOL, I did a response because I read your post in the wrong way, it is late ... but about your post

yes, the majority of the people believe in UFOs ... why?

1 - Bible is an UFO paradise and most religion talk about it
2 - In the past, the majority of the people believed in UFOs too, ancient cultures
3 - A lot of people see youtube fake videos and believe they are real UFOs
4 - People are getting open minded
5 - Science says aliens exist
6 - People are starting to realize their government lie
7 - Too much content about it, today's kids live with aliens everyday in their cartoon network channels or whatever
8 - A lot of important people are stepping up and asking difficult questions
9 - Own Church says alien life is possible, in an AMAZING move that people look like just forgot

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Faiol]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

This whole thread is unnecessary and trollish.

When in Rome...

[edit on 8/6/10 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by SyphonX

This whole thread is pointless and trollish.

Pointless/Unnecessary? That would depend on who you ask sir.

Trollish? I was not trolling in my OP. I just had something to say in my own words. If anyone was trolling, it was you sir. Sorry.

edit: seen you edited out the pointless bit.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Thats a funny thing to say, considering you're the troll.

Seriously though, IMO you shouldn't be so concerned with what someone else believes. Its what YOU believe that counts. Sure, you might be considered a nut, but at least you believe in SOMETHING.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I use to get annoyed by skeptics but they play a vital role. I use to think the way you do blackout but i have grown and learned and with age and wisdom comes patience and tolerance. Without skeptical and critical thinking we would probably still think UFO's were swamp gas and weather balloons. It is a necessary approach in investigation of anything. Skeptics force you to work harder and come correct. Without skeptics we would probably have Billy Mier having his own religion worldwide and churches in his name. And other false prophets and con artists would benefit from the earnings of the dumb and blind. We would be farther from the truth than ever , as we are still oceans away from the hard truth still. This is what makes us Human in duality in asking questions. there is nothing easy or cut n dry about UFOligy as i have several grey hairs and pulled hair out in pursuit of truth. It is an elusive phenomena and is a very very complicated subject. There is a needle of in a haystack of lies and dis-info and someday we may find it. UFOligy is not for the ignorant , weak willed and selfish.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Unknown Soldier]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by -Blackout-

Don't listen to Trollwickus. It gets frustrating when you try to help people out, and they don't even listen.
When that happens, just remember that we Texans don't give a #$*& what idiots think. :p

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Great post.. reminds me of this part from the X-Files movie:

You saved me, Scully.

As different and frustrating as it's
been sometimes, your goddamn strict
rationalism and science have saved me
a thousand times; have kept me honest
and made me whole. I owe you so much,
Scully, and you owe me nothing.

I don't want to do this without you.
I don't know if I can. If I quit now,
they win.

Skeptics and believers compliment each other no matter how much animosity there is.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by -Blackout-
So it just boils down to what you believe in personally and it comes down to one trying to push their belief onto the other person.

Its kind of like believing in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy. Either you do, or you dont.

The thread is titled: I'm tired of the UFO skeptics

OK... what exactly is your point then? Yeah, it all comes down to each individual's experiences, like you said, either you do or you don't. I'm missing the point of the thread entirely.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
I openly admit that I view UFO's to be " black op's " high tech hardware . Originating right here on good old planet Earth .

Having said that I make no claims in knowing wether or not alien life exists out there , I just don't think it has ever came " here " .

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join