It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my broke school

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

yea so apparently not only in my school, in others security of spying on the students is more important than school itself? So is it becoming more like a jail then, less learning, more observing and controlling? Also they have installed things (dont know how to explain) but it does something that weakens cell phone batteries.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
If I think defense contractors and Halliburton should be given blank checks so the US military can go off to the other side of the world and fight pointless wars, I would be considered "patriotic."

I think it is time for us to be truly patriotic. The enemy that threatens you is not some guy named Muhammed who is hanging out in a cave somewhere in Afghanistan, it is the waste and inattention that occurs in our public schools.

The chances of any of us dying in a terrorist attack are still pretty small. The chances of our children or our neighbor's children getting a substandard education are very high. If we pursued our educational problems with half the zeal we chased the "terrorists," situations like this would not be occurring across the country.

There is a bumper sticker many of us have seen that said, "Wouldn't it be great if the schools got all they wanted and the military had to hold a bake sale to buy another bomb." Let us live by those words.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotpinkurinalmint

There is a bumper sticker many of us have seen that said, "Wouldn't it be great if the schools got all they wanted and the military had to hold a bake sale to buy another bomb." Let us live by those words.
one of my teachers has that in her classroom. in a way i thought it was true, but at the same time it stung at the fact i want to be a pilot

<< 1   >>

join