It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

(SUBMISSION) Cologne nail bomb 'not terrorism' (moved from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
German police say they have no evidence that the Cologne bomb that injured 22 people was a terrorist attack.

Investigators also ruled out racism, saying they had "absolutely nothing on the motive".

More

The bomb exploded in a largely Turkish district of the city, showering the street with nails, glass and debris.

Police spokesman Dieter Klinger said "the means used and the way it was carried out" clearly showed the attack was meant to take lives.

"So far, we have no clear indication about the objective of this attack," he said.

"It is a relief that no one was killed."

German Interior Minister Otto Schily also said it was too early to determine a motive.

"The findings made so far by our intelligence authorities point not to a terrorist background, but to a criminal milieu," he said.

The blast hit the building - in a busy shopping street in the mainly Turkish district of Muelheim - at about 1600 local time (1400 GMT) on Wednesday.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Well, now that's about the stupidest thing I've ever heard in my life. Apparently they mean it's not linked to the "organized" terrorists, but if you set a nail bomb off in a public place - it's terrorism.

good lord.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Agreed Vall. A nail bomb not terrorism. lmfao. Who comes up with that stuff?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I guess they mean this from the "motive" angle.

Like Columbine. Terrorist type act, but not terrorism.

I wonder if they're thinking just kids? Or a sick prank? Not "prank" but you know what I mean.

No demands, no motive, just mayhem.

Like could an anarchist really be considered a terrorist? I suppose.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   
The idea behind terrorism is to put fear in people. We've just changed it around to the point where people think only arabs are able to committ acts of terrorism. If you walk onto a bus and blow yourself up you are a terrorist. Doesn't matter what your skin color is, what your national origin is or who gave you the bomb. Its the act that matters.

new topics

top topics

join