It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Jax11
I just got back from my meditation class and this is a great post. It chimes exactly with my feelings. Thanks for posting.
Originally posted by LifeIsEnergy
First, meditation is your inherit gift to yourself that everyone is capable of, so no need to spend money, on anything related to meditation. Each persons technique may differ to fit them best, but this technique I am going to describe is that which resembles a beginning Buddhists meditation. Another good technique that I sometimes use is the Ancient Hindu Chakra one, but let me start with the Buddhist one first.
1.Find a comfortable place to sit. (At first the darker and quieter the better, although you don't want total silence)
There is also a more advanced method i use where you sit somewhere uncomfortable in some way (Breeze, bump in the floor, anything distracting) then focus on that so you can enter your own body. Takes a lot longer but is one of the ways i use to get golden rain.
2.Find a comfortable position to sit. (Doesn't matter how you are sitting, although I recommend Indian style on the floor)
What works well for me to achieve an out of body experience or OBE is lying flat on my back with my right ankle crossed over the left ankle and my forearms facing down on my side with my palms facing the air. (Under the covers speeds up the process but may result in you falling asleep )
3.Close your eyes.
4.Begin to take deep natural breaths, in through your nose and out through your mouth.
5. Focus on your breaths as they go in and out, notice how they sound and how they feel.
6.Imagine them falling in and out of you. Do not force them. From now on only breath through your nose.
7.Now direct your focus on your body. Find any discomforts or impurities and focus on that area. Analyze how it feels, is it hot, cold, sharp or dull... and imagine the route which the signals are going from that area up to your brain.
8.Begin to detach your mind from these discomforts of your body by telling yourself "this body is only a temporary shell for me so it is not real and these uncomfortable pains or sensations are only an illusion of my mind". Repeat 5-8.
9. (This is my number nine for achieving golden rain.) Ignore everything else around you and try and focus on the blood pumping through your body. Start off by leaving your head and slowly moving down your body tightening and relaxing gently as you go until your body is completely relaxed. Now keep slowing down your breathing until your breathing just enough to live without it being a discomfort (This may take some practise.)
10. Now focus (Gently) on the chi running waves of excitement throughout your body. Keep in this state feeling the waves of lifeforce flowing through you getting stronger and stronger. Keep doing this until you no longer feel like a body, just pure energy... chi. Heaven.
11. Now for an out of body experience =] Once you feel like a block of glowing energy that can't really move (Basically like on Ketamine) try to float away. But don't put any effort into it, just image yourself levitating and you will gently feel yourself begin to either lift off the bed or sink into it. Either way is good. Now go explore your own little haven! Have fun!
9. Now direct your focus back to your breathing and then begin to notice all the sounds around you and ask yourself these questions. Are some farther away than others? Are some louder than others? Try not to judge the sounds. Don't tell yourself: I don't like that one or that one is too loud, just analyze everything about them, like which direction are the coming from, which direction are they going in. Try to imaging how much of it's sound wave is entering you and how much is going other places.
10. Now again focus on your breathing, how does it sound, how does it feel. Quiet your mind. No more thinking about anything, just be. There is no more such thing as time, there is no more such thing as you.
If at anytime throughout this you begin thinking about other things, just go back to focusing on your breathing and allow those thoughts to clear from your mind. I can run through the Chakra meditation also if anyone wants, although it is more difficult. Anyway, hope that helped someone. Peace!
Thanks for most of the writing LifeIsEnergy, i just woke up and you worded it well.
[edit on 9-6-2010 by LifeIsEnergy]