It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious face appears on cell phone photo, could this be a ghost??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is my first thread ever on ATS so if I'm not doing something right please let me know so I can fix it. Anyway last week my friend was in her bedroom at night and no lights were on and it was pitch black and as she was playing around with her phone she accidentally took a picture, no flash on this particular phone either. When she looked at the photo there appears to be a face of a man or woman, we could not tell but the picture was enough to send a chill down our spines. I will link to the photo in question and I welcome any and all opinions, she has no knowledge on how to fake something like this that I know of and I have known her for quite some time now.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing.

This may sound like a stupid question, but you didn't specifically mention it in your post ... that's not a picture of herself? she doesn't look anything like what the picture shows?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

That's very interesting and while it looks like a face, it could very well just be the way that the sheets or curtains were bunched up to resemble a face. Of course it could be the face of a ghost, though we can't really rule out the curtains or sheets explanation with the information given. Do you know if she has any sheets or curtains of a lighter shade?

--airspoon

Edited to add: When I first looked at the pic, I immediatly thought white or cream colored sheets before realizing that it resembled a face.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Did she accidently take a pic of herself and not know it - or was another person in the room. Its a close up and looks really cool whatever the case may be. If it isn't her or anyone else in the room - all I can say is Wow!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
most definitely a woman in this picture..
pretty freaky image, whatever it is it is very close to the phone..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
looks like a blurry image of a face out of an old Rembrandt painting with the colouring. If your friend isnt lying then she should be scared @@@@less because thats definitely a face.

you guys should try getting EVP's and taking more pictures in that room. keep us updated!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
There is a window to the right of her bed with curtains but it would be too far for those to show up. As far as it being her, by the structure of the "face" on the photo I would say it's not, her facial features are completely different. She had mentioned to me on more than one occasion before the photo was taken that she had heard strange noises around the house such as what she thought were foot steps in the hall way on the inside of her home.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah Johnson

Could they have accidentally taken a picture of a painting or photograph? At first glance it seemed the friend took a picture of herself w/o realizing it but that doesnt seem to be the case

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
this is garbage. it looks like someone just took a picture of themself and photoshopped it

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

I have been trying to convince her to do some research on the history of the house but she is very busy with her personal life so it looks like it will be up for me to do if anything is to be discovered. I slept over at the house on a few different occasions and I haven't seen or heard anything strange except the lights in the house will flicker now and then but that could be from anything. Trust me it freaked me out the other night when she showed it to me, good thing I was drunk otherwise I may have had second thoughts on staying.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by first class soldier

Haha if you knew her you wouldn't be saying that, she is lucky she can figure out how to make a phone call let alone use photoshop.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It's probably a photo of her, but may not closely resemble her because it's blurry and she was moving the camera when she took it. if she's so bad with technology then she could have mistakenly taken a photo backwards, and towards herself, without knowing it, right?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Going with what you told us, I would say your best bet is that it is HER in the photo.....

top topics

join