It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America! please stop! It was Halliburton who caused this *SNIP* really

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I believe a number of companies were the cause. plus the mineral management service U.S. Department of the Interior.
www.huffingtonpost.com...

Every system has a backup when offshore drilling.
If something goes wrong everyone believes that another part of the system can keep thing from getting out of control. this causes people to believe the system CYA. FAIL

In this case Murphy took charge. (the only one that knew what they were doing)

A bad cement job should have been caught by the testing crew. FAIL

The testing crew should have told the engineer that there was a problem FAIL so that the mud crew could have taken steps to keep the mud heavy till they knew what was wrong and took steps to control the problem. FAIL

When the blowout did happen there was a diverter system that should have stopped the gas and oil from reaching the drill floor and diverted it to a safe zone. FAIL

The generators for the platform were designed to be protected from any gas from the drill floor from reaching them. FAIL

And lastly when all else failed the BOP should have sealed the well. FAIL

If any part of this system had worked this blowout would not have been out of control.

And because of this no one had ever worked on a worst case scenario.

Something as easy a having a system on the BOP to allow a damaged riser to be removed quickly and a new one plugged in would have saved a lot of problems.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by ANNED]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by stevcolx
Liar? You my friend need to learn some ettiqute in this forum.

I do work for Halliburton. If u don't know what your saying please don't say it.

Closing the shear rams on the BOP is not the last you'll see of the well.

Let me tell u a little story. Once upon a time on a well far frar away........

Closing the Shear and or Blind Rams on a BOP will stop the pressure coming up the production and annulus of the well. When that is done the well can be opened through the Killl Wing Valves and heavy Mud (Kill Fluid) can be pumped down to control the well. Once control has been established they can then re-open the BOP's and do whatever they need to control the well even more including running completion tubing with a packer on the end to block off the production and annulus.

What I do is install special tools onto the completion string such as the Packer, NoGo Nipples, Permanent Gauge System, TRSSV and Tubing Hanger. That's what I do!!!

I am not a LIAR! But I'm not going to settle an argument about who I work for by having you rant and rave to my employer. That would not be very ethical. Would it?

What you mean BOP's??? singular not plural we are not stacking BOP's.

A BOP is 1 object. and sure you can re-open a BOP but this takes time and the well is losing tons of $$$ every day not to mention MMS and on site check report and then clearance unless you report this in log as BS... I really need to know em ail at Halliburton or something you are disregarding rep. Also please don't tell me an employee at Halliburton cannot cease cement procedure I JUST LOOK AT YOUR OWN MANUAL

you can have ATS admin verify employment simple and objective and if i'm wrong certainly an apology. OK fair enough?

1 last thing well far far away PLEASE EXPLAIN THE SEA WATER DILUTION TECHNIQUE and you better damn well have the right answer because I will be forwarding this thread to MMS for investigation! PLEASE EXPLAIN!!!

you do not work for Halliburton. stop fibbing

[edit on 8-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Sorry we in the Oil Industry business use the term BOP's. Blowout Preventers. And opening the Kill Wing Valve is a Hydraulic Operation. Including Opening the BOP's. Or BOP if u want to be picky. Opening and shutting this equipment is with Hydraulic Oil and Pressure.

And sorry I will not be handing out my email address to every Tom, Dick and Harry. If ATS admin ask me then ok I will but it's not a public email address. It's business.

This is a discussion forum so let's discuss.

Sea Water Dilution Technique? I haven't the slightest idea what that is. I'm not in the cementing side of the business. Like I said I am completions but I do know some things about the other PSL's. We all have to as part of our online training systems.

[edit on 8/6/2010 by stevcolx]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Sorry we in the Oil Industry business use the term BOP's. Blowout Preventers. And opening the Kill Wing Valve is a Hydraulic Operation. Including Opening the BOP's. Or BOP if u want to be picky. Opening and shutting this equipment is with Hydraulic Oil and Pressure.

And sorry I will not be handing out my email address to every Tom, Dick and Harry. If ATS admin ask me then ok I will but it's not a public email address. It's business.

This is a discussion forum so let's discuss.
No sh*

sherlock holmes it's BOP and my family in this business whole life! But easy enough if YOU ARE REAL MMS is bound to have you on reports trust me on this. So are we to understand you are now the Bob Lazar of Halliburton? deep throat if you will? OK fine please explain sea water dilution technique PLEASE DO I know why the logger did so DO YOU????

OKAY I see your edit and will explain seawater now for a shower because i need one and this whole dilution was crazy!!! I will try to explain not sure if i can BECAUSE IT WAS F** CRAZY.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by jeffrybinladen]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Ok Jeffrey. I'm going to close this discussion with you. Why? Because this is not a discussion anymore. I'm only here to offer my opinion. That's all.
If u want to rant and rave at me and threaten me with investigations then so be it.

I'm just another pebble in the sea of life. Nothing special. Just trying to find my way round in the world like everyone else.

Have A Safe Day!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
also please tell me who did cement job casing? from my understanding the BO happened during MUD NO? PLEASE I NEED THAT TECH NAME OR WORKER ID? I suppose Halliburton will claim KIA Correct?? after all he was at GZ well platform NO?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Ok Jeffrey. I'm going to close this discussion with you. Why? Because this is not a discussion anymore. I'm only here to offer my opinion. That's all.
If u want to rant and rave at me and threaten me with investigations then so be it.

I'm just another pebble in the sea of life. Nothing special. Just trying to find my way round in the world like everyone else.

Have A Safe Day!!
why run away you asked for discussion correct please respond about mud first and leave later K!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Everyone has their opinion and here is mine:

There is too much wine being drunk on this thread.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by jeffrybinladen

Jeff,

What's done is done. I suggest start devising a plan to stop the oil leak instead of worrying about who caused it right now.

Anything besides a blame match.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join