It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Paul McCartney actually die in 1966?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Did Paul McCartney actually die in 1966?

Paul McCartney has his 68th birthday coming up on June 18th. Or does he? MVD Visual announces the release of a film from Highway 61 Entertainment: PAUL McCartney Really Is Dead, The Last Testament of George Harrison for North American distribution on September 1, 2010. The following description of the film is provided by director Joel Gilbert of Highway 61 Entertainment:

"In the summer of 2005, a package arrived at the Hollywood offices of Highway 61 Entertainment from London with no return address. Inside were two mini-cassette audio tapes dated December 30, 1999 and labeled 'The Last Testament of George Harrison.' A voice identical to Harrison tells a shocking story: Paul McCartney was killed in a car crash in November of 1966 and replaced with a double! British intelligence, MI5, had forced the Beatles to cover up McCartney's death to prevent mass suicides of Beatle fans. However, the remaining Beatles tried to signal fans with clues on album covers and in songs. Until now, the "Paul is Dead" mystery that exploded worldwide in 1969 was considered a hoax. However, in this film, George Harrison reveals a secret Beatles history, chronicling McCartney's fatal accident, the cover up, dozens of unknown clues, and a dangerous cat and mouse game with 'Maxwell,' the Beatles' MI5 handler, as John Lennon became increasingly reckless with the secret. Harrison also insists that Lennon was assassinated in 1980 after he threatened to finally expose 'Paul McCartney' as an impostor.

"Highway 61 Entertainment has corroborated most of George Harrison's stunning account of the conspiracy to hide McCartney's tragic death. Harrison's complete audio tapes narrate this film that includes all the newly unearthed evidence. The Last Testament of George Harrison may prove to be the most important document in rock and roll history, leaving little doubt that Paul McCartney is really dead."

www.guitarworld.com...

"Paul is dead" is an urban legend alleging that Paul McCartney of the English rock band The Beatles died in 1966 and was replaced by a look-alike and sound-alike. The legend dates from September 1969 when American students published articles claiming that "clues" to McCartney's death, presumed to have been placed deliberately by The Beatles or others, could be found among the lyrics and artwork of The Beatles' recordings. Despite the fact that the most influential article had been intended as a satirical piece, in a few short weeks, the rumour had grown to international proportions. The rumour was rebutted by a contemporary interview with McCartney published in November 1969[1] but continues to attract some interest.

en.wikipedia.org...

Ok I never heard of this conspiracy before, and I find it very interesting...
I saw it on guitarworld.com, and they said there is a movie coming about this!
According to youtube comments, or guitarworld comments it's a HOAX.. but hey you can never trust anyone, huh?

I ask opinions to my fellow ATS friends, because you are the best at debunking and arguing!

The movie website is

www.paulreallyisdead.com...

Enjoy!

EDIT: Here are some other member's thread about it (I forgot to do a search before.. as usual >

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jolois

Dear jolois

The question is does it matter.

Apparently there was a clue at the end of strawberry fields which it you played it backwards side Paul is Dead.

I don’t know how difficult this would be to achieve maybe some into recording can tell us that.

I never like strawberry fields back then it was to way out for me but no0w I have a copy

The only thing I would say is that if they will do this they will do anything and that is most likely the way to look at it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Yeah on this video

You can hear "I buried Paul"...

Only thing I could find!

But according to wikipedia article..

Some vocalizing by Lennon is faintly audible at the end of the song, picked up as leakage onto one of the drum microphones (close listening shows Lennon making other comments to Ringo). In the "Paul is Dead" hoax these were taken to be Lennon saying "I buried Paul."[37] In 1974, McCartney said, "That wasn't 'I buried Paul' at all—that was John saying 'cranberry sauce'. It was the end of Strawberry Fields. That's John's humour. John would say something totally out of sync, like cranberry sauce. If you don't realize that John's apt to say cranberry sauce when he feels like it, then you start to hear a funny little word there, and you think, 'Aha!'".[38]

en.wikipedia.org...

Hmmm...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mirthful Me

I sure saw that one coming, and I have to say what a thread that is! Is there not some way we could bury that Monster along with both Paul and Faul.

Warning if you think the Israeli/Palestinian argument is brutal you have seen nothing until the Paul/Faul argument sets in.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
There was a guest on Coast to Coast a few years ago, with a website, that showed extraordinarily precise comparisons and contrasts between the Paul before '68 or '69 and an accountant with an interest in music and lyrics who worked for Apple, I think, at some time.

The MI5 reason identified would have been a verrrrry legitimate reason to make the substitution, though I don't know, for sure, whether it really happened. I once tried to relocate the link on the Coast to Coast site, though the link I found didn't work at that time, and for some reason I never hear of the hosts referring to the challenge offered, just like the ignore the Patterson film confession of Patterson's wife and compatriot.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Mystical Sadhu]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
i dont believe it. jenny would know

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Coming from the UK I can assure you this is just another silly conspiracy that makes me laugh. Here is how you can tell it the same Paul.

If you listen to his vocals when the beetle were new to the scene and then compare those same vocals to now you can easily tell they are both turd!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   
People are so quick to dismiss, yet they are obviously not even prepared to give it a chance.
With a internet now widely available to many there are some interesting sites and this thread has a good deal of interesting and pertinent information.

This blows the socks off our perceptions of reality and shows how we may well have been manipulated over the years.

It IS important because if true it shows how gullible we are and prey to mass media manipulation.

In my mind, there appear to be some visible physical differences between Paul and Faul.
Have a look, see if you can notice anything.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Hey OP, interesting conspiracy.

Ultimately I think it came down to an awesome marketing ploy used to lure fans even deeper into their music. The reason it still survives to this day is because of just that, the little 'clues' left throughout the music, a little paper trail which ultimately lead to increased record sales in the years that the Faul myth first began to be perpetuated.

Ingenious stuff, but it was just a great marketing ploy.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I wonder if Paul is making any money from this latest movie/publicity stunt? Not a bad way to recover some of the losses from his previous divorce.

And why did Harrison leave behind an audio tape instead of a video tape? And the answer is: because audio tape is a lot easier to fake than video tape.

Gotta love the part where it says Lennon was killed because he was threatening to expose the impostor. By 1980, weren't rumors of Paul's death old news? As I recall, Lennon had much bigger fish after him than some guy who was reduced to singing silly love songs after the Beatles imploded.

All I can say say say is if it's Paul or Faul, just let it be.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
"This blows the socks off our perceptions of reality and shows how we may well have been manipulated over the years."

Paul or Faul, how can one be manipulated into purchasing the majority of the crap he released after the Beatles? Even most of the stuff he did with the Beatles was complete rubbish.

serbsta said it best: it was just an intelligent marketing ploy to continue the sales for their annoying and awful music, since at the time they knew they were headed for splitsville.

Did you ever consider the fact that they intentionally used a double in some photos and video to keep this Paul is dead charade going? Entertainers would do anything to keep the bucks rolling in - including fake their own non-death.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Where do you think Michael Jackson got the idea?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jolois
Yeah on this video

You can hear "I buried Paul"...

Only thing I could find!

But according to wikipedia article..

Some vocalizing by Lennon is faintly audible at the end of the song, picked up as leakage onto one of the drum microphones (close listening shows Lennon making other comments to Ringo). In the "Paul is Dead" hoax these were taken to be Lennon saying "I buried Paul."[37] In 1974, McCartney said, "That wasn't 'I buried Paul' at all—that was John saying 'cranberry sauce'. It was the end of Strawberry Fields. That's John's humour. John would say something totally out of sync, like cranberry sauce. If you don't realize that John's apt to say cranberry sauce when he feels like it, then you start to hear a funny little word there, and you think, 'Aha!'".[38]

en.wikipedia.org...

Hmmm...

G'day all,

After listening to it over and over with other's that didn't read what it's supposed to be, we came up with not "Cranberry sauce" or "I buried Paul" but,

I'm Verry Poor!

That's what we came up with, what do you think....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:15 AM
link   
No. Paul is not dead, he is very much alive and well.

I speak as someone who was taken in by this hoax several months ago - but after doing my own research I realised that all the things they talked about were either genuine mistakes or (more often) outright lies.

What I DID discover, though, was the work and music of a most brilliant artist. I've gone from someone who never listened to Beatles/Paul McCartney to a huge fan of them (more a fan of Paul than of the Beatles though
).

And because of this, I've watched tons of videos - of early 60s Paul, 70s Paul, 80s Paul, recent Paul - and in all of them, you see the same guy - same laugh, same smile, same mannerisms.

Bottom line - its the same guy.
Just enjoy his music, and please don't get taken in like I did.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Whoever they put in the Strawberry Fields Video

Is definately not Paul !!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
shouldn't this be in the MTV or BET forum and not on ATS?

this is a fine testament to the ultimate futility of a human mind. such much wasted oxygen in the world today.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimstradamus
Whoever they put in the Strawberry Fields Video

Is definately not Paul !!

If it don't start you have to click on the bar where you want it to start.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

"Turn me on dead man"....... lol!

Why do people play records backwards, obviously hear weird sh!t, then put their own words to it? How bored must they be? Does this only happen in English? Does German or Chinese singing play satanic messages (in their own language) when reversed?

If these recordings were meant as secret messages, how clever of the musicians to write songs, which when played backwards give another message.....lol...., you couldn't do it if you tried!

I can imagine secret labs where employees would be spinning test pressings backwards and listening to the secret messages to spread the word of conspiracy! Haha!

Paul McCartney didn't die in the late '60s, just ask Heather Mills, she'll tell you all about him..... lol!

Peace

btw

If you play any Simply Red songs backwards, you can clearly hear Mick Hucknall saying "I am a Carrot", over and over again!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myrddin Wyllt

Paul McCartney didn't die in the late '60s, just ask Heather Mills, she'll tell you all about him..... lol!

Funny you should mention that!

Check out the link I posted earlier, there's mention of her in it. She said something along the lines of "If people knew the truth about Paul...."

People are so quick to scoff without actually giving it time...yeah, it's preposterous, but worth looking into

[edit on 8-6-2010 by aorAki]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join