It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 10: the most disturbing horror flicks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   
oh god please help me this is killing me.

ive just searched all over the web and carnt find it

it was defanatly called
the haunted or the haunting

it was so scary and i heard it was banned.

the only bits i remember are a part where the young woman is in the house
and a black cloudy fog appears in the corner of the room.

and at the end when she thinks evrythings all right she hears a voice of an old woman calling her name "janet" "janet"

this will bug me for ages!!!!

please help

[Edited on 1-8-2004 by TrentReznor]

posted on Aug, 1 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I think that is The Haunting. Does a babies face seem to appear in the patterns on the wall? or a bit where some guys are in the drawing room, and something appears to be out in the hall scratching and snarling at the door? Cold areas on the stairs near the nursery?

I'm pretty sure that's "The Haunting", it's one of my favourites too.

The other film, which deeply disturbed me as a kid; well it wasn't really a film but part of a late night series of short stories made by Hammer in the 70's.... was called "The Two Faces of Evil".

It was about a family that pick up a hitchhiker one rainy night. They can't see his face because of his yellow rain hat and sou'wester. He scratches the dad, who was driving, and causes and accident. This "hitchhiker" turns out to be a doppleganger, who the family end up taking hope after the accident... very, very scary at the time..

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
yes that could be it.

but its not the 1968 the haunting
or the 1999 one

strange how theres nothing on the net about it.
or amazon

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
one of the best films horror or not is the mothman prophecies. ( is actually pretty frightening cuz its based on true events) my favorite movie ever. EVERYONE GO SEE IT!!! you will love it. i think it is only pg-13. i saw it a long time ago but i remember " 39 dead" in one of the womans dreams.i cant say anymore but everyone has to see it.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
mothman prophies is definetly a good one! totally underrated. didn't find it disturbing though. my pics for DISTURBING are:

From Hell

May

8mm, I went in expecting a normal nicholas cage movie, came out feeling like i needed to take 3 dozen showers.

Last house on the left, Wes Cravens first movie that makes you feel guilty for actually watching it.

if those aren't bad enough, BRING ON THE ITALIANS!

La Montagna del dio cannibale
(aka...Slave of the cannibal god, The Mountain of the Cannibal God, Primitive Desires, Prisoner of the Cannibal God)

Most Lucio Fulci movies

Cannibal Ferox
(aka....Make them die slow, Woman from deep river)

and THE KING OF DISTURBING, the movie "the blair witch project" mimicked, after removing all "entertaining" parts:

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST

hands down, doesn't get any more disturbing than that without going into true snuff films (which are dispicable and should all be illegal)

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Absinthe, it's not that British film with Roddy McDowell where they investigate a haunted house and the guys stuffed body is in the cellar?

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I can�t remember the name of the movie because I was about 6 or 7 when I so it

Maybe someone can help me with the name.

What I can remember was this man was drinking a bear when there where a worm in the bear and he swallowed it and after some time the man died and this worm where very bigger and came out his mouth and later developed in a small monster with red eyes
This thing always where under the bed and when someone where near the bed this monster grabbed the person and drag them under the bed and in the movies some electronic stuff came on by itself, like the electronic bread knife and the grinder, that�s all about what I can remember but for about till I was 14 I stand way back from the bed and jumped on the bed scared something will grab my feet.

And The Fly were groosim and the blob.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The scariest movie I've seen lately is the latest THUNDERBIRDS movie ....Cos I wasted my last few Quid (BUCKS) on it !

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
event horizon freaked me out pretty good, mothman prophacies did as well. most of those slasher films are really whack and stupid.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
For me has to be a Korean movie called "Tell Me Something" bout a serial killer, i like movies that dont tell you who the killer is until the end.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join