It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in UFO's now?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

You dont watch news? The governments of the world has informed us through national tv and news papers..Whats the matter with you people?you live in a cave?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Archirvion

official disclosure hasn't happened yet, but yes I do wish people would research the subject more.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by UKWO1Phot

A huge triangle craft silently floated over Phoenix, Arizona in 1997 I admit, I cannot explain this (only theorize) but that does not mean "aliens dun it", just like the superstitious ancients, they put things they did not explain down to "god dun it". The same can be applied to this, just because we do not understand it, does not mean the supernatural, God, or aliens did it. It just means we cannot explain it yet. It may have been a top secret (yet poorly kept) military aircraft.

Lets take this as an example..

What is the biggest aircraft capable of flight at the moment ? The Antanov AN-225 (biggest transporter). Although the Spruce Goose holds the biggest wingspan record of 319 ft 11 in (97.5 m).

The point being:- How can something so big (if one object) fly over Phoenix silently and disappear..

IF it's man made where does it land and take off undetected? There have been a few examples of supersized craft in UFO circles (Motherships if you will). Where are they manufactured etc...

That's what puzzles me about the argument of whether they are OURS or not..

I'm gonna play devils advocate here.
First let me say, I believe......no, I KNOW alien presence is a fact. We ARE them (but that's another thread for another time....)

But you're assuming we KNOW everything that goes on regarding the military.
Let me tell ya, we don't know squat.
They only 'allow' us to know so much. We're spoon-fed (for the sake of national security! Whatever :barf

It's my deep belief we are on other planets right now and we have underground cities on this planet and have mastered teleportation (see; Stargate).
Now, if you agree with that notion then....having a 5-mile wide craft isn't too hard at all to imagine.

There is such a deep underground secretive operation going on behind the scenes that if we got a glimpse of it, we'd freak out.

I don't know what the Phoenix Lights was all about. But I do know that entire year was very 'cosmic' (for lack of a better word).

Hale Bopp
Roswell 50th anniversary
Washington DC 25th anniversary
Applegate mass suicide etc.

1997 was a pivotal year so whether the Phoenix craft was alien or not is hard to tell. I feel it was from Visitors but that's not because I don't think we don't have the technology rather, it was just the timing of the sighting.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
The people that don't believe are not probably going to believe until they see for themselves (if they want to live in their belief this subject isn't real so be it) they will wake if and when it is their time.

Everything is just about out here on the computer and it's right on with some tweaks...as they say the best place to hide something is right out in the open.

The governments has managed to mix truths and lies together to keep people confused when dealing with this subject.... what is talked about here if right on.

Aliens and their ships are here all over our skies you won't see them unless they slow to a speed your eyes can handle they move way to fast it is as simple as that.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
The problem is that people choose not to believe ANY evidence because of SOME hoaxes.

No, the problem is, none of that evidence equates to proof of anything. That's why they don't believe. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence (if not proof!).

Think about what you are saying though.

To quote your good self "none of that evidence equates to proof". Does this not mean you are discounting or ignoring evidence?

That is your interpretation of the available evidence. How about the way that a jury interprets evidence.

Using the western legal system, evidence beyond reasonable doubt convicts a criminal, in a civil case it is the weight of evidence that determines the outcome of a case, where outcomes are determined by a jury using reasonable causation of available evidence.

To discount evidence ANY evidence out of hand is not using reason. It is using predetermined bias.

"Extroardinary claims require extraordinary proof?

Any claim just requires proof. The term "extraordinary" is a value judgement and merely a means of qualifying a pre-emptive judgement before evidence is presented. It is not using objective judgement.

Such a fascinating debate!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by One Moment

When Reagan started the Star Wars project do you think he new something we didnt? Just a hypothetical of course.

Absolutely. But we have to remember. There are huge Think-Tanks working behind the scene. Writers, if you will.

They (Think Tanks) put the idea out there, for us to gnaw on....Sheeple cud if you will! But so many Sheeple regurgitate it because it wasn't fed to them on an official spoon!

To the other poster:

CNN disclosed it? Really? Via TV?
Tell-a-vision. These 'actors' (Larry King) are hired to confuse, divide and help control us.

People need leaders (politically, religiously, lawfully and educationally) to tell them what to do, when to do it, why to do it, where to do it and how to do it.
It's programmed in our DNA and enforced in society. And the 'leaders' have a pecking order and Larry King ain't at the top.
It's only official when the top rooster (cock?) says so. Right now, it's Obama.

Baaaaaah

We are still considered the black sheep (9-11 Truthers, Birthers and UFO Believers) in society but.....our 'flock' is growing exponentially!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Oh they are out there. I have seen 2 in the last 2 and a half years. Here's the story to my first sighting:

At 16:10 on Monday the 7th of April 2008 I left Paris Charles De Gaul airport bound for Tunis. My flight number was AF 2384. (Air France) The aircraft was an Airbus A319 and was travelling at an approximate altitude of 35,000 Feet. Between 17:00 hours and 17:30 hours I was looking out of the window on the left side. I noticed in the distance above the cloud cover and slightly higher than the flight a large oblong shape in the distance. It had a greyish coppery colour. I watched the object for some time thinking to my self 'Could this be my first UFO sighting?' The object was sitting still in the sky. It looked solid. Not clouds or anything explainable. As I was watching it I noticed to the right at the cloud level a small dark shape that looked like a fighter jet travelling in the opposite direction from my flight. It was small but I could just about make out the shape of the tail and nose. Behind the jet was it's slipstream, dark in colour. I watched the jet fly up over the cloud cover heading towards the object I was watching. The jet then turned right and up getting closer to the object. Then I saw the jet do a zig zag motion towards the object. I could tell the zig zag motion by watching it's slip stream. As it got closer I noticed the object (UFO) get small very quickly then it disappeared as if it was moving away from my flight and the jet.

About 15 minutes later I saw the fighter jet fly in the direction as the plane I was on and descend back down through the clouds. Obviously going back to base.

I don't know what country we were flying over at the time but I think it was southern France

I am sure this was a UFO. I can't explain what else it would be. And I don't think a fighter jet would be chasing nothing. If there were any other passengers onboard who saw this too I don't know.
A bit unfortunate I didn't have my camera with me!!

Second Sighting:

My latest sighting was when I was in a plane again as I was taking off from the westerly runway at Gatwick Airport/London. I saw an object in between the cloud layers that was very hard to see as it was so far away. I thought at first it was another plane. Then I watched as it stopped, moved quickly backwards, the forwards, then backwards then forward and up. This took only 5 to 6 seconds. I had my camera in my pocket but by the time I realised what it might be it was gone.

I fly monthly overseas for my job and everytime I fly I take my camera with me. Wish I had it on my first sighting. At least I could see that object clearly and the fact I saw it get chased by a fighter it would have made it even more credible.

Yes. UFO's DO EXIST!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
'Disclosure' is just a marketing tool for the opportunists, in my opinion. I hope no one is holding their breath waiting for our federal government to admit to anything.

You have either seen an unidentified object in the air, or you haven't. Belief in them, like a belief in Santa Claus, is not necessary. If you have seen something, you know what it looked like, you can describe it. What you and others do with your description is the story.

I have seen something truly unusual and bizarre in the daytime, the sighting lasted less than a minute. But I know what I saw. No one can take that from me. It appeared to be a huge black, triangular craft, which seemed to turn silver, then disappeared. Whose technology it represented is open to debate.

If you stand outside in the dark of night, you will soon see UFOs, but most of these are spy satellites, which don't show up on that satellite website. I don't know which is scarier...the amazing quantity of spy satellites, or the possibility of advanced beings watching us like zoo animals. Either way, I don't want them seeing me.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
1. The incredible amount of credible people who have come out with the truth!
"Mission control, we have a UFO pacing our position, request instructions."
Astronaut Cady Coleman
NASA Transmission - Shuttle Mission STS-73

Was that the official transmission? No! If yes, prove it!

"All Apollo and Gemini flights were followed, both at a distance and sometimes also quite closely, by space vehicles of extraterrestrial origin - flying saucers, or UFOs, if you want to call them by that name.

Every time it occurred, the astronauts informed Mission Control, who then ordered absolute silence."

Maurice Chatelain
Former Chief of NASA Communications Systems

This has been debunked. Maurice Chatelain is a writer and proponent of the Ancient Astronaut theory that the gods of our ancestors were extraterrestrials who had visited the earth! Although he is usually identified as a "former NASA Chief of Communications," especially by UFOlogists, he was merely a low-level engineer who worked for a NASA sub-contractor.

"At no time, when the astronauts were in space were they alone: there was a constant surveillance by UFOs."

NASA Astronaut Scott Carpenter
Carpenter photographed a UFO while in orbit on May 24, 1962.

NASA still has not released the photograph.

Obviously! How can they release a non-existant photograph??

"Let there be no doubt. Alien technology harvested from the infamous saucer crash in Roswell, N.Mex., in July 1947 led directly to the development of the integrated circuit chip, laser and fibre optic technologies, particle beams, electromagnetic propulsion systems, depleted uranium projectiles, stealth capabilities, and many others.

Uh oh! here we go again! "Let there be no doubt" he says!!! Geeez! I'm an alien too. Let there be no doubt about that! And what's so alien-ish about integrated circuit chips, laser and fiber optic technologies, depleted uranium projectiles, stealth capabilities, etc? It's pure human ingenuity and research. Why bring in the aliens here?

If you have the time and take some effort to read the scientific papers available in the LANL archives, you'd know that all that's mentioned above is right there. There are more esoteric theories included in these scientific papers, much of which has been operationalized. In other words, all that stuff mentioned above is no big deal. Was Velcro an alien invention too?

"Of course UFOs are real, and they are interplanetary. The cumulative evidence for the existence of UFOs is quite overwhelming and I accept the fact of their existence."

Air Chief Marshall Lord Hugh Dowding
Commanding Officer of the Royal Air Force during WWII.

Of course UFO's could be interplanetary! They could also be craft belonging to secret black projects. But there's NO absolute proof thus far that aliens are buzzing around on Earth or in near space.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by OrionHunterX]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by FOXMULDER147

Originally posted by St-Patrick
We have been chosen to live on planet earth. Look what we are doing to our mother earth. War, environmental disasters, murders, et cetera. Is it representative of an intelligent civilization?

Who can say? We have no other "intelligent civilization" to compare ourselves with.

Then you haven't seen the 'Planet of the Apes'!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I believed in them before this post. This thread really offers no new evidence for the argument.

My belief is based mainly on the numbers. To think that the Universe has existed as long as it has and mankind is as young as it is ... it's arrogant to assume there are no other species visiting our planet, especially given it's make-up.

I think life (only a fraction of which is probably intelligent) is abundant in our Universe.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Of course UFO's could be interplanetary! They could also be craft belonging to secret black projects. But there's NO absolute proof thus far that aliens are buzzing around on Earth or in near space.

That being said. There is no proof that they are not buzzing round Earth's atmosphere and space. In fact I'll go so far as to say, the amount of video's I've seen, books I've read and the 2 UFO's I have seen makes me believe they exist! There's more proof to their existence than there is to their non-existence!!!

[edit on 8/6/2010 by stevcolx]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

"The US Government hasn't maintained secrecy regarding UFOs - it's been leaking out all over the place.

But the way it's been handled is by denial, by denying the truth of the documents that have leaked. By attempting to show them as fraudulent, as bogus of some sort. There has been a very large disinformation and misinformation effort around this whole area. And one must wonder, how better to hide something out in the open than just to say, 'It isn't there. You're deceiving yourself if you think this is true.' And yet, there it is right in front of you.
So it's a disinformation effort that's concerning here, not the fact that they have kept the secret.
They haven't kept it. It's been getting out into the public for fifty years or more."
Dr Edgar Mitchell
NASA Astronaut, Apollo 14

This seems so true reading your comment.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Excellent Thread OP......... S and F

I would like to share some experience it might have been an UFO its a very big might I was in third grade 1992-1993.I saw lights in the sky seven of them
in a V shape no sound as well the place was xxx near xxxx, back then I was a kid and I did know about planes......

I saw these lights and told my dad about it he said it could be air force drill.....
and i saw it next three days and still couldnt convince my dad and he saw it too but he had no answer except it being a air force drill after 14 yrs I came to know about UFO now If I think about it, well it makes sense but I could be wrong as well U ll have to take my word for it................

Any coments guys,
xxx sorry Unwilling to disclose my location.........

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
Think of this: Just 20 years from now, more than 65% of all jobs will be based on technology that doesn't even exist yet. Yes, it exists on paper, it exists in R&D facilities tucked away in the hills, but it hasn't been allowed to escape into the public domain... If you saw some of this technology today, you would think it was alien-inspired, but that's not the case.

— Doc Velocity

i'm not doubting you, but can you back your claims up please?

thanks

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

Thank you, OrionHunterX. When I read the OP, my first reaction was: "How lazy can a 'researcher' get?" He cut and pasted a string of quotations from a blog, not one of which was properly sourced! Here, let me give it a go:

"I owe everything to my skill, courage and the help of my extraterrestrial friends."

N. Bonaparte, former Emperor of France

"I have never missed a day of work in my life, because I commute by flying saucer."

Donald Draper, Senior Partner at a famous advertising agency.

"I regret that I have but one life to give for our Space Brethren."

Nathaniel Hale, Illuminati Martyr.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by FearNoEvil

i think the reason is....cuz of the net, everyone is indoors...their lives know revolve around this..

granted its not a bad thing but all the time? take into account, some people play online strategy games like WOW, then theres their blogs (like we care) anyway my point being less and less people are stargazing but the pc is everything.

go to youtube and search for ufo compilation....theres some amazing stuff there.. im in a remote part of turkey now, and one night i plan on putting on some mosquito killer and sleeping on the roof cuz its nothing but clear skies..just to look!

man the net is deadly for some, for some its a pool of filth, (i think the majority who think they are unlike everyone else and their b/s counts) or... personally, alli do is read news, play some poker, get some movies..thats about all.

cheerz everyone...ufos are definitely out there, not manmade...its obvious from some of the compliation vids you find..

btw have you seen one?

take care guys....in closing i just wanna say wed have to be thinking pretty selfishly to think we're 'alone' when we still havent found any end to the vast gigantic universe..

d.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Thanks for this, these quotes alone are enough to make sceptics doubt there stoic belief in the world not being visited by aliens.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i have seen my share of wierd things to make me a believer, but some people no matter how much information is out there about the evidence of life from other planets, that fact is so unbelievable that they choose not to see it. i like to think that the government gives us just enough information to know the truth but not enough where it would damage social order. that way it kind of keeps everything in balance. i think the religious dilemma is what holds full disclosure from taking place, alot of people are just not ready to have their beliefs rocked.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Thanks for the great post. I wrote something similiar last week that pretty much said, "The truth is the truth."

William Blake said, "When I tell any truth, it is not for the sake of convincing those who do not know it, but for the sake of defending those that do."

I think that sums up your post pretty well!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join