It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in UFO's now?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Strype

Sure, but as long as everybody respects other people's opinion, only positive will emerge from the debate.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

A huge triangle craft silently floated over Phoenix, Arizona in 1997 I admit, I cannot explain this (only theorize) but that does not mean "aliens dun it", just like the superstitious ancients, they put things they did not explain down to "god dun it". The same can be applied to this, just because we do not understand it, does not mean the supernatural, God, or aliens did it. It just means we cannot explain it yet. It may have been a top secret (yet poorly kept) military aircraft.

Lets take this as an example..

What is the biggest aircraft capable of flight at the moment ? The Antanov AN-225 (biggest transporter). Although the Spruce Goose holds the biggest wingspan record of 319 ft 11 in (97.5 m).

The point being:- How can something so big (if one object) fly over Phoenix silently and disappear..

IF it's man made where does it land and take off undetected? There have been a few examples of supersized craft in UFO circles (Motherships if you will). Where are they manufactured etc...

That's what puzzles me about the argument of whether they are OURS or not..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
Many believe and many don't. Many of those who don't, will not, until there is physical proof. They argue that with the tens of thousands of "cases," not a single shred of physical proof has shown up. (You must admit, it's a good argument

It is a good argument, the problem with it is that there is a multitude of physical evidence in existence - photographs, radar tapes and physical trace evidence - much from the credible witnesses in question. Most of them from military sources.

The problem is that people choose not to believe ANY evidence because of SOME hoaxes.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
The problem is that people choose not to believe ANY evidence because of SOME hoaxes.

No, the problem is, none of that evidence equates to proof of anything. That's why they don't believe. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence (if not proof!). When people keep bringing the same evidence to the table, over and over again, why do they expect anything more than our typical Skeptic vs Believer mud-flinging matches? It didn't change their minds then, why now? This coming from a believer, mind you. Not that my side of the fence is relevant. I'm just pointing out that old "evidence" isn't going to do much to a skeptical mind state, unfortunately.

Cheers,
Strype

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Strype]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

source for information above:www.squidoo.com...

Sorry for lengthy post!

Also look at:
www.disclosureproject.org...

And one more thing to look at: this is optional since it is soooo long and i'v already maybe drug this post out to be too long! video.google.com...#

looking foreward to comments!

XxRagingxPandaxX

[edit on 7-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

I just watched the video from your link and it's absolutely amazing. A lot of the things they cover/show, i've seen already, but still a heap of information i hadn't even heard about before.

America is absolutely the most corrupt country in the world, no doubt about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
In my opinion most of the UFO pics are fake. I'm a photographer myself and have been taking pictures in all kinds of lighting conditions. Also been taking pictures of landing planes on dark nights.

With a SLR camera and a fairly good light sensitive lens(f=1.8), it's quite hard to take a picture of a landing plane.

Yet, lot of the pictures nowdays have been taken with a cellphone camera. I have tried those too and the amount of light absorbed by the cell isn't much.

And trying to capture something moving in dark is allmost impossible, but still these UFO pics are clear as a spot.

I'm not saying they don't excist, I am a believer, just stating that there sure a lots of fake photos circling around.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I had a little bet with myself to see how many posts in certain members would pop up and chime in. I was not disappointed. Its always the same with threads like these, you give irrefutable evidence on a plate in a well orchestrated manner and its like bees to honey. Undeniable. Star and Flag.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
They're real .

I have personally met aliens through my spooky friends .
They were very much like us .( in appearance )

I have also witnessed their ship .

5 kms. across . a saucer . flies almost silently .

... and no , I don't do drugs .... or drink

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Star and flag from me, I think the reason most people don't see UFOs is because most of the time they stick their heads in the sand.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by DAMOo

In front of cold hard facts? So what facts are they?

Accepting that a picture of a supposed UFO is proof of aliens is credulous. It is just like accepting a miracle as a work of God. There is no proof that said picture is a UFO (in a extra-terrestrial sense), it is after all, an unidentified flying object.

From where do you go to unidentified flying object to "its aliens"?

There are plenty of credible people who are religious as well, look at the US presidents almost all of them were religious. Even Isaac Newton was Christian (albeit unorthodox). I have even met some devoutly religious physics grads.

I'm not saying they are lying, i'm saying it's credulous to believe all these people, without actually providing any proof for their claims.

I would like to think aliens are visiting us, but i'm not going to accept it as fact when there just isn't any proof to support the claim.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Jerry_Teps]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Disclosure isn't necessary because if you put research into ufology you'll find the information is out there it's just your decision to look it up!. My personal opinion, we Have been visited...

"My personal opinion"... This is the reason I don't believe.
Everything I read regarding UFO's seems to be someone else's opinion. I don't see hard facts & too much of what is out there can easily be debunked.
Unfortunately, I'm guessing I probably won't ever believe until either a) I see a "UFO" with my own eyes, or b) one lands on the White House lawn.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

I'm amazed more people here at ATS haven't seen a UFO with their own eyes. At least, that's the impression I get.

Once you've seen with your own eyes, you don't need testimony from others. However, I'm not sure man is not behind it. If man is behind UFOs then we've had the technology since before 1984.

If man is behind it then we've had the technology since before 1967. I was 11 at that time and saw one fairly close-up. Watched it hover for about 5 minutes right in front of me and 8 others, four of which were adults, two 17-year olds, myself and 2 younger cousins. Classic saucer shape, metalic, glowing all white, no sound at all. It was going left to right about 1000 feet over the ocean. It stopped directly in front of us and sat there as we watched, speechless.

As you said, after that I don't need testimony from others.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaosinorder
See the thing between ufo and governments are simple. Its like a saying goes in my country.
"We can wake up a person who is sleeping, but we cant wake up a person who is acting like sleeping"
It makes me wonder if these extra terrestrials aren't for the common good! Maybe there for the power elite and by cooperating with our government the government just stands by and lets them conduct experiments on humans, of course this is just hypothetical and just a theory.

English is not my first language.

Well assuming the aliens are capable of incredible technology since they already are capable of interstellar travel, adding that they must be thousands of years ahead in technology i think there is less probability them being violent. Besides they dont need our government's permission for taking humans and doing experiments. Its only natural for one species to do research on another.
Also note that our fighter jets have tried to chase and fire at them on many occasions. As long as i read they just evaded the attacks but didnt attack back because we tried to fire and bring them down. Dont you think this itself is astonishing? Comapare the US war on Iraq and so on. Most of them were simply preemptive or the reactions were much violent than what it deserved. Considering this i would trust aliens rather than our leaders. I also think that there must be some bad aliens there, i mean some race which must be bad.
But honestly we have nothing to lose. The world pointing nukes at each other, millions of crimes being committed in the name of war on terrorism, Zionism, poverty, seeing the kids and people die of poverty and realising i have no power to do anything to help them or save from the greedy groups in Africa. Its as worse as it gets. Its going more and more worse each passing day. So we can take a chance in alien issue. Nothing to lose.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

I tend to agree with you. Disclosure isn't necessary (for I don't need it) however, I think the majority of people, do require it!

You see, everything that's been said, shown or offered up as proof gets flipped inside out. Always.

Statements that are made (by high ranking officials) get spliced, diced and turned into hypothetical assumptions and misconstrued messages (like Reagans speech)

And things that are shown as proof, whether documents (signed by presidents) photos, trace evidence or more recently, videos, all too often get accused of being forged, staged and/or CGIs.

So, there's non winning.

Everything presented so far has not been good enough for we have been programmed into forgetting (our past) and conditioned into not believing what's not taught to us.

And so.....if a puppet-president comes out and declares alien presence THEN, his flock of Sheeple will "baaah" and believe.

But you see, declaration has to come from our own herder (leader) because those other countries who have openly embraced the idea are deemed; Nazi-terrorist-enemies of ours.

So until we get a universal acceptance going on, I'm afraid, collectively, as a Planet, we won't graduate into a higher consciousness. Now whether we can achieve that individually, we shall see!

But in the meantime, open your minds and the truth will seep in!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by One Moment]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mecheng

I'm sure they would respect the signs that say "keep off the grass"

kidding but ya, as I have stated before I believe we have been visited, but I respect your opinion and healthy skeptisism!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

Edit to add: I think if they landed they'd get a mouthful of bullets and bombs. And unless they come with incredible force I don't think they'd want to land! Also how do you know there not just doing surveillance!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Zules

I agree. I ponder things in life and have a huge curiosity about things. I look at the skies a lot and I have seen them on 4 occasions (kinda weird to me that 3 have been in the last 3 years). People I know that I've talked to about this topic haven't ever seen anything. They are the kind of people who care most about who's doing whom and what the newest reality TV show is. So, yes, I totally agree with your 'head in the sand' remark.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

ya, I can see that I think the government has put money into propaganda to encourage "ridiculing" flying saucer's and UFO's. I also think there will be mass panic if the governments came out and disclosed this! But at the same time like I said before If you do your research disclosure isn't necessary!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by chaosinorder

Well said.

The countries with star-war weaponry acts like it's a UFO skeet-shoot!

The more modern, the more barbaric.
And the more barbaric (Shamans, Gurus etc) the more modern!

Dogma is so backwards.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
You are abit late sir- Ufo Disclosure has been covered by CNN on national tv
UFOs exists, and the main governments of the world admit that they have been working with a special race for over 50 years
UFO is not about belief anymore,they simply exists even if u want it or not;

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by One Moment

When Reagan started the Star Wars project do you think he new something we didnt? Just a hypothetical of course.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join