It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in UFO's now?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I feel the exact same way man, great post ive kept it for ammo in future debates and have sent to my mates who love this stuff to thanx for the chat...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by deenuu

No problem it was fun! I'm gonna go to bed now, i'll comment more tomorrow morning! i'm gonna add you as a friend.

Good night!

your friend,
XxRagingxPandaxX

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Hey no worry.
It's not you I'm frustrated with.

What I'm sick and tired of is the whole mysticism created by the entire world around the subject: From those who think hey can hide the evidence to those who want the world to stay backward. For how long is it still going to be: Are they real? Is the government covering them up? Are we ready?I mean come on! Since when does reality wait for anybody to believe?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exv8densez

Hey no worry.
It's not you I'm frustrated with.

What I'm sick and tired of is the whole mysticism created by the entire world around the subject: From those who think hey can hide the evidence to those who want the world to stay backward. For how long is it still going to be: Are they real? Is the government covering them up? Are we ready?I mean come on! Since when does reality wait for anybody to believe?

From what I heard from a little bird. 2012 will be the beginning of disclosure. 'They" will start disclosure off slowly and continue as fast a rate as humans can handle.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Very nice post! S+F.

I've seen the most of it but the quotes and i think this page you linked...
www.squidoo.com... sum it all up quiet nice.
Good find.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:05 AM
link   
1. The incredible amount of credible people who have come out with the truth!

There's also 3 billion Christians and 2 billion Muslims, that doesn't mean they are right.

Plenty of religious apologists also claim they have witness angels and demons, that doesn't mean actually they did. Just because someone claims something, does not mean it is true.

The truth exists independently to whether you believe it or not.

The Size of our Planet Compared to our Neighbors.

This would suggest the sheer difficulty of traveling to our planet, let alone locating it.

A huge triangle craft silently floated over Phoenix, Arizonia in 1997

I admit, I cannot explain this (only theorize) but that does not mean "aliens dun it", just like the superstitious ancients, they put things they did not explain down to "god dun it". The same can be applied to this, just because we do not understand it, does not mean the supernatural, God, or aliens did it. It just means we cannot explain it yet. It may have been a top secret (yet poorly kept) military aircraft.

List of Respected People Who Affirm The Existence Of UFOs

Lets list the people who affirm the existence of a higher being? Opps, ran out of space...

This is not proof of aliens. This is proof of the credulity of people.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Jerry_Teps]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by FearNoEvil

I'm amazed more people here at ATS haven't seen a UFO with their own eyes. At least, that's the impression I get.

Do not be so sure about that, there are a few of us around?

We dont share it much and without photo or video evidence your just a lamb chucked into a pit full of narrow minded box opinionated skeptical wolves.

Forgot to add

Great post OP S&F

Regards BDU

[edit on 8/6/10 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jerry_Teps

The Size of our Planet Compared to our Neighbors.

This would suggest the sheer difficulty of traveling to our planet, let alone locating it.

That is only thinking in terms of current scientific knowledge and technology.

If you go back 300 years the idea of travelling from London to Sydney by air in 24 hours is comparable to your suggestion. Back then it took from 4-6 months by sea.

I don't know why this is bold and italic?????

[edit on 8/6/1010 by Krusty the Klown]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Jerry_Teps

Hmmmm good point highlighting the similarities between religious crazies and UFO crazies and yeah there are allot on both sides, do you really think we are the only intelligent beings in the universe? Have you seen the Hubble ultra deep field? and that’s only one point in a universe that may as well be infinite to us. The sheer size and the fact that we are, is enough for me to know we are not alone.

I think once you accept we aren’t alone in the universe even though there is no proof it becomes rational to hypothesize we have been found by another race given the sheer weight of evidence. For religions usually there is only one form of evidence the bible or Koran for most. people who say they can speak to god or seen an angel are in the same pool as UFO hoaxers and abduction nuts, but to discount all the written, recorded, filmed, photo, testimony from credible people have everything to loose is just crazy itself.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
i have seen ufo's my self several times, ET ? I dont know, but I dont need some one to show it to me, Ive seen them and I have seen something that can only be a sort of a laser weapon being fired up in space..

Very long streak of light traving the entire visible sky in undet a second, a white/blue line..Swooooosh !!! Twice I ve seen that, one at night, and one in daytime..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

Imagine what a cave man would have thought of an I phone or watching Avatar in 3D, his brain would properly break.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by deenuu

I don't deny that life exists elsewhere in the universe, I just don't think they're visiting us and abducting rednecks.

I am using religion because it's an excellent analogy. For example, what you are doing is very much like various religious faiths, "I am are right, but they're wrong". There are many credible people who have claimed divine visions, or contact, and until these people (religious, UFO disclosure or otherwise) present proof, other than "It exists!", then I will start believing.

The UFO documents are not proof of actual UFOs, I could apply the same to the Qur'an, the Bible or the Tanakh. None of these documents (religious or UFO reports) can be verified. Until a peer reviewed reported, evaluated by carious academics (or aliens landing in Washington), I will retain my skepticism of their claims.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Jerry_Teps]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
I don't know if his mind would break.

But he might think you are a god!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

One possible difference in your analogy between believers in gods and ET's is that no-one who sees or hears gods, angels or demons puts forth any physical evidence of gods.

There are a lot of photos, radar tracks, trace evidence etc of possible ET piloted craft that remain.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Krusty the Klown

It's not about if what the document depicts is true or not, it's the credulity of those who read it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Yes you got that almost right, it's a matter of credulity. That's why the quotes posted by the OP are interesting. Most of those guys are scientists, politicians, astronauts, member of the army... Those persons have been given responsibilities, powers and proved through their work or their life that they are grounded and trustworthy.
Plus I got to say that we are not talking here about faith, beliefs or notions, we are talking about material proves, nasa footage of flying object changing direction, unexplained pictures and concrete elements... The testimony of the religious people is less believable as it's based on their faith, when the OP brought us quotes from a lot of people that had no predisposition to believe/claim, but that made up their mind inevitably if I could say, in front of facts and experiences.

Nevertheless I have got to admit that your comparison with the religion witnesses is really interesting and relevant, I think I'd need some time to think about that.

Thank you for the debate.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Ive said it before ill say it again, the worst kind of witness is an eye witness. it doesnt matter how credible you are if its you or even you and a friend it is not a fact or a theory

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
From the sidelines, here's how I see it. Many believe and many don't. Many of those who don't, will not, until there is physical proof. They argue that with the tens of thousands of "cases," not a single shred of physical proof has shown up. (You must admit, it's a good argument!) And until then, you can quote as many people as you want. It'll get you absolutely nowhere.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

But that statement only works when you ignore physical evidence, I'm not talking about a written statement as a form of documentation.

I'm talking about photographic, electromagnetic and physical evidence. This is present in the UFO phenomenon, not with gods and angels.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I seen UFO's 9 diferent times since 1967! im an honest man an woulden lie to you, but i guess youll just have to take my word for it

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join