It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in UFO's now?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Wow, Great post. I knew there as a lot of credibles out there but this is wiki....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
OP you are right.

There are intelligent civilizations up there in the vastness of space, they have visited us and everyone should face it. If you don't believe it, or do not want to believe it is because your are a selfish person or just narrow minded or mentally challenged.

I think our civilization down here is one of the less intelligent species of the universe. We are animals that fight against each others in the name of religion ideology, race, territories, jealousy, power, money, et cetera.

We are using the little intelligence we have in a destructive way.

We have been chosen to live on planet earth. Look what we are doing to our mother earth. War, environmental disasters, murders, et cetera. Is it representative of an intelligent civilization?

Would you treat your own mother like that? One day mother earth will have her revenge against us. My mother said to me once: "Son, I gave you life but I can take it back" (of course she was joking)

We are loosing it real bad down here.

Peace

Dusted - Always Remember To Respect And Honour Your Mother

[edit on 7-6-2010 by St-Patrick]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by St-Patrick
We have been chosen to live on planet earth. Look what we are doing to our mother earth. War, environmental disasters, murders, et cetera. Is it representative of an intelligent civilization?

Who can say? We have no other "intelligent civilization" to compare ourselves with.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Fair enough, it's because I like to read threads that gets my attention, even if I not agree with them, and your's brought my attention by your title.

And they are indeed interesting quotes, but not enough to make me believe.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

Ya, we are killing the thing we live on and depend upon, were sinking our own ship, and many of us don't even really realize it! They probably look down on us and feel sorry for us.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by St-Patrick

There are intelligent civilizations up there in the vastness of space, they have visited us and everyone should face it. If you don't believe it, or do not want to believe it is because your are a selfish person or just narrow minded or mentally challenged.

Sad, just sad. It is this kind of religious like, faith based belief system that makes us all out to be total fools. I would comment on your "mentally challenged" and "narrow minded" idea, but something tells me it would just part your hair as it passed by your total inability to use reason, logic and common sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by One Step Beyond...

Fair enough, it's because I like to read threads that gets my attention, even if I not agree with them, and your's brought my attention by your title.

And they are indeed interesting quotes, but not enough to make me believe.
Ha ha, thats okay, I still respect your opinion
I hope you enjoyed my post either way!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Remember if you liked my post don't forget to flag it!

lets try and get this to the home page so new people can join in on our discussions and we can spread the word to more people and get more people involved,

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Thank you for the reply, I would say that the narrow minded hat suits you well !

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

So What is your guys take on the Drake equation? www.setileague.org...

Edit: One could this help you defend you post St. Patrick? And two do you think this equation holds water?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Hey XxRagingxPandaxX. Where and when did these people say these things, and to whom, and under what circumstances? Can the quotes be validated? Are any of the quotes contested or taken out of context? Can the quoted's credentials be validated?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Tearman

Hey whats up dude, i'v posted links to these quotes see for yourself also a little more research by both me and you wouldn't hurt anything. questions are of course always welcome

Edit: also take the time to watch the video I posted, it is a very influential video and it could sway you more than the quotes

[edit on 7-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by kyle43

Ya mysterious isn't it? Makes you wonder how many organizations there really are and how much they really know!

I'm of the belief that guys like Stephen Bassett and Richard Dolan have inside sources telling them quite a bit, however they cannot reveal their whistleblowers.

Oh, one more thing, if the Military Industrial Complex is "sucking" up billions of $', which it definately is on black projects, it would be very interesting if the funds started to run out.

Then dear friends, the people who know everything would start to have a re-think and if they were not getting paid, WHAMMO, they'd be coming out of the woodwork BIG TIME.

Money feeds this monster, no money, no cover up.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
I wouldn't rely too heavily on the remarks of Philip J. Corso as "proof" of anything.

Corso claimed that junk scavenged at Roswell was "back engineered" to produce things about which we had never previously dreamed, such as integrated circuits and modern computers.

That's a lot of hogwash from a guy who was ignorant about the history of electronics.

The transistor is the "fundamental building block" of all modern electronics, and the transistor existed at least 22 years before Roswell.

Integrated circuitry and computer processors represent merely a logical progression of technology following the invention of the transistor — which existed on paper and in labs long before the Roswell incident. Texas Instruments unveiled the very first commercial transistor in 1954, based on patented research dating back to 1925.

Even before that, in the late 19th and very early 20th centuries, the genius Nikola Tesla had already patented the technology for producing solid state logic gateways — several thousand of which you'll currently find in any modern computer.

Additionally, Tesla invented/patented radio, radio-control, and radio-jamming technology in the 19th Century before Marconi ever transmitted his feeble signal across the Atlantic (using Tesla's equipment). Beyond that, Tesla experimented with high-power X-rays before anyone else, invented fluorescent lighting decades before the technology was "rediscovered," and also experimented with technology that can only be described as particle beams, which he predicted would render all other forms of weaponry useless.

Point being, the mind of Man is more than capable of producing all the "miracles of modern technology" that we see today — we don't need genies in lamps or UFO crash landings to give us a helping hand.

In fact, the mind of Man has produced technologies that we're not allowed to see, as yet, as they would endanger many industries and wreck global economy if they were unveiled to an unprepared world. I speak of Free Energy technology (another Tesla brainchild), "anti-gravity" technology, and instant communications tech that would send our modern communications industry into a tailspin if it was released too soon.

Think of this: Just 20 years from now, more than 65% of all jobs will be based on technology that doesn't even exist yet. Yes, it exists on paper, it exists in R&D facilities tucked away in the hills, but it hasn't been allowed to escape into the public domain... If you saw some of this technology today, you would think it was alien-inspired, but that's not the case.

We humans are quite capable of amazing ourselves without any help from little green men.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by downunderET

If this is true, then would their funding be coming from our tax dollars?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Remember if you liked my post don't forget to flag it!

What is this, a popularity contest? If your thread has merit, you don't need to beg folks to flag it, it will happen based on the content and traffic...not through begging, lol.

As far as the Drake Equation goes, there are threads aplenty about that, and if you desire, you should start a new thread about it. But that equation is based on whatever numbers your desire/belief system compels you to enter......so it it adds up to a big nothing in my book.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

hmmmm good post and I agree human ingenuity is amazing, but I also think we have been visited, and whether reverse engineering is true or not i'm not really sure, but it certainly could be!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Back in the mid 1960's I remember people began talking about UFO's a lot, and part of that was because there were quite a few TV documentaries and also a movie docu' that tons of people went to see maybe about 1970...
These films all had some common themes, one of which was the suspected government and air force coverup occurring..

I made it a goal to prove to some of my relatives that the Air force and military DID actually cover up sightings, and one weekend I called the Air force, (back then you could actually call them and they would accept a UFO report)...
I made up a big sob story about seeing one and they kept connecting me to higher up ranked people till finally one guy who was very authoritative and identified himself as a major made up a very good story to explain my made up story trying to pass it off as a weather anomaly and he said they already had heard about it in my local area..

I then laughed at him (being only about 13 years old at the time) and told him I had made it all up in order to prove to my cousins that they would try to cover it up... my cousins were snickering on the other phone extension in the house at that point, then the officer on the phone became furious and said they could arrest my dad and I told them if they come to where I lived and did anything that I would shoot them and then laughed and said " so long sucker" and hung up...
Back then they never had any phone tracing methods ready to use on every phone line and they never showed up ever...so I didn't worry about it..
But remembering it now I know what an idiot kid I was at the time...
What I did proved beyond any doubt that things were not what they seemed.. At the time most people believed in the earth was being visited, and now almost everyone believes it..
Back then no one had any documents like right now that shows evidence like the official nasa transcripts and recorded evidence like you mention here in your post...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

nope not a popularity contest, just want to get people involved in our conversations

also, ya I kinda agree on the whole Drake equation thing, but it is still interesting!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by alienreality

Thats some pretty scary stuff!

you should totally make a post on that in the gray area forum! How long do you think they've been visiting Earth?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join