It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe in UFO's now?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

I was wondering why Steven Greer was gearing up with the disclosure project in the first place, because if you dig a little bit deep into the subject, you will find out that there is no way all those UFO informations could be false.

But I guess his goal may be national, world wide, public awakening which the US government is reluctant to do.

To me, this subject has become a non subject long time ago. Waste of time.

Do not try to convince the non believers. It is the waste of your and their time.

Try to think further ahead... Further into the future...

You may learn something more interesting from the lectures of Alex Collier for an example.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by wmd_2008

Sometimes and quite often actually they are close enough to see, although you couldn't confirm it to be an alien, you could confirm it as a highly advanced craft, that is possibly an alien!

[edit on 8-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

Lets see the pictures or videos then
lets see some REAL evidence funny HOW with most people on this planet now having a camera or camera phone WE still DONT see GOOD pictures.
Then when we get videos at night of some lights way off in the disatnce that are supposed to be fleets
or very large craft NOBODY in the area below those lights seems to post a video about them, strange dont you think

[edit on 8-6-2010 by wmd_2008]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

Although I do find it funny big foot is always just out of focus, I don't think UFO's are the same, there are incredible videos often taken by many people at once,not just one person,and on that same very night thousands of UFO sightings are reported that verify what that video captured, watch UFO files on history channel. Also what of the injuries that have come form UFO's?
And other irrefutably evidence of UFO's, however this evidence does not suggest their E.T.'s or their not, that is still up for debate! But as far as UFO's go, the evidence is irrefutable!

Thats why hoaxers make me mad, often times they ruin the credibility of genuine videos!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Has anyone on here read the book titled "Pentagon Aliens"? In the book it says that UFOs are man-made. Tesla invented the UFO(s). I'm convinced of that. I haven't finished the book so I can't add more to that. It also says UFOlogy is a joke. It says the CIA created the UFOlogy thing so people wont think that these are ours and that they're aliens in the UFOs.

I'd like to add a few things: A lot of people on here don't believe what the government tells them, now why should we believe them when they say that we've had "alien techonolgy" and that we've been working with them for 60+ years? Why should we believe them now? If aliens are smart enough to travel faster than the speed of light etc., then surely they must be able to know that giving their technology to TPTB is a BIG MISTAKE.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSeeKEnlightenment8o5
Has anyone on here read the book titled "Pentagon Aliens"? In the book it says that UFOs are man-made. Tesla invented the UFO(s). I'm convinced of that. I haven't finished the book so I can't add more to that. It also says UFOlogy is a joke. It says the CIA created the UFOlogy thing so people wont think that these are ours and that they're aliens in the UFOs.

I'd like to add a few things: A lot of people on here don't believe what the government tells them, now why should we believe them when they say that we've had "alien techonolgy" and that we've been working with them for 60+ years? Why should we believe them now? If aliens are smart enough to travel faster than the speed of light etc., then surely they must be able to know that giving their technology to TPTB is a BIG MISTAKE.

scientists were intelligent enough to discover how the atom works, and nuclear fusion whether these are used for bad or good is different story. Anyway, are you assuming the aliens are "good" that they would understand about the TPTB or just on a mission, if they do exist, who is to say what their agenda is, advanced technology or not.

Your theory that they are man made is a possibility, as is the possibility that they are another advanced race living on our planet, highly advanced, another possibility is that they have come from lightyears away, and theres a possibility that any one of those 3 theories could have engineered drones or such like.

Whether they exist, whether the goverment is allied or not, are still questionable topics - the truth has become diluted.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I believe in UFO's, but not in aliens visiting earth. This thread should be titled do you believe non-existant aliens are visiting now?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've never, ever been privvy to seeing an UFO. All odd flying stuff I ever saw were IFO's and mis-interpretations. Having said that, among the obvious hoaxes spread around the web ,are some interesting ones .Not aliens ,mind You, but suspiciously human-origin looking.

As the blackbird was witheld for years, so are many other secret craft. The military ,with it's sheer unlimitd (black) budget, has some aces up it's sleeves(Aurora, flying triangles).

As far as extra-terrestrial visitors..nah..sorry to say, but robotic (nano) probes are much more practical. We know that, and use robotic probes about everywhere in our planetary neighborhood. I do, however fervently support the idea of extra-terrestrial civilizations, indeed, it is typical human (and let's not forget religious) arrogance to think we are soo " unique" rubbish! the universe(or rather "multiverse) is teeming with life in more bizarre shapes and forms than we can imagine. No doubt here.

That there is NO further intelligent life in the universe is completely improbable, and is typically spawned fom the brains of certain arrogant scientists, almost religiously claiming "to know it all"(Undeniable proof of intelligent life in the universe: WE are here..mull about that one for a bit)
The more serious, thoughtful ones(Michio Kaku comes to mind) just admit they do not know, but think it highly unlikely that we are just some statistical fluke.

[edit on 6/8/2010 by diakrite]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

UFOs? Yes. Alien space craft? Not so much.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

what has brought you to this conclusion?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by diakrite

Ya theres no way we are alone in this universe, or maybe multi universe, I mean anything is possible, but is us being alone in this universe probable? To me the answer is no!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I mentioned the multiverses not just for the fun of it. An ever growing group of physicists are discovering/aknowledging that THIS universe is not all there is. There are parralel universes galore. The moment someone entered 11-dimensional "calculus"(after being stuck in the seeming incompatability, even wrong-ness of all stringtheories, brane theories etc) all different theories fell into the right place and the multiverse popped out.. I believe it was some CalTec. Brainiac that inserted the 11th dimension in the equasions..cannot remember his name (Edward Witten??)

If there are multiple universes, than there is no escaping the fact that those universes will ALSO harbour intelligent life (that's the point with "infinity"..ONE event, is bound to be repeated somewhere else. The zapping with high-voltage lightning of primordial muck, apparently, spawned the first primitive amino-acids(repeated in lab-->worked!) hence, "life" came to be AFAK. No way this was unique, especially given the bloody size of our universe. It is so friggin big, that the light from the edge will not reach us for several million-million years(and we are in some forgotten corner of our universe, closer to the edge, than the center.....)

And we, arrogant carbon-bases monkeys think we can say there is no further intelligent life in the universe but us
?? That's not scepticism, that's insanity.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   
IMO there is just too much evidence to straight out deny the fact that throughout our history man has and is on a daily basis experiencing ET's.

BUT, unfortunately the majority of people i have tried to convince by means of excellent documentary's like "ancient aliens" and "secret space" etc have just shrugged it off.

Now I dot mind this view, because, as they say, ignorance is bliss. But when people point blank say "theres no such thing, its all faked, that person must be mental" etc, without delving into the reams of evidence that is available it really infuriates me.

I believe this is down to the negative stigma associated with "the nutters that believe in aliens" which has been expertly cultivated over the years by tptb, to keep the masses sedated and their eyes blinkered.

I am relatively new to this site but I am very glad I have found it as it has given me a glimmer of confidence that the veil may soon be lifted and it will benefit us all.

Here's hoping!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by XxRagingxPandaxX
reply to post by cripmeister

what has brought you to this conclusion?

Conclusion? I'm open to the possibility that alien space craft are visiting us but so far I'm not convinced. The waters of UFOlogy are murky, very murky...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
i put aliens and ufos in the same category of religeons, the easter bunny, the tooth fairy, god, the devil, ancient greek gods, andcient roman gods, witches, elves, werewolves, bigfoot, blah blah blah.
until i see it myself, im gonna jsut sit ont his comfortable fence and wait for solid proof.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by super genius

your opinion is respected by me.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by super genius

your opinion is respected by me.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I have always believed in "UFOs." UFO stands for Unidentified Flying Object. While not all initially apparent UFO sightings meet that criteria, in my opinion it has been thoroughly documented that there have been, are, and continue to be sightings of objects which in some instances cannot be explained or identified.

Whether this constitutes evidence (let alone proof) of extraterrestrial, inter-dimensional, or inter-temporal travelers visiting our planet, dimension, or time, I do not know. I am an open-minded skeptic who accepts the possibility, but has yet to encounter any conclusive proof that that is in fact what is happening. I have seen what I believe could be interpreted as potential evidence of such visitation and contact - some of it even rather inexplicable and compelling - but no conclusive, irrefutable proof that negates all other possible explanations.

I wish I could. I would like nothing better than to learn that we are being visited. I would like to believe we have been and are being visited. I can't say that yet conclusively, however.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I respect that, but did you at least like the thread?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Well logically speaking there are only 4ish kinds of aliens.

1 Religious types who either peacefully preach or violently force it.

2 Genetic types that absorb traits of other species as they need them, bettering themselves. Good kind destroy the subjects, bad kind peacefully go along their way

3 Cultural types who either are territorial by nature and want more, or peacefully change others and go their merry way.

4 Explorer types whom simply look and go along.

Going down the way, all of them could exist. So we can assume that 1 have not had direct prolonged contact, 2 may have came and gone, 3 may be working secretly, but probably are not and gone, and 4 could still be there.

That narrows it down to likely there being either short contact where religion comes from, or prolonged contact with explorers. that's about it.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Yes, and I likewise respect your belief that we have been visited. It would be fair and accurate to describe my own feelings as, "suspecting that we may have been visited." I just don't know for certain one way or another. (Yet.) I wish I did. I'm the sort of person, I imagine like most people who proclaim themselves believers actually, who sits and stares at the stars and longs for contact from the beyond. Not a day goes by that I don't wish for it. I used to accept it as self-evident that we had been visited (in fact I even had my own inexplicable - and they remain so - experiences which I believed were "alien" in origin,) but then I began to learn of alternative explanations and had to become skeptical.

Skeptical doesn't mean to deny the reality of something. It just means to say "I don't know for certain either way" in the face of a lack of conclusive, bedrock, irrefutable proof. So I would never, ever say, "We have not been visited." In fact, I suspect we may have been. I just have to be honest with myself and be able to say, "I don't know."

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join