It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Haven't been to church in 6 months.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
So I haven't been to church in 6 months. I'm kind of getting the urge to go back. Still not sure though. I'd have to have my schedule changed so I could go in the morning and work in the afternoon through evening.

I mainly left out of boredom and the fact no one my age really goes (I'm in my 20s) Though I think religion might be a good thing to have.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Follow your heart brother.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
You can practice your religion without going to church. God is in your heart!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Find a church in your area that has a 20-somethings ministry. If they have one of those, there will be folks around your own age. And if it doesn't work for you, try some others. Not all churches are boring. We each are interested by different concepts and different means by which to convey those concepts. There will probably be a church near you that at least partially satisfies yours!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by junglejake

My Church has a HUGE Young Adult Ministry...

Has to be the single most active group of people I have ever heard of. They go on trips all the time, have night meetings and breakfast prayer meetings and even Christian Singles Nights..Even a movie night once a week where they show inspirational movies.

Our Softball team would be nothing without them...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Do what you want. I go to church to got to church not really to make firends. I think im one of 4 people in my age group and i do not hang out with any of them. Show up do your thing and then go do whatever else it is that you do. I realize every church is different and it may not be as simple as just "showing up" but you get the idea. I have even showed up at a synagogue and ended up just shooting the breeze with the rabbi.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
church is where we go to worship through music and song. It gives us peace and joy in a troubled world. Also there are times when a sermon can be life changing. So going to church will greatly benefit you. Not all churches these days are of God, so be sure to find one that is. You should notice the Holy Spirit when you enter and the members of the church should have the love of Jesus in them. There are many churches I have left because I didn't feel like it was trully of God. So I picked one that did a lot of services for the community, such as angel tree at christmas and help with the homeless and salvation army. Those usually are very good, and of the Lord.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
" boring "

Alot of people tell me that too. I myself haven't been in months but due to other factors. For me it was the opposite.

The outside world was boring, and same old everyday, and that latin mass took me to another place, and communion what it does to the soul cannot be put into words over the internet.

But op. Let's both try to get back to church. I need certain circumstances to happen like you do first, and don't think about how boring it is, think about spending time with a gathering of people all with the same thing in common and in the presence of God.

peace.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
Although that is technically true, there is a great benefit to having other to be accountable to. Not to mention it's a blessing to the soul to praise and worship with brothers and sisters in Christ.

Going to church is not a matter of salvation, but it is beneficial. I love going to church, not because I feel like I am scoring points with god, that's absurd, but because it makes me feel good to be there worshiping and praising as a body.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I agree but some people feel that they are sinning if they are not attending church.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

reply to post by NOTurTypical

I agree but some people feel that they are sinning if they are not attending church.
Who cares right? People need to worry about themselves, and honestly, if a person claims to love the Lord, then that person should look forward to going to His house to worship and praise Him with other brothers and sisters in Christ.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
Who cares right? People need to worry about themselves

Exactly, and that is one problem I've found at every church I've been to: people seem to want to mind my business for me, and frankly I don't like that.

I don't mind at all listening to the sermons and I love singing some good ol' Gospel music, but I just can't deal with some of the more prying, judgmental types, so I usually just don't go.

+1 for that. Agreed, 100%.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by TheAssociate]

new topics

join