It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There will never be a World Peace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I don't think we'll ever see peace in this World. When every single weapon, nuclear and atomic bombs are destroyed. That will be the day humanity will see peace, or just Earth by itself... Obama and other country leaders has said in the past, that their countries need to change, and have better relationships with the far East and that. They seem to think that that day will come when all the troops return from countries like Afghanistan or Iraq, and probably the majority of the people in this world thinks that.

I find this quite sad, because even if every man who is fighting for 'oil' is back home and there's no fighting going on between countries, countries will always be on the lookout for more threats and have their nuclear weapons ready for action. So the human race will remain with a autodestructive mentality, which means no peace.

I'm not basing all this on facts, I'm just finding it hard to be optimistic at the moment. Why on earth would life from other planets that are tens of lightyears away want to reveal themselves to us? With all the weapons we have ready to kill innocent lives on our own planet?

I can honestly tell you that I'm not a bright person, and I'm on the verge of failing my first year in Uni - but this is all common sense. And most of the world needs to start realizing this, there's still time to change I reckon.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   
sure we can have world peace - we just cant have human greed.
we have to share this planet - might as well do it smartly and honestly.
or perish - its our choice,
The Day The Earth Stood Still, really happend...
and we must join this galactic federation which requires us to speak with one voice - we have to work for this goal.
to survive with technology. and when I view what the elite are doing - well they too want this goal, but they want it for selfish reasons. and we can not be selfish and survive.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Of course, the OP is probably right. Look into the past, has the world ever really been at peace for any extended period. It IS sad but even if we got rid of every weapon, people would just use something different to attack and kill one another. Remember that sticks and stones can make effective weapons.

That said, of course I would like 'peace in our time'. I just don't think that it's ever going to be possible. I ET's truly exist (undecided) I would love to ask how they achieved peace it they really are so advanced as to have ended violence.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Until the rat race has ended, war will always be abound.

By that I mean the race for our nice homes and cars.

But we will always find a way to differentiate ourselves from eachother.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
It's easy. People think about themselves and their own. The average person doesn't truly empathize outside their family and close friends. It's only highly intelligent people who have compassion for all of humanity, and perhaps all of life. Until the bottom 95% are somehow or another wiped from this here rock, peace will be a pipe dream.

Personally, I find it much more likely that we'll be our own demise. I have hope only in that we'll screw up the ecosystem and environment enough, that the fittest of us all will be forced to relearn our spiritual nature and act accordingly. No gods needed. Just stick to the golden rule!

Order out of chaos, only let's create in natures order and not our egoic making.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Of course there will never be world peace. It's not a question, it's a fact. It's humanity, as long as there are humans, there will always be a struggle for power. Always. Even in some grand event like some great alien race coming to bestow peaceful technology and ideals, you'd have epic backlash and violence.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

Sorry to tell you this, but I think it is highly unlikely that us or even our great grandchildren will ever see the coming out of 'World Peace' by Human means only.

Like President Ronald Reagan said...it would take something like a threat from outside of this world such as the threat of a massive asteriod impact or an Alien Invasion. ONLY THEN will our racial and religious difference's not matter...ONLY THEN will we become 'equal'.

It would not surprise me at all if you were to see White Supremicists and Islamic Jihadist's holding hands and walking down the street singing 'We are Family'. Wouldn't that be a sight.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
There will be peace,

One far off day when the world doesn't resemble what it does today, when people realize they are not the color of their skin, or the language they choose to speak.

When the tides of the world change, and it is not ruled by evil men. A long dark road it will be to get to the light, but current systems cannot simply be changed, they must be destroyed completely.

The powder keg will continue to grow, Tyranny will run rampant as greedy men loot the treasury.

Yet once that spark is lit, revolution will roll across this globe like a tidal wave, taking with it the folly's, of generations past.

one far off day.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Until people realise that there is no need of leaders, nations, religions, race and all the rest of the stupidity that has held humanity back there will be no peace. People need to learn everyone is human and equal, all have the responsibility to make the world better along with are responsible/accountable for their actions.. compassion for ones fellow humans and world..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
90% of humans are murderers so of course there will not be peace for along time to come.

I think one day we will be 1 gender, and that will be a more humane society, but its still a long way off.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
As soon as disclosure happens there will be 1000 years of peace.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Even when a one-world govt is setup and possibly a one-world religion there will not be peace. The one-world govt/religion will be slaughtering anyone who defies it.

There will always be those rising up against those who are in power.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by cllj7

I disagree.

The reason for constant war is not the type or amount of weapons. It is those who control them.

I believe with every ounce of my being that when those individuals are removed, we will see a new era of peace and prosperity.

I believe we are on the brink of that now.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well I truly hope so. It's good to see that there are few of you optimistic

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
We may not see world peace the way we the people think world peace should be like. We may however see world peace the way TPTB see it.

It was stated at the beginning of the Report that morality was not an issue. The study did not address questions of right or wrong; nor did it deal with such concepts as
freedom or human rights. Ideology was not an issue, nor patriotism, nor religious
precepts. Its sole concern was how to perpetuate the existing government. The Report
said:
Previous studies have taken the desirability of peace, the importance of human
life, the superiority of democratic institutions, the greatest “good” for the greatest
number, the “dignity” of the individual, the desirability of maximum health and
longevity, and other such wishful premises as axiomatic values necessary for the
justification of a study of peace issues. We have not found them so. We have
attempted to apply the standards of physical science to our thinking, the principal
characteristic of which is not quantification, as is popularly believed, but that, in Whitehead's words, “…it ignores all judgments of value; for instance, all esthetic andmoral judgments.”

A NEW DEFINITION OF PEACE
The report then explains that we are approaching a point in history where the
old formulas may no longer work. Why? Because it may now be possible to create a
world government in which all nations will be disarmed and disciplined by a world
army, a condition which will be called peace. The report says: “The word peace, as we
have used it in the following pages, ... implies total and general disarmament.”3 Under
that scenario, independent nations will no longer exist and governments will not have
the capability to wage war. There could be military action by the world army against
renegade political subdivisions, but these would be called peace-keeping operations,
and soldiers would be called peace keepers."

FINDING A CREDIBLE GLOBAL THREAT
In time of war, most citizens uncomplainingly accept their low quality of life
and remain fiercely loyal to their leaders. If a suitable substitute for war is to be found,
then it must also elicit that same reaction. Therefore, a new enemy must be found that
threatens the entire world, and the prospects of being overcome by that enemy must be
just as terrifying as war itself. The Report is emphatic on that point:

"Allegiance requires a cause; a cause requires an enemy. This much is obvious;
the critical point is that the enemy that defines the cause must seem genuinely
formidable. Roughly speaking, the presumed power of the “enemy” sufficient to
warrant an individual sense of allegiance to a society must be proportionate to the size
and complexity of the society. Today, of course, that power must be one of
unprecedented magnitude and frightfulness."

This is a great section of the book the Creature from Jekyll Island. It goes hand in hand with this thread and says exactly what some have already stated on this thread and really is a great read.
www.freedom-force.org...

[edit on 6/8/2010 by concerned190]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I am telling you one thing for sure , inspite of all prophecies and predictions there won't be any war soon, you know why , because of all the recent events

If something will go down in the middle east people , in europe at least , will go on the streets and speak their minds louder and louder each time while there will be more and more of them

Nobody wants that , uncontrollable crowds , that can turn in riots

Everyone will try their best to avoid any misunderstandings ,influences or pressures that may occur

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The root cause of all conflict lies in the "ego"--the false identity that underlies all notions of me, mine, us, and them. In Sanskrit the ego was denoted by the term ahamkara = "I am the doer".

According to the ancient sages, the ego is a non-entity--the mere lack of identity. As a result, it craves to establish an identity for itself by performing action and accumulating possessions and associations, which it can claim as its "own". This includes such ideas as "my nation", "my religion", "my family", "my friends", etc.

Anything that threatens its possessions, will thus threaten the ego's identity and indeed its very existence. As a result, the world gets divided between "us" and "them", where the other becomes demonized as an existential threat.

This has been an endemic problem in human nature since the onset of civilization, when material possessions and social groups began to become essential for survival.

However, the ancients taught that it is possible to eradicate the ego, which inhabits the "cave" at the bottom of the mind. To do so, you have to turn within and "do nothing"--i.e., you have to experience the void at the basis of the mind, which transcends all thought, and which resembles a sea of silent darkness. Thus, various meditation techniques were prescribed as a remedy to this disease called ego.

In that state, the ego becomes weakened, because one is literally unable "to do" anything, including the act of thinking. By learning to remain in that state for long periods of time, in a state of perfect ignorance and "no doing", eventually the ego (which can be compared to a veil of ignorance) gets removed, and the Self--one's true "universal" identity shines forth. At that point, all of one's thinking, and action is no longer performed by the individual ego--but by the universal Self, a condition characteristic of "enlightenment". Such individuals see the Self in all things, and thus cease to view the world as compartmentalized into "us" and "them" scenarios.

Unfortunately, this knowledge was largely lost long ago--it was the characteristic of the human mind, prior to the advent of "civilization" during the previous golden age (the neolithic period). However, ancient traditions all around the world held that at the end of a long cycle of ages, spanning thousands of years, a new golden age would dawn, when the ego would once again become diminished and largely eradicated. I suspect that the coming economic, social, and political collapse that will soon be upon us will severely injure the egos of many people around the world, and cause us to "turn within" once again. In other words, we may be on the verge of a new golden age, where world peace becomes a distinct possibility. But it will only be possible if our leaders are devoid of individual ego, and instruments of universal divine will, in service to humanity.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

we may be on the verge of a new golden age, where world peace becomes a distinct possibility. But it will only be possible if our leaders are devoid of individual ego, and instruments of universal divine will, in service to humanity.

We're doomed

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

Lol, if we have to depend upon leaders from our current generation, then I would whole heartedly agree.

top topics

join