It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jobs had to ask everyone in the audience, repeatedly, to shut off their Wi-Fi so the show could cont

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't know why I find this so funny but I do.
watch the Steve Jobs meltdown video
gizmodo.com...

Apple attempted to do their demo over Wi-Fi, but as you can see couldn't manage to get things up and running due to overload. So Jobs had to ask everyone in the audience, repeatedly, to shut off their Wi-Fi so the show could go on. A bizarre hiccup for a company in its prime, showing off its latest wares.

It's true that with the rise of Wi-Fi/3G hotspots, the Wi-Fi signal in the hall would probably be unusable. Jobs said over 500 hotspots were emanating from the audience. A real issue, though, is that we should be able to do all of these things over 3G. So when an audience member responds to Steve's requests for suggestions with "Verizon," we laugh because it's funny and we laugh because it's true.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
I don't know why I find this so funny but I do.
watch the Steve Jobs meltdown video

Yes I find it funny too, it's very embarrassing so it's funny the same way someone slips on ice and lands on their butt. But what meltdown? There's no meltdown, he handles it as maturely as can be expected.

Now AFTERWARDS there may have been a meltdown we didn't see where he fired someone. He was probably just asking the audience members to turn off their wifi as a joke/excuse because they would have had a dedicated service set up for the demo if they know what they were doing, which you would hope they did.

What's even funnier is the meltdown that really happens in the video posted in the comments section. THAT's a meltdown! But you can't post it here!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I added took the "watch the meltdown" from the site, I thought we were supposed to label the articles exactly like the place we took them from?

I'll have to go back and watch the video you're talking about, it wasn't there when I first read the article.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   
ooo that was funny as all just like when that company was demoning there new voice reg AI and it couldn't understand a thing the guy was saying.
Yea its not like we dont all have this kind of thing ahppen with our computer connections .
almost feel sorry for the guy though how embarsing and talk about bad timing

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Ah poor Steve.. He hates when something goes wrong in his presentations..
But indeed, still very funny!

We still love you steve!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I added took the "watch the meltdown" from the site, I thought we were supposed to label the articles exactly like the place we took them from?

That is a requirement for the breaking news forum to copy the title exactly. The requirement doesn't apply to other forums like this one but you probably want to have a good reason for using a different title. In this case you could have just truncated the title to something like: » Jobs had to ask everyone in the audience, repeatedly, to shut off their Wi-Fi... since the title is too long to post the whole thing.

In any case my criticism of the inappropriate use of the word meltdown was directed at the original author, not you.

Don't listen to that real meltdown video in the comments if you don't like bad language, my virgin ears have been violated!

Just kidding, but the language is pretty bad.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
You guys think that's funny? Do a youtube search for the premier of windows 98. Lol, BSOD when the presentation starts. Too funny

top topics

join