It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ray Charles dead at age 73

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Breaking News: Famous musician Ray Charles dies at the age of 73. He was a great musician and will be missed.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Poo. That's sad. He was a legend. Much respect.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
One of the GREATS has passed on...

m...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
fox news? this must be fake! (since some believe fox news NEVER reports anything real or true)

you're a hoaxer and i'm not amused.

actually thats pretty saddening to me. i thought he rocked!

i still remember his part in the blue brothers. great guy and a great musician. he went too soon.

link   
It is amazing how he could play considering he couldn't see anything. I tried to learn to play the piano and I stunk at it. And I was able to see the keys and notes. He had a gift for music.

link   

Ray Charles, the Grammy-winning crooner who blended gospel and blues in such crowd-pleasers as "What'd I Say" and heartfelt ballads like "Georgia on My Mind," died Thursday, a spokesman said. He was 73.

Charles died at his Beverly Hills home surrounded by family and friends, said spokesman Jerry Digney.

Charles' last public appearance was alongside Clint Eastwood on April 30, when the city of Los Angeles designated the singer's studios, built 40 years ago in central Los Angeles, as a historic landmark.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Hope this isn't wrong to ask but does anyone know what he died of?

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   

He was a wonderful musician. He'll be missed.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
What a shame.
I liked a lot of his stuff. Loved him in the Blues Brother aswell.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Sad news indeed, I wasn't even aware that he wasn't well.

He was a great musician and no doubt an inspiration to handicapped people everywhere. I still see him everyday in those Powerball commercials.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
You know I always found it strange growing up that I had an Uncle who was very racist.. Yet he was a huge Ray Charles fan, He owned just about every LP and 8-track available at the time and Ray Charles piano and voice were always heard in my Uncle's home.

He was an amazing man, and one of the few humans who's legacy and music will indeed live forever.

Gazz

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
VALE. Ray Charles.

Just reported in Oz, (tv) 'complications from a liver disease.
no links yet
Sanc'.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Very sad...
He was one of the greats
apnews.myway.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
One of the most haunting and recognizable voices.
Goodbye Ray.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
That's a damn shame, he will be missed.

UM_Gazz about your Uncle, looks like that's the power of music, and I guess you can respect someone without liking them.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Thanks for all the great music Ray.

Rest in Peace Ray.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Its sad to see him go. I'm not a fan of his music, but he was very talented at performing.

I had no idea he was ailing either.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   
only 73!! I thought he was much older
i'm sure he will be missed, but he did leave us a nice legacy to remember him by.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy
It is amazing how he could play considering he couldn't see anything. I tried to learn to play the piano and I stunk at it. And I was able to see the keys and notes. He had a gift for music.

I just developed a new appreciation for his music, even though I've never heard of any of his songs. ***goes to limewire ***sees amazing grace and what a wonderful world...........** on second thought maybe I'll look the other way

***What a wonderful world -- I saw that in a michael moore video *** It's like documentary music...

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   
WTF.. was I under a rock today?????

Indeed one of the true Greats in Music. He has paved the way for alot of musicians, and his influence can be heard in much Music We All listen to today.

This is shocking to me......

First Reagen, Now Ray, whos next, they allways come in threes

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join