It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whan I was a child a man in a trench coat gave me a book while I was playing outside.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What made you think of this again, if you don't have the book?

Maybe you just imagined the entire thing, you don't even have the book anymore for proof that this actually happened (not just for us, but for yourself). My guess is that if you are telling the truth, that you created false memories for yourself in order to make yourself feel worthy/and or special and boost self-esteem. It can happen if you don't receive much attention or praise during childhood.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by State of Mind
What made you think of this again, if you don't have the book?

Maybe you just imagined the entire thing, you don't even have the book anymore for proof that this actually happened (not just for us, but for yourself). My guess is that if you are telling the truth, that you created false memories for yourself in order to make yourself feel worthy/and or special and boost self-esteem. It can happen if you don't receive much attention or praise during childhood.
LOL. Think what you want. I know I was given a book called leviathan.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theone2000
Have not read it. To be honest, I'm kinda scared too. But I will since i need to figure out what he was trying to tell me.

But if anyone gots a clue on what he was trying to tell me.

On the inside page, there was a anarchy sign.
Then it said, Donovan.. people who see are special.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Theone2000]

How about you read the book, more than once if need be, then carry out research on the book and the themes contained therein. If this has made an impression on you, and you have a clear memory of this event (I say this because I hardly have any clear memories from my younger years, and I'm only 20..), then I would have thought reading the book would have been the first obvious step to breaking down its meaning in your life. It's curious that it was given to you by a stranger who knew your name, also that you have experienced other similar occurrences throughout your life. This mere fact alone leads me to believe that the book-giving wasn't just a one-off event. I am going to take a wild stab and insinuate that you are of particular interest to somebody for some reason.
What exactly are you afraid of? It appears as though whatever is going on most likely has something to do with you and, not to sound flippant, but perhaps you should think about stepping up to the plate (if the situation does indeed call for it).
Read the book, research, and then go from there.

It would also be helpful if you could supply some photographs of your name and the inscription in the front of the book, as well as the 'anarchy symbol' (the latter is important and may shed more light).

I honestly think that only you would know the true meaning of this book in your life, even if the realisation is yet to be reached.
Additionally, it would be wise to find out whether any of your family or relatives have had any experience with the paranormal i.e. have seen ghosts, UFOs etc.

All the best

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

Have you read the book? Sorry if you already answered.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Haven't even read it and you're asking us what it means?
Seriously?
I cant imagine the thought process there..
("afraid" of a book?), no way.. for real?

but dude, books don't hurt.
at least read it before you ask others to tell you what it means.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Pertaining to Anarchy...from the book

Tyranny And Oligarchy, But Different Names Of Monarchy, And Aristocracy

There be other names of Government, in the Histories, and books of Policy; as Tyranny, and Oligarchy: But they are not the names of other Formes of Government, but of the same Formes misliked. For they that are discontented under Monarchy, call it Tyranny; and they that are displeased with Aristocracy, called it Oligarchy: so also, they which find themselves grieved under a Democracy, call it Anarchy, (which signifies want of Government;) and yet I think no man believes, that want of Government, is any new kind of Government: nor by the same reason ought they to believe, that the Government is of one kind, when they like it, and another, when they mislike it, or are oppressed by the Governours.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Arrowmancer

Orson Scott Card does some wonderful work. I too love that book and find that it stuck with me. Especially with the amazing rise of the internet.

I also pass on to my nieces and nephews books that I enjoyed and carried a message in hope that will also enjoy it and learn from it. I gave my niece "The Sparrow" by Mary Russell, after 3 years she still has not read it. She too said it was too hard to read but I could not put it down.

To each his own I guess.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

There be other names of Government, in the Histories, and books of Policy; as Tyranny, and Oligarchy: But they are not the names of other Formes of Government, but of the same Formes misliked. For they that are discontented under Monarchy, call it Tyranny; and they that are displeased with Aristocracy, called it Oligarchy: so also, they which find themselves grieved under a Democracy, call it Anarchy, (which signifies want of Government;) and yet I think no man believes, that want of Government, is any new kind of Government: nor by the same reason ought they to believe, that the Government is of one kind, when they like it, and another, when they mislike it, or are oppressed by the Governours.

Peace
*reading book*

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

I brought up Ender's Game in reference to Leviathan. It's one of the best books I've read, but this is the first I've heard of Leviathan. The reason I compared the two goes a long way in explaining why 11-year-olds wouldn't read such a book.

While I read Ender's Game and hungered for more science fiction from the Enderverse, I picked up Xenocide and Children of the Mind and just couldn't understand them. I read them both and didn't have a clue. Instead of being about Ender and his trials, they were more focused on cause and effect, politics, philosophy and expanding the cerebral aspect of that universe. I re-read them again after reading Enders Shadow and they made a bit more sense, but I couldn't get into the subtelties until I was in my twenties.

A book like Leviathan wouldn't make a hell of a lot of sense to an 11 year old as I understand the bones of it. But to a 25 year old, it would be pretty astounding. I've started into Leviathan and even now I can feel my little brain twisting....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by letthereaderunderstand

Peace
*reading book*

hours after this post you said elsewhere "ill read it tomorrow"

"So, i have this book this guy gave me,
and ive never read it..
can any of you tell me what this all means?"

so, you are a led zeppelin fan?
or just like the image of Zoso?

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My tuppence worth;

a) you were contacted by some spooky dude with spooky powers

b) someone was spreading memes

c) you were VERY lucky not to have been abducted by some weird/pervy stalker-man.

I think somewhere between b and c

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Op, whats you're agenda? Seriously, I dont really care how you got the book, more important is why are you trying to push these philosophies into people consciences?
Flat out, Do you agree with Hobbes on Sovreignty and social contract?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hey kid, please read the book. I've been looking for you for a long time.

I have another book I need to show you, at our original meeting place. I think it will help you connect the dots.

And Donovan, don't be late.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan_The_Maori
reply to post by Theone2000

I'm pretty sure you've already posted something like this before...

But anyways...this guy could of just been one of those people who like spreading the "alternative idea" and you could think of him as an early version of a conspiracy blogger..well kind of.

Why would you try and spread info to an 11 year old who might just throw it away and go play baseball and videogames ?

If you were wanting to share and spread info, wouldn't you want to give it to a reliable source.?

there has to be more to this...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
obviously a time traveler trying to get you to seize your destiny. he must have failed since you are posting this on ATS asking for help.

or he was a molester

I'm sure if he was a molester he would have done some molesting and not just walked away.....

that is what makes it kind of odd....

And that he knew your name too...

Maybe he could have been an old family friend that knew who you were but that you had never met.......

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stewie
Have YOU read the book?

You must have. Look at my Avatar, the word Leviathan is engraved on the wall of the cave.
It is the only word engraved on the wall, though there are pictures that represent the evolution of war.

It is YOUR job to explain Leviathan, not mine, you were given the book, not me.

I was just hpoing that someone else had read the book and could give me some idea what he was trying to say to me.
Guess I should read the book then. I just want to know what he was trying to say by it. Oh one more thing I forgot. I use to draw anarchy signs everywhere. I was just a kid. A skater. You know how skaters write anarchy signs. Anyways in the book was a anarchy symbol at the top of the words.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Theone2000]

Reading the book will probably spark some kind of thought process or idea that maybe you were not aware that your subconscience was thinking off and reading the book is the way to get that into your mind.

Reading the book is the only way you can "Start" to understand the meaning behind him actually giving you the book....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
Any other interesting events like this?

At the Age of 25 I was followed by agents. I have no clue why. I could tell they were because they would call me by name. They wore glasses to hide their eyes. When I seen one it was obvious. I would point him out. Later one came up to me and said we are tired of you pointing us out.

Agents as in The Matrix agents? This sounds like a fake at the moment.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Phlynx]

really ...that was your first thought ?

What about ..um idunno......GOVERNMENT AGENTS ????

I mean really...matrix? thanks for adding nothing to this..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
alrite alrite.
this story really isn't all that unbelievable. i mean, its not like anything supernatural happened, just someone who the guy didnt know trying to help him along his path with a book.
mind you, i havent read this book so i wouldn't know the message, but it's obviously important to this person, as he wouldn't have bothered givin the op a book unless it was.

it's just a lil creepy, but that cuz we stereotype trench coat ppls.
THEY GOT SOMETHING TO HIDE mwahahaha
jk
interesting that the same person who gave him the book seems to have popped his head up on this post. cryptic # goin on here...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
or how about
for this one,
the simplest explanation probably is true..
why does there have to be "more to the story" ?
if you put all his little 'pieces' together,
it sounds, and even more-so,
feels more made up than anything.

sorry, just being honest...

Feels like a kid having fun with ATS'rs. lol

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Hey kid, please read the book. I've been looking for you for a long time.

I have another book I need to show you, at our original meeting place. I think it will help you connect the dots.

And Donovan, don't be late.

haha,
you found him!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join