It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whan I was a child a man in a trench coat gave me a book while I was playing outside.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Theone2000

For you to remember this event it must have made an incredible impression on you.

Enough for you to have kept the book.

Pictures please of the book and the inscription to you.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Fee fi fo fum ... I smell the blood of a troll--ok it doesn't rhyme. But still.... come on. The fourth thread (that I've seen at least) by the author in the last 1 1/2 hours is when this finally comes out?
To me it seems like this would be a first order of business to address on a conspiracy site.....

(if it happened)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
Any other interesting events like this?

At the Age of 25 I was followed by agents. I have no clue why. I could tell they were because they would call me by name. They wore glasses to hide their eyes. When I seen one it was obvious. I would point him out. Later one came up to me and said we are tired of you pointing us out.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theone2000

Originally posted by Logarock
Well....the guy didnt tell you to eat the book so dont worry about it to much from that end.

ROFL!
Kinda makes me paranoid though. Any one here read the book? Any one here know what his intentions were/are?

Here's a summary from your wiki link.

In the book, which was written during the English Civil War, Thomas Hobbes argues for a social contract and rule by an absolute sovereign. Hobbes wrote that chaos or civil war — situations identified with a state of nature and the famous motto Bellum omnium contra omnes ("the war of all against all") — could only be averted by strong central government.

In Leviathan, Hobbes explicitly states that the sovereign has authority to assert power over matters of faith and doctrine, and that if he does not do so, he invites discord. Hobbes presents his own religious theory, but states that he would defer to the will of the sovereign (when that was re-established: again, Leviathan was written during the Civil War) as to whether his theory was acceptable. Tuck argues that it further marks Hobbes as a supporter of the religious policy of the post-Civil War English republic, Independency.

It's a pretty religious book, it seems.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Fee fi fo fum ... I smell the blood of a troll--ok it doesn't rhyme. But still.... come on. The fourth thread (that I've seen at least) by the author in the last 1 1/2 hours is when this finally comes out?
To me it seems like this would be a first order of business to address on a conspiracy site.....

(if it happened)

I never thought about posting it until now. But yea this is the place to post something like this. I will read the book. Figure it out on my own what he was trying to tell me. I must admit I'm scared to read it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Leviathan is an exceedingly difficult book to read, and even more difficult to explain.
So,
I believe you may be right about this entire thread.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theone2000

Originally posted by BeyondBelow
Any other interesting events like this?

At the Age of 25 I was followed by agents. I have no clue why. I could tell they were because they would call me by name. They wore glasses to hide their eyes. When I seen one it was obvious. I would point him out. Later one came up to me and said we are tired of you pointing us out.

Agents as in The Matrix agents? This sounds like a fake at the moment.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Maybe they were the MIB. Since you had an alien encounter- perhaps your an abductee but dont remember?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   
yeah this is really a lame troll. I remember people fell for this kinda of stuff when cable started being spread across those of us who aren't super-techno-internet-geeks. but this kind of trolling schtick is common on non-conspiracy websites with boards about paranormal etc.

it's just a lame story. i mean if you actually tried to follow it all you would notice how randomly it's written, it doesn't seem like organized thoughts and memories.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LususNaturae
yeah this is really a lame troll. I remember people fell for this kinda of stuff when cable started being spread across those of us who aren't super-techno-internet-geeks. but this kind of trolling schtick is common on non-conspiracy websites with boards about paranormal etc.

it's just a lame story. i mean if you actually tried to follow it all you would notice how randomly it's written, it doesn't seem like organized thoughts and memories.

Think what ever you want. It happened. I'm not making up a story. Maybe it was MNB. Hmm I guess I'll read it.

I don't have pictures of it, cause i threw it away, because it tripped me out to much. Believe me or not I don't care. I was hoping someone here had the same thing happen to them or knowledge of what it means pertaining to me.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I also am curious about seeing a photo of the book you have as well as the inscription on the inside. Not that this would be conclusive proof of your claim as you could easily write it yourself. It sounds more like to me that you have started reading this book as either part of a class assignment or something or someone brought it to your attention and your trolling for info using this supposed event to peak an interest from people. Surrounding it in a aura of mystery and science fiction to obtain something from the most gullible. Of course for us nay sayers and doubting thomas's it would be an easy thing to prove us wrong with a pic of said book.

If on the other hand this really did happen to you then i must wonder why you didnt tell your parents about the book when the guy gave it to you as well as why you never tried to read it. At age 11 i would most definetly tried to read it even if i had no clue as to what was being said because of limited education and of course only being 11. Children are naturally curious especially at that age so i doubt your entire story based on this and several other things you have said. Sounds bogus to me. I always trust my gut reaction to what people say and this doesnt feel right.

It sounds more like your trying to get people interested in this book that you find so interesting.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by fizzy1]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

There was such an extaordinary woman in my childhood who gave me a book that profoundly guided my early adult years.

I wonder if you know who your biological parents are... perhaps this man was aware of 'the stock' you come from and wanted you to grow into a right-thinking adult courtesy of Hobbes.

I hope it was and is a useful gift for you and your life.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by fizzy1
I also am curious about seeing a photo of the book you have as well as the inscription on the inside. Not that this would be conclusive proof of your claim as you could easily write it yourself. It sounds more like to me that you have started reading this book as either part of a class assignment or something or someone brought it to your attention and your trolling for info using this supposed event to peak an interest from people. Surrounding it in a aura of mystery and science fiction to obtain something from the most gullible. Of course for us nay sayers and doubting thomas's it would be an easy thing to prove us wrong with a pic of said book.

If on the other hand this really did happen to you then i must wonder why you didnt tell your parents about the book when the guy gave it to you as well as why you never tried to read it. At age 11 i would most definetly tried to read it even if i had no clue as to what was being said because of limited education and of course only being 11. Children are naturally curious especially at that age so i doubt your entire story based on this and several other things you have said. Sounds bogus to me. I always trust my gut reaction to what people say and this doesnt feel right.

It sounds more like your trying to get people interested in this book that you find so interesting.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by fizzy1]
Think what you will. It's a free country. I'm just telling what happened to me. - peace. (The book is to boring to read. LOL I guess I'll read it.) It would have been one of my first posts on here but it happened so long ago, it just now popped into my head. I thought it would be a cool subject on here.
I'll read it and probably not know what the dude was trying to tell me with it.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin

There was such an extaordinary woman in my childhood who gave me a book that profoundly guided my early adult years.

I wonder if you know who your biological parents are... perhaps this man was aware of 'the stock' you come from and wanted you to grow into a right-thinking adult courtesy of Hobbes.

I hope it was and is a useful gift for you and your life.

Thank you for not trolling! I am telling the truth!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

ok.. skimmed though it. The book looks like the manual for modern control over the masses. Hmm. www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   

I don't have pictures of it, cause i threw it away, because it tripped me out to much.

Well, you have the .pdf...read it. It looks to be an extremely interesting book from the bits I have read.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

What did he mean? I'd think it's pretty obvious. The man gave you a book. The function of a book is pretty simple to figure out. If it had YOUR name in it, I would guess at the least you've opened it. If the book was given to you and made such a profound impact on your life, why would you have thrown it away? Throwing away a book... the idea... saddens me.

When I was 8, I was also given a special book. A steelworker handed it to me one day. Unlike you, I tried to read it. After a few years, I tried again. I have read that book cover to cover a hundred times without exaggeration and use ONLY that book in the Book Crossing program. Copies of this book have made it to Australia, Germany, Japan, several places in Europe, and all over the US. When this steelworker handed me the book, he said some special words, too. "Here, read this." My response? "Thanks, Dad."

The book was Ender's Game. Still one of the best friggin books I've ever read.

After reading this short thread, I could just picture Big Brother in a trench coat and mustache sitting in a dilapidated apartment building watching over a kid from age 11 to adult 36, facepalming on a daily basis and wondering where The Great Plan had gone wrong. Threw it away... good grief.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arrowmancer

What did he mean? I'd think it's pretty obvious. The man gave you a book. The function of a book is pretty simple to figure out. If it had YOUR name in it, I would guess at the least you've opened it. If the book was given to you and made such a profound impact on your life, why would you have thrown it away? Throwing away a book... the idea... saddens me.

When I was 8, I was also given a special book. A steelworker handed it to me one day. Unlike you, I tried to read it. After a few years, I tried again. I have read that book cover to cover a hundred times without exaggeration and use ONLY that book in the Book Crossing program. Copies of this book have made it to Australia, Germany, Japan, several places in Europe, and all over the US. When this steelworker handed me the book, he said some special words, too. "Here, read this." My response? "Thanks, Dad."

The book was Ender's Game. Still one of the best friggin books I've ever read.

After reading this short thread, I could just picture Big Brother in a trench coat and mustache sitting in a dilapidated apartment building watching over a kid from age 11 to adult 36, facepalming on a daily basis and wondering where The Great Plan had gone wrong. Threw it away... good grief.

It freaked me out. So I threw it away. Now that I'm older and not so freaked out about it and thanks to internet! I have found it and am reading it. You have to understand I was a child I thought he was a stranger and your not suppose to talk to strangers yet alone read a book from one. But maybe it was a gift from someone up high. Who knows, anyways it now has stolen my curiosity! (Opens the scary book. hehe)
socserv.socsci.mcmaster.ca...
the book looks like a manual for modern control over the masses. Maybe I'm the secret king? (Excuse my delusions of grandeur. haha

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
obviously a time traveler trying to get you to seize your destiny. he must have failed since you are posting this on ATS asking for help.

or he was a molester

That.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by h1satsu

Originally posted by Totalstranger
obviously a time traveler trying to get you to seize your destiny. he must have failed since you are posting this on ATS asking for help.

or he was a molester

That.

If only you knew what I know and have been through.
I was the secret king behind the scenes. But gave my crown away to all the people of the earth. hehe

I'm not down with the new world order but because the technology that will be available they don't want jimmy in his basement creating WMD, or a Cern...I see the world pulling together to fight off threats.

news.bbc.co.uk...

crnano.typepad.com...

news.bbc.co.uk...

games.venturebeat.com...

Because of future technology being dangerous and protecting the people from jimmy in his basement creating wmd. First watch the above video.

Don't kill the messenger. There is high Christ consciousness individuals of every race. Angelic Humans. AWAKING!

Around 2070.....there will be a UN, a one world government where computers and internet will be a birth right for all the people around the world. (They will be cheap in 20 years.) Every one around the world will own one. Everything will be voted on by all the people of the world though internet. ( Computer viruses will be a thing of the past. Any one who hacks computers in the future will get 50 years or more in jail, as they will be messing with votes.) Our representatives/leaders will make god aligning choices in all they do. following the book of law www.un.org... It will be a republic by the people for the people. It will keep the U.S. Constitution. With a One world Government. People will be able to keep their money, just make sure to help the meek and every thing will be fine.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Theone2000]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join