It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Denver**** Breaking!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
Oh no, National Jewish Hospital has so many children. My son was there for 2 years. Hope no one was injured.

I seriously double anyone was injured . The power station has a 20 foot concrete wall surrounding the entire facility. The Fire station is also literally 20 feet from the North wall.
I heard NO explosion. The electricity went out and there was a large column of black smoke and a few hours later service was restored, at least to capital hill.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just Wondering

Originally posted by freetree64
Copyright 2010 by TheDenverChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Oh my God, I laughed hard.

Thank you for that!

*edit to move quote tags around*

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Arrowmancer]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I was right there when this happened. I was waiting at the light at 14th and Colorado Blvd, then there's a loud boom that shook the area, the stop lights go dead, and I look over to see flames shooting about 5 stories high out of the top of this building, then feel a huge wave of heat. The pictures in the news were taken minutes later and don't even come close; it was like something out of a movie.

You couldn't tell that it was an electrical station at the time, so it appeared to just be a 2 story concrete building that was exploding out the roof... I was expecting flaming debris to start raining down on us, so I looked and didn't see anyone needing help, and then I got the hell out of there while calling 911 on my cell phone and trying to navigate traffic with dead stoplights. It's a pretty disturbing feeling to call 911 and wait several minutes without having anybody answer. Thankfully, the substation was contained with a 2 story concrete wall, so the flames went straight up, rather than out to the sides (where pedestrians, homes, and plenty of traffic was at the time). I don't believe there were any injuries. The area was filled with nasty smoke and heat when I went back through there 3 hours later, but the stoplights and several nearby buildings already had their power restored by then.

Oddly enough, I do seem to find myself witnessing quite a number of weird electrical events over the past few years... This latest coincidence was certainly the biggest, by far.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
We had a transformer explode and send live lines down into traffic today here in Columbus OH. I was stuck in traffic for about an hour waiting for crews to clear the lanes.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Relax folks, this is a fairly common occurance. As we progress into warmer weather, homes and businesses are bginning to rely more on their air handling systems [HVAC] and that puts a HUGE strain on the electrical service. Many of the switches located at the substations are oil insulated and when a spike in current occurs, they blow. I live about a mile away from a rather large substation and I have heard 2 of these things go in the past two years - and they are LOUD!!!

posted on May, 31 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Im looking for answers to some strange thundering noises lasting about ten minutes over a ten mile radius in denver on clear evening skies and no reports of fireworks on 5/29/11 very curious
edit on 31-5-2011 by prophetIV because: add a date

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join