It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosion in Denver**** Breaking!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
DENVER - A major electrical substation exploded in Denver Monday evening, sending a plume of thick black smoke into the air and knocking out power to an untold number of residents, Denver Fire officials said.

The explosion was reported at about 6:30 p.m. in the area of 14th Ave. and Jackson St., near National Jewish Hospital.

Witnesses report hearing the blast and feeling the ground shake, and then the power went out.

It was not immediately clear if anyone was injured

www.kdvr.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
What in the world is going on with all these explosions??????

Dear lord!

Nothing of substance to add just totally baffled!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
"Explosion Rocks East Denver
Burning Electrical Transformer Sends Thick Smoke Into Air"

Posted by Wayne Harrison, Web Editor

DENVER -- An exploding electrical transformer in East Denver briefly disrupted power over a wide area Monday evening.

The burning transformer, at 14th Avenue and Jackson Street, sent a huge plume of thick, black smoke into the sky over Denver.

Traffic lights were not working along Colfax Avenue and traffic was jammed in major intersections. Power was out in the area.

The explosion was reported around 6:30 p.m.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Seem's like we've had more than our fair share, here recently, doesn't it....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
Copyright 2010 by TheDenverChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Yeah, what is going on here? This is the 3rd or 4th explosion today. We had one down here in Texas, too. There's a couple other threads on ATS as well about explosions in the area.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by freetree64

Honestly I think it is a coincidence and nothing to start getting worried about. No need for tin foil hats just yet guys.

The one that happened Here in Texas today, was an accident. Electrical workers were drilling and hit the gas line.

I know nothing of this explosion in Denver... But let's get all the facts before we starting speculating on conspiracies.

Sometimes things just happen, pure accidents, and with no secret agenda.... I truly believe this is one of those times.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Yes, your probably correct, it does appear to be that type of incident, and was simply sharing the info, due to the recent event in Texas. We will see, who know's....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

[edit on 7-6-2010 by freetree64]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Substations do have a habit of blowing up all by them selves... But then again they would make an attractive target, probably very minimal security and easy to access as workmen, maybe you wouldn't even need explosives if you knew what you were doing.

Knock a few of those out and you could maybe cause rolling blackouts as more substations down the line over load?

Probably nothing though.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Check out this photo from KDVR 31 News..... Imagine being that guy mowing his yard....

www.kdvr.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
1) The number of facilities like this (and others) are far more common nowadays than in the past.

2) Safety protocol is 95% of these jobs.

Accidents are GOING to happen, because no one is perfect.

The fact you are seeing more accidents in recent times is due to the exponential growth in A) Reporting B) Technology C) Demand for these services.

The rate of these disasters is probably entirely consistent with the population growth coupled with the increasing ubiquity of the technology.

Consider this, 100 years ago no one had electricity or wiring in their homes, and no one had cars to put gas/oil in.

These disasters may seem like a recent development and THEY ARE, because the Technology behind them is a recent development also! And as it continues to spread and the third world nations enter modernization, the rate of these disasters will certainly increase exponentially with it!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Quite true, although to say to the soldiers in the civil war, aww boy's this ain't gonna be nothing, there's been war's for thousand's of years, and this isn't anything unusual.... would be a stretch, don't ya think???
So if explosions are increasing due to increasing technology, then in say a hundred years or so, if tech continues to grow, we should have say, 20 explosions a day... perhaps??

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I wonder if any or all of these explosions could be due to solar activity?

If so just wait a few more years and it will be hundreds a day.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

I was thinking the same thing. I belive any corinal mass ejections (CME's) were expected to arrive early Tuesday.

If it is then the US is at increased risk due to higher conductivity of the general bedrock.

What are these other explosions? Were they related to power stations?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Oh no, National Jewish Hospital has so many children. My son was there for 2 years. Hope no one was injured.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

Could be. I remotely remember NASA putting out a warning about solar winds. So thats very possible...only time will tell.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Hopefully it's nothing to do with this...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
could the latest solar flares possibly have anything to do with these odd events?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The synchronicity is interesting. I'm not going to try to draw any conclusions to it but it is strange. The chances of it has to be slim.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join