It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Life: The Mainstream Edition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Fairly interesting article:
www.space.com...

Note that it seems entirely plausible that other life forms would not resemble us in the least (non water based etc.). In any event, I think that even most skeptics have to acknowledge the probability of Alien life existing in our universe.
I think it is pretty interesting that we've gotten past does Alien life exist to asking, "in what form?", "where?", "how advanced".

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Counttrarian]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
You'd be surprised at how many sheeple there are still out there that cannot wrap their heads around the fact that our planet it microscopic in the grand scheme of things!

A great number of these sheeple repond with "conspiracy theorist" when the mere idea of alien life comes up in conversation.... why this is so, is beyond me.

However, there is a marked decline in the number of people who refuse to accept there is other life out there.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Alien life simply must exist.

There is no "if."

It is utterly illogical to think we are alone in the universe. The fact that we are here, living and breathing, is proof enough of that.

The universe is unfathomably large, and therefore unfathomably complex. With trillions and trillions of stars out there, there must be thousands upon thousands of intelligent species. Look at how we evolved. Who's to say intelligent life can't evolve in different ways?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Right, (to both posters).
I think we have undertaken an important dialectic process to the point where most 'learned' people accept the proposition that Alien life exists. Major changes to the fundamentals of our shared understanding and societal structures do not happen overnight. This topic is akin to eventually moving past flat Earth theory. In the same token we can expect the major institutions of religion and government to be the very last to acknowledge shift.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Counttrarian]

new topics

top topics

join