It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 injured in W.Va gas well explosion, flames reach 40 feet high

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

7 injured in W.Va gas well explosion, flames reach 40 feet high

www.app.com

MORGANTOWN, W.VA. — A crew drilling a natural gas well through an abandoned coal mine in West Virginia's Northern Panhandle hit a pocket of methane gas that ignited, triggering an explosion that burned seven workers, state and company officials said Monday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I came across this while searching for related stories to another thread I was starting regarding the rise in these types and other explosions.

This is the second such explosion in that area in the past two months. Something is going on.

There is also a natural gas explosion right now in Texas.

Too much coincidence!

www.app.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Here is a link to the thread recently started regarding a natural gas line explosion that happened in Texas today.

Here is a link to an article talking about another W Virginia mine explosion due to methane gas in April of this year. It was the worst in their history.

I'll go ahead and throw in a link to the other thread I just started questioning if there is a connection to all of the explosions/leaks that seem to be happening lately.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by westcoast]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
There was also one that happened a couple weeks ago in Florida.

That is odd. I wonder what is causing all these explosions. hhhmmmm several huge earthquakes, and volcano explosions, the gulf insident now all these. There has to be a connection. Dont you think?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

No, I didn't know about that one. If you wouldn't mind, could visit the other thread I started about linking these together and add that info?

I am someone that does not believe in coincidences past a certain point. This is all getting a bit wierd.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Remember

There are no coincidences!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Something is going on. The Marcellus shale formation is being drilled and fracked like never before. Often the pressure is a little high and blowouts occur. More drilling and production means more accidents.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
There was also one that happened a couple weeks ago in Florida.

Don't forget Pennsylvania last week as well...

www.ydr.com...

Natural gas and polluted drilling water from an out-of-control well shot 75 feet into the air in a remote area of Pennsylvania before crews were able to tame the flow of explosive gas more than half a day later, officials said Friday.

S.O.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I wonder who is doing this. There have been a lot of this happening. sabotage...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Excellent spot, on that, and as the OP on one thread, now I'm beginning to wonder as well, lot's of bad things happening to "Energy" related areas here lately, guess we better bite on the Green Energy, or else!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
no fears Cap and Trade will be the sollution! thank god. now that thats taken care of i can get back to watch my idol reruns!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
The gas leak in Texas happened because some moron hit it while digging. Nothing catastrophic there, other than human stupidity.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   

The media ignored these common occurrences as they were of little interest except locally. With the Gulf issue going on, they are actively seeking these stories. Drilling has always been a dangerous business. I think it is that simple. Statistically no more events, just more information about it circulating.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

While I agree with you to a certain degree, there is no debating the FACT that both W Virginia's mine explosion in April was it's worst in history, as was the Oil refinery in Washington state in April. (highlighted in my other thread....7 people killed, the refinery STILL shut down)

This Gulf oil spill is the worst in history.....and I would be willing to wager that if someone were to do some research, we would find there is a definate increase in these 'accidents' lately.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I am sorry this is current news I just saw on Yahoo, it said something about a large gas explosion in W.V. and that several homes are ablaze? Figured I would see something about it here???

Ok, only have a short time online so hopefully I can find the story.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
The gas explosion from today happened up around the Sissonville area along Interstate 77 just north of Charleston. I've been listening to the radio traffic over the police and fire frequencies here and it is a complete mess up there. As of right now, the gas in the area has been shut off and the fires are slowly being put out. The photo is of both the north and southbound lanes on I-77 just before the Pocatalico exit. It was so hot that it melted the pavement all the way down to the base.

new topics

top topics

join