It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gulf Disaster Possibly Grows: well-casing reported pierced!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

We're looking at something new right now...that there's reports of oil that's seeping up from the sea bed, which would indicate, if that's true, that the well casing itself is actually pierced...

Good grief...

Can we please catch a break?

Wake up Obama!

Wake up America!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by loam]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Good Grief!

I know that the longer it goes on, the well head will be slowly eroded by the "sand blasting" effect the sand and oil rising from the sea bed.

It could make the hole bigger once this happens and the well head breaks all together.

I don't really think Obama can do anything about it anymore.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
I don't really think Obama can do anything about it anymore.

Maybe that's been the dirty little secret all along.

What a freakin' nightmare.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I would like to make two points:
1. It is a rumor.
2. The relief well WILL stop the leak even if it is coming from the side of the conductor, since the relief well will be deeper than the breach.

This is just fear mongering and sensationalism but what can you expect from Angrea Mitchell and MSNBC.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
"so the problems could be just enormous with what we're facing" - the man says with a giant
-eating grin on his face.

What the hell??

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

Originally posted by Just Wondering
1. It is a rumor.
2. The relief well WILL stop the leak even if it is coming from the side of the conductor, since the relief well will be deeper than the breach.

This is just fear mongering and sensationalism but what can you expect from Angrea Mitchell and MSNBC.

I too would like to make just two points:

1. Haven't nearly ALL of your assertions about this crisis been proven false?

And,

2. Haven't nearly ALL of your assertions about this crisis been proven false?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Erm no ...

The belief that the well casing has been damaged comes from anonymous BP officials quoted in news reports as well as a mention from Admiral Thad Allen, the National Incident Commander. www.cbsnews.com...

It's come to the point that anything you deny is by definition true.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Nearly at the end of that report the bottom ticker states that BP is reporting that they have captured 11,000 barrels in a 24 hour period. What % have they claimed to be capturing?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

1. It is a rumor.

Ohh look...not a rumor anymore..

Senator Confirms Well Head Pierced

Are you tired of being proven wrong?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

...Nelson...is smart enough to not make such assertions lightly...

In fact, I have confirmed with Senator Nelson’s office that they are fully aware of the breaking news and significance of what the Senator said to Andrea Mitchell.

Source.

Of course, I hope he is wrong.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The Senator said

there were REPORTS of oil leaking from the ocean floor

REPORTS, not confirmed...
I repeat, NOT CONFIRMED.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

I agree in part with you. It is why my thread title includes the 'possible' qualifier. Let's hope the reports are unfounded.

But it seems clear the Senator has seen evidence he finds convincing enough. That alone is cause for concern.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

So...unconfirmed reports are not rumors...emmkay.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Is it just me, or can you see it's much worse just by the visuals of the live feed?

I remember what it looked like two weeks ago, and the gusher seems four times that size now. Yes four. At least three times bigger.

I wish I could find a still shot of it two weeks ago, and compare it to today.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Because of the lack of information explaining what we are seeing in the various videos, it hasn't really been clear what leaks (there have been several, as many as three) we are watching. Accordingly, it is difficult to make the comparisons.

Certainly, all very intentional.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Agreed. There's a website that allows you to put the oil spill in any location to check your perspective. I did this once, and again in the same location 3 days later. I swear the sucker had doubled in size! Whatever their estimates were, it's no longer accurate (even though we know it never was!) . I think this is growing by the day.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The estimates made by BP and largely parroted by the government have always been a lie.

Today they announced reclamation of 20,000 barrels of oil a day with the new cap. Neat trick, huh? When all along there were only supposed to be 5000 barrels a day spewing into the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
....but it looks like some of the junk coming out now is still mixed with that "mud" stuff. ??.... It's different colors. First it was oil, then it was mud, and now it's oil and mud?

I only know this is like a bad dream and I'm ready to wake up.

When we were discussing on a thread right after it happened, things we might do, someone suggested sinking a ship on it. I wasn't very impressed with the idea at the time, but now I wonder. Why not fill up a tanker ship with concrete and sink it on it? Or seven?

Something else I've noticed. The media keeps saying "people in Louisiana, Mississippi, and some parts of Alabama and Florida are very upset".

What? Don't they realize the whole country is upset? It's like 911! Do they think only New Yorkers were upset? If they don't get this thing fixed the whole world is going to be upset.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Not sure where you guys are getting your numbers.

Allen said the containment cap that was installed late last week is now collecting about 460,000 gallons of oil a day out of the approximately 600,000 to 1.2 million gallons believed to be spewing from the well a mile underwater. In a tweet, BP said it collected 316,722 gallons from midnight to noon Monday.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Seems like everything is on hold now. They have the cap on and are collecting some part of the oil
, how much we don't know. And so, media is happy and turns our attention to the poor pelicans (they are poor) while we are lulled into contentment with the report that things at the spill are improving. Very clever. And with the gas priced falling, why shouldn't we believe them?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join