It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida economy is lagging like I have never seen before

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
and its across the board. I have about 200 or so friends in florida and since April it has went straight down and I dont see it stopping - because it hasnt stopped accellerating downward yet... so it looks like another state is going to be biting the dust real soon....

also, Foreclosures appear to be picking up again. Tourist - what tourist...
I pay attention to the age of paper money and the stuff we are using is like really wore out - so not much new money is being injected.

* un confirmed report of something to do with plowing homeowners Liberty gardens .... trying to make direct contact to get the scoop
right from the source... it appears this is a county employee talking.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Anti-Evil]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I live right outside of Tampa Florida in a city called Palm Harbor. The one thing I have noticed is when you go into ANY neighborhood about 1/3 of the homes are either forsale or forclosed on. Then add that too the fact that alot of homes are winter homes only and you notice entire neighborhoods quiet.. The middle class is dead.. The only thing left is the working poor. When .001% of the super rich have 98% of the US total money, there's no one left to tax.. The Billionairs know how to hide there money so who are the local, state & Federal gov't gonna tax? The people barely surviving?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

I just talked to my Mom in Tampa the other day and she had just had lunch at the Macaroni Grill, everything is ok. She was very happy with her lunch and life in general.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by KrispyB

Let me guess... fixed income?

No need for a job, no worries.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Keep guessing.... duck, duck duck duck........

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I live in NY state, things are horrible up here. I feel your pain.

top topics

join