It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of lesbian couples do well

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I am glad I didn't have 2 mums, my mum could not have coped with me and my brother growing up as two normal rowdy boisterous children without my father being there to put us in line!

If my mum had another woman instead, we would have run rings around them!

I was physically larger than my mum when I was 11 years old, my dad is 6ft 2",i and nearly 18 stone, he was the line which everyone towed. Though I think I came from a pretty normal family, all I see today are horrible kids, taking drugs on the street, shooting, stabbing, robbing etc, and, dare I say it, a lot of these kids are the product of single parenting where the mum has no control whatsoever of the child. Another woman in the home will not do it, men have their role in family life too, and to ignore this is ridiculous!

To all you lesbians out there who think there is no need for men anymore.... get real!

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrddin Wyllt

My mom has always kept me in line, so has my dad, not because im smaller than them because im infact almost a foot taller than my mom and about the same as my dad, its because i respect them and the reason single parents cant control their kids is because they have to work to feed 2 mouths on their own and usualy that means kids hanging out with friends alot and rarely means entering gangs to find a new family and loose respect for their parents but sadly it does but the fred felps of the world were raised by a "normal" family so think about that a bit

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

Same goes with my children, raised in a same sex environment, all perfectly normal and perfectly productive.

~Keper

Productive ? Sure that's a criteria.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ECWSANDMAN13

Like I said, I'm not anti anything about gays....
Maybe its just my upbringing, I dont know, but I just think its not the norm.
I guess all I can say is my point is proved by statistics, what percent of people are gay?
My entire family going back as far as I know have only had one divorce, guess I am blessed that way. I have a wife and 3 grown sons/men.

To me thats normal and I didnt take any offence in your comments
\

But please look at my first past where I said two parents are better than one, regardless of sex....

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

I completly agree with you on that. (unless a parent is abusive but im not even gonna think about that)

i think this boils down to generation gap and upbringing.

I honestly dont understand what you mean by norm.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:21 AM
link   

I honestly dont understand what you mean by norm.

Normal....The largest percentage of relationships is between a male and a female, regardless of species...

Thats the norm.

Its like, normally summers are hot and winters are cold..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

oh ok i see that but (again nit picking) thats a vary broad generalization of the way families come to be not how they function witch is really the issue when talking about any family but i digress...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Totally agree Myrddin Wyllt!

Originally posted by ECWSANDMAN13

My mom has always kept me in line, so has my dad, not because im smaller than them because im infact almost a foot taller than my mom and about the same as my dad, its because i respect them and the reason single parents cant control their kids is because they have to work to feed 2 mouths on their own and usualy that means kids hanging out with friends alot and rarely means entering gangs to find a new family and loose respect for their parents but sadly it does but the fred felps of the world were raised by a "normal" family so think about that a bit

You wasn't much of a hellraiser then.
For rowdy kids like me who weren't prestigious Goody two-shoes lesbian parents wouldn't have stood a chance, I would have loved to see two lesbians try to raise me as I cussed them out daily and made their life a living hell.. my father and my mother couldn't control me one bit. With two lesbians in charge I would have ruled the household at 10 years old.

Sure, same sex families could work, but if they get someone like me they're in for a whole lot of trouble they're not equipped to deal with.

I find 'model' kids that are too well adjusted and never break any rules downright scary.. like that family that everybody knows that's SO perfect, it's like walking into the Twilight Zone... or like that Mormon family that moves to South Park, or like everybody in the movie Demolition Man.
I find it scary because I know TPTB want us weak and docile. They want us all to be conforming top students that never question authority.

Like Skyfloating said, breaking rules is part of being a god damn kid.. not anymore it seems.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by TheLaughingGod]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

Being a rule breaker is different then being a snot that shows no respect for their parents.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Fact is, and I've seen proof somewhere on the internet, TPTB decided ages ago that the best way to control the people was to break up family values..
It started with womens rights, women in the work place and then gay couples.

The intention was to make sure no one had a real family.

Thats a pretty simplistic view but I'm sure you can see they got what they wanted..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
"Being a rule breaker is different then being a snot that shows no respect for their parents. "

lol.... rule breaking is being disrespectful, that's the whole point of it... what's a snot?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Disrespecting your parents is going out of your way to show them no love and no respect rulebreaking is fun

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
er... no... rule breaking, while it may be fun, is also showing a lack of respect to the rule makers, i.e. your parents

Kids always push the boundaries, if i tell my 12 year old (he's 18 now) to be home by 9pm, and he comes home at 9.10, and I don't say anything, he'll be coming home at 9.20 next, then 9.30, this is breaking rules and showing a total lack of respect for my authority, responsibility and job(ha) as a parent! Rule breaking and disrespect are the same thing!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

No thats a lack of self control where you dont to it to rebel and let loose your doing it for the intent of disrespecting someone specifically and parents arent the only rule makers around

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   

again your definition of a real family is your family. and what do you mean about women rights and women in the work place?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Your last comment doesn't make sense, kids do what they want regardless (usually) of consequence, breaking rules is totally disrespectful, and as we are talking about children, most rules for them are supposed to come from the parents.

This is going a little off topic now, anyway the point is kids will do what they want because they can, and they don't care who they upset because of it! Teachers cannot discipline children anymore, and the kids bring this attitude back into the home! Parents can smack their kids as long as it doesn't leave a mark, yeah right! Society's constantly changing rules are pushing society into a realm of incredibility!

Discipline never did me any harm, in fact when I was caned in school (aged 9 or 10), i think it probably gave me something to reflect on if i thought about getting into more trouble, and I also respected the headmaster who caned me... strangely enough?

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   

I am a kid and i stay inline, not because i know i will be punished and not because im good all the time, because im not a fool who disreguards authority, i know kids who break rule to disrespect there parents aswell as people who break the rules and disrespect there parents and all variations between, fact is not every kid wants to be a delinquent and only those inspired to do so... do so

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   

im glad somone like you agrees with skyfloatings mentality.... Your behavior makes the case for the stupidity of your parents.

I pity you and all those who you constantly disapoint.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ECWSANDMAN13

Disrespecting your parents is going out of your way to show them no love and no respect rulebreaking is fun

Being bipolar as well as having ADHD is a recipe for troublemaking, it's not being snotty, it's acting out because of the harsh cards you were dealt with.
I don't expect normal people to understand.

If I had been raised by two lesbians I would consider their choice to bring me into a family with two mothers disrespectful, I wouldn't respect them or their choice since that choice deprived me of the chance of having a father.
Not having the father and son talk, not having a real male role model to turn to instead of some close friend of the family.. nothing would fulfill that void.
I would have moved out as soon as possible and then cut off all contact.

They made a choice to get a kid fulfilling their wishes not thinkin' about the possible mental anguish their child could suffer from.

I know from having a distant father(because of depression) that not having a role model there for you can be crippling, it can have you running in circles confused not knowing what to do, looking for role models in the wrong places.

I know all about it, I have the sun in the twelfth house:

www.merrynjose.com...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Id wrather have 2 mothers than a # dad. my dad is a horrible role model and my mom is the best role model i have! I was suicidally depressed for 2 years for various reasons and my mom was the one who gave a damn and i could confide in while my dad was just a leach, i am just fine with having my mom be the rolemodel and my dad being nothing more than my dad.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join