It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of lesbian couples do well

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

So you fought Sexism with Sexism?
And you are still stuck in the mire in the end. This is why I didn't even comment on her statement.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Point out the sexism please.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Doesn't anyone find it alarming that it's considered normal to be gay or lesbian now?

What about the media campaign to shove this viewpoint down people's throats?

The increase in sexism, 90% divorce rate, marriage problems?

I find it very alarming, and it almost seems like some powerful organization, is pushing a psychological war it seems. This war reeks of feminist ideology, and I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit, if some radical feminists had something to do with it.

The urgency of this situation cannot be overstated. Specifically, the normality in which gay and lesbian relationships enjoy. For what happens when you love the same sex, is suddenly, the other sex becomes obsolete, you don't need them any longer. This is why normalization of same sex couples is so dangerous. I believe it needs to be seen as a disorder, not something we teach our kids as normal.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by sliceNodice]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Homosexual family study from San Francisco (
) which involved only 77 families

That’s all I needed to read.

FAIL!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Violater1]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
I would have liked to see what the kids think only.

It may not be what you think.
Stockholm syndrome may have warped the children minds to believing, that their perverse environment was normal.
It may take years of deprogramming and therapy, away from the source, in order for the children to think normally.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Feminists are crazy.. they don't have a cause any longer, at least not where I live. Here the movement for men's equality(that has been disparaged by feminists) are gaining more ground for every year.
Here in Sweden all they do is spew their bizarre ideas, wait.. they don't spew it, the MSM does, they're the establishment and the government and they're brainwashing the young generations beyond all rationality. They recently had a rally with speakers discussing the sexism of fly's(the ones you find on jeans), how it's sexist that the fly's are located on the front of the pants instead of directly under/between the legs.

Oh, and they don't believe in any differences between the brains of males and females.

The idea that there exists qualities and behaviours that has its roots in man being a biological being, an animal among all others is dismissed with a disdainful snort by the gender theorists.

Anyway, this is kind of off-topic so I'll refrain from posting again unless someone replies to one of my posts.

I guess I'll put this here too so I don't have to make another post:

precedings.nature.com...

Being aware of the variance in IQ of men is not being sexist, it's being realistic. I'd know that even without the studies just by living in this world.
Saying women usually have a hard time controlling their feelings isn't sexist either, men know it, women know it. Nobody's denying it.. That's generally speaking just in case someone feels the need to pull out the tired 'not everybody is the same' card.

Let's see, what else could be interpreted as sexist.. guys are physically superior, no need to adress that.
Looking at my post now I will conceed that my "women are generally mediocre in comparison" comment could be seen as sexist. It was a little harsh. I don't know how to put it.. We're not better because of it, like I said we produce tenfold more idiots too. It's just the way things are, it's the way it works courtesy of evolution, having it any other way might have been disasterous for our species.
Women are great at other things. I know it because I know how women think, I sort of think the same way myself, I've got some hybrid type brain. One of my best friends is a tomboy.. she knows I understand women and when guys in our environment do typically stupid male things we'll just give each other a glance of understanding and snicker.

I'm very far from being a male chauvinist, they're usually one of the surplus idiots.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I don't even see why there's an article. I don't see why they would do any different to regular kids. But i'm not one of those judgemental folk.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
Doesn't anyone find it alarming that it's considered normal to be gay or lesbian now?

Considered normal? It IS normal in so many places... Ever been to San Francisco? Pretty normal there... how about NYC? Normal there as well... DC? I had more lesbian friends in DC then any other time.... and then there is Altanta... yep, lots of gay friends.

You know where it wasn't normal? Back home in Ohio on the farm... it wasn't considered normal there at all... but then again, that place was stuck in the 40's and most people born there never leave... so it's to be expected.

What about the media campaign to shove this viewpoint down people's throats?

What do you mean shove down someones throats? As much as heterosexuality is shoved down our throats? Did you see the MTV Movie Awards last night? Nothing but heterosexuality... well and a couple of gay/lesbian moments as well...

the point is.. that sexuality is part of our society... in any kind.

The increase in sexism, 90% divorce rate, marriage problems?

What? 90% divorce rate? Marriage problems?

The divorce rate is currently less than 50%... it is considered to have stabilized over the past 20 years.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   
I agree that any kind of couple between same sex, different sex, different race, same race, etc can all be good good parents it just boils down to who is fit to raise a child I.E. idiocracy

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
I don't have much experience but I knew a guy in high school. Him and his brother were raised by lesbians. They were into the heavy piercing and tattoo stuff but I haven't heard from them since. I was raised with heterosexual parents, and I was (at one time) big into piercing and tattoos. Thing is, with lesbian couples (not lipstick but actual lesbians) you are going to have a butch and a b*tch. In the end it is probably better that they just have two parent figures instead of one. I would think it would be positive to be raised by two mothers anyday instead of one mother and wondering where my father was.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

I think the way the world is going, if a child is brought up with two parents at home (regardless of sex) it has to be better than one...

There are way to many children living with one parent...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the one desired by women-Dan11.37

In that day seven women will take hold of one man and say, "We will eat our own food and provide our own clothes; only let us be called by your name. Take away our disgrace!"-Is4.1

From the throne came flashes of lightning, rumblings and peals of thunder. Before the throne, seven lamps were blazing. These are the seven spirits of God.-Rev4.5

it is not the natural children who are God's children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham's offspring.-Rom9.8

For it is we who are the circumcision, we who worship by the Spirit of God, who glory in Christ Jesus-Phil3.3

the fruit of lips that confess his name.-Heb13.15

But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.-1Cor12.24

so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others-Rom12.5

"In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence.-Dan7.13

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Well I tolerate homosexuals. I have had many friends both male and female that were.
Fact is I still see it as a condition that is not normal.

I know I'll get flamed but that is my belief....

Lets face it, if it was the norm and everyone was like that,
there would be no people...Same sex can not reproduce......period...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
It's not propaganda.

Sure it's a lesbian doing a study about lesbians, but that doesn't mean they falsified information or any sort of thing like that.

I'm sure it's been peer reviewed.

Im fine with children of lesbians being psychologically healthy. However, anyone who has kept some of their impartiality will see just how biased the article is. One examples:

In fact, lesbian mothers rated their 17-year-olds higher in social and academic skills, and lower in rule-breaking and aggression, than did mothers of teenagers who also had a father.

"Lesbian mothers rated". Its not scientists that rated fathered children "more agressive", but lesbian mothers. As if they would rate their own children any differently.

The conclusion that fathered children are prone to "breaking the rules" is without any merit. And even if it were so, isnt "breaking some rules" part of a childs natural development?

The crowds calling this paper "unbiased" must be themselves heavily biased.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by virgom129

Well I tolerate homosexuals. I have had many friends both male and female that were.
Fact is I still see it as a condition that is not normal.

I know I'll get flamed but that is my belief....

Lets face it, if it was the norm and everyone was like that,
there would be no people...Same sex can not reproduce......period...

Actualy scientists have done studies with combining 2 eggs and making a baby.

also what is normal? Ive seen parents that are straight who beat their children and homosexuals who have kids that if you werent told they had gay parents or seen it for yourself then you would never know! Its not like they raise there children gay (not to say that some dont try) most try to raise their children with an open mind rather than a hostile home environment that many "normal" households face

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ECWSANDMAN13

And I totally agree with everything you say but,

if from day one everyone was gay, where would we be????

Simple question I guess...

Like I said its just my opinion, everyone has one.
I'm not a gay basher or anything like that...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

i will but how about you try thinking of the world if in the beginning everyone was straight

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ECWSANDMAN13

What, no catholic priests and boyscout leaders???

But seriously, I dont get your point..That would mean normal families to me.
Mum, Dad, 2.7 kids and a dog named spot.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by virgom129

not the easiest way to illustrate my point... ok, first off there is a difference between child molesters and homosexuals. to the point, seeing it as if everyone were one or the other is vary vary naive. There is no definitive programing saying you should be one or the other and there is not a choice to be made by yourself (outside of punishing yourself for liking one and rewarding yourself for liking the other) what i mean is instead of taking one as normal and one as different try and look at it like one is your life and one is what you think someone elses is... im not saying your stupid or trying to insult you, please dont look at it like that im just trying to illustrate my point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join