It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of lesbian couples do well

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Children of lesbian couples do well

www.msnbc.msn.com

Being raised by a same-sex couple is no hindrance to healthy psychological development, researchers say as the first generation of children conceived by lesbians through donor insemination is coming of age.

Dr. Nanette Gartrell of the University of California, San Francisco, who started the so-called US National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study in 1986......is in a same-sex partnership.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
pediatrics.aappublications.org
www.nllfs.org

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Talk about a biased study! I guess the sponsor should have been a childless eunuch to give the study some balance.

It is not surprising in the society we live in today that these children are less aggressive and had fewer social problems. Just look at what this society has done to the image of men and fathers in the last 40 years.

I'm sure these kids will make good little widgets. But is that what is best for them, or the rest of us?

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Even though this is propaganda its good with me.

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
It's not propaganda.

Sure it's a lesbian doing a study about lesbians, but that doesn't mean they falsified information or any sort of thing like that.

I'm sure it's been peer reviewed. I agree it's biased however.

In any case I know this to be true. My best friends are a lesbian couple who have raised several foster children from really bad homes into wonderful members of society.

Same goes with my children, raised in a same sex environment, all perfectly normal and perfectly productive.

~Keper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
The study was published in the Journal of Pediatrics, very proffessional and very respected.

A fine quote from the article for those who would disagree:

"There is not a single study that has shown there are any problems in terms of psychological adjustment" of the child, she said. "The things we know that make for good parenting are love, resources and being very involved in your child's life."

~Keeper

[edit on 6/7/2010 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
that's nice i mean alot of kids have no parents or are living with abusive parents

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
In the study, the parents rated the children, and the children rated themselves via an online survey. That's hardly clinical. Its rose tinted glasses and love conquers all until these kids become adults out in the real world and need to be a little aggressive and cause some social problems sometimes. The status quo is pretty messed up these days, if you haven't noticed.

That's when the proof of life for this study will come. My concern is these kids will be cannon fodder.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Icarus Rising]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Why would it be bad? I mean, i'm in a lesbian relationship since 6 years and even though before i never thought about something like that it is the best thing that happened to me. I love my girlfriend more than anything else.

Why would people think that children would suffer?
I mean, it all depends on the parents, good parents, bad parents, there are straight families where for example the father abuse the children, there are (please note: it's just an example) islamic straight families where the children get hurt by their parents because they think the children aren't islamic enough....there are all kind of bad things happen in the so called "normal" families, that of course can also happen in homosexual families, but also like normal straight families can be loving and good, can homosexual ones.

The problem comes down to the fact that there is still to much hate against homosexual couples and families. I mean i have received a lot of death treats just because i love a girl, there are people who think it is wrong and that i need to die....

I don't think there's a difference between a straight family and a homosexual one, the childs won't suffer as long as the people are caring for the child
(And the myth that children who grow up in a homosexual relationship become homosexual themself is nothing more then absolute bull#!)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Even though i want to see a world with only 1 gender and am pleased about this study i think they do not publish anything anti this.

Thats what i mean.

1 day there will be only 1 gender i reckon, and thats neither female or male.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Icarus Rising

Yes, but it was done with almost 900 different people. How else would you have done the study?

Is there another "scientific" way of doing so?

It's the same way any other study of the same design would be done.

Also kids of same sex couples are twice as likely to be bullied in school because of the social stigma of homosexuality.

They learn acceptance and learn to NOT fear who they are, or to not care about what other people think. At least that's how my kids were raised.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising
My concern is these kids will be cannon fodder.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Icarus Rising]

Why?

Hell, I live in Alabama of all places and went to school with a few kids that had lesbian moms, and nothing was ever said of it, it was just 'oh, ok'. It's a generational thing, what was unthinkable 20 years ago is tolerated now, mostly it's not even talked about or noticed, it's nothing.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Uniceft17]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I would expect clinical observation and a control group type study. But that is just me. This seems like the parents and children were allowed to pick their own results without an outside evaluation based on quantified behavior criteria.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Also kids of same sex couples are twice as likely to be bullied in school because of the social stigma of homosexuality.

In todays society you can get bullied for all kind of things, basically if your not the most mainstream, streamlined human being, who follows all trends, you get bulliet just because you're different.
It's nost just because you're homosexual, have homosexual parents, you can get bullied for your clothes, your interests, your behaviour, everything.
I mean as a girl in school i got all kind of stupid comments from the other girls because i didn't play with barbie but rather with Lego (i always liked it because it's more creative than some stupid dolls). Imagine that!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Icarus Rising

I would expect clinical observation and a control group type study. But that is just me. This seems like the parents and children were allowed to pick their own results without an outside evaluation based on quantified behavior criteria.

Which technically is quantified behaviour criteria. There's a reason they made it this way versus clinical. Clinical studies do provide bias answers as well you know.

This sort of thing is more personal, you don't need to put kids and parents in a clinical setting for them to answer a simple questionaire truthfully.

I would even think that the chilren would have answered more truthfully than their parents as there's always that " my kids are perfect" attitude among any parents.

Either way it's as scientific as the other. The only differnece is location. I'm also fairly certain that the questionaire would have been built around the fact that they were doing it in the home setting.

Also setting a number of participants, is also called a controlled group...

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My sister is raising her child, my niece, with her wife and the kid is AMAZINGLY well off because of it.

Very well adjusted and things have only improved since she got a 2nd mum.

As for cannon fodder? THis kid takes rubbish from no-one. SHe is a no-nonsense little thing but with a heart of gold. No cannon fodder here.

So long as the parents are good people and good parents and teach the child as per any parents then it doesnt matter the sexual preference of the parents

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Dr. Nanette Gartrell of the University of California, San Francisco, who started the so-called US National Longitudinal Lesbian Family Study in 1986......is in a same-sex partnership.

Lol, not bias at all..... and by what standards? I hope not San Fan standards since that city is from another planet.

But on the good side, I'm sure that any relationship of two people is better than a single working parent since there will be more involvement with the children.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

By control group I meant an equal number of "conventional" families. Though that may have been skewed as well because of the society we live in today. I would almost go so far as to say a same sex family gets more preference than a "conventional" one, with single mothers leading the pack. Our society today, imo, is bent on removing men as head of household and replacing them with the state. This study falls right in line with that trend. God help us all when they succeed.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
The wife, until recently, used to care for a lesbian couples' 2-4 old child...

And the wife cares for many children BTW...

AND she rarely talks about her work;

A few months ago she talked about a lesbian couples' kid and that they seemed to have the deepest seated psychological problems.

The wife, knowing the parents, attributed most of the behavior issues towards the parents and lifestyle. The wife is very impartial and very much a woman.

If that couple was involved in ANY study PROMOTING the results of their lifestyle choices, I'm sure that they would love to put their best foot forward and claim Best All Around Child-Rearing... That's not the case though.

My perception of a teenager (raised by lezbianz) taking an online psych poll would certainly produce the most wishy washy of responses.

Women cannot take the place of a man in the house... No matter how butch, women aren't DESIGNED, psychologically, or physically (heh obvious, I hope), to be men.

Wishy washy kids (and apathetic adults) is certainly a NWO agenda.

Jellyfish! Call them SQUISHY!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
All these claims of bias - rubbish.

If a heterosexual person in a family unit with a mum and a dad performs a study on a 'normal' family structure with a mum and dad, is that study bias???

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Of course these kids do well, and it does not surprise me at all. Females are the superior of the sexes in all ways, but especially child rearing.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join