It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico 'mass grave' has 77 bodies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Mexico 'mass grave' has 77 bodies

news.bbc.co.uk

Mexican police say 77 bodies have been recovered from an abandoned mine that appears to have been used as a mass grave by drugs gangs.

Human remains were first discovered in the silver mine at Taxco in Guerrero state a week ago.

The bodies appeared to have been thrown down a 200m (650ft) ventilation shaft over a period of time, police said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This is just breaking and the story contains limited details but we're sure to hear more soon.

I just hope the people who were thrown down the hole were dead beforehand, but knowing the way of the world, anything is possible.

Why does the report feel the need to use the plural of 'gang'?
Are they assuming that this mine was known about by many other gangs or is there evidence to suggest this is so... or is the BBC aware of something else? A bit like reporting WTC 7 collapsing when it actually hadn't.

After a week, this news just starts to emerge, although not earth shattering, it's amazing how it differs from a WW2 mass grave, or similar.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

I am not afraid of those little brown people.-Jesse Ventura

[edit on 7-6-2010 by RRokkyy]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Perhaps he needs to put his butt on border patrol!

Anyway, this seems to be happening with more frequency. What the hell is the Mexican government going to do about it?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Here's another good one, near Cancun...it's AP, no writer listed here, the link is to the Houston Chronicle of June 7 2010...

6 bodies found in cave, 3 with hearts cut out

CANCUN, Mexico — Police discovered six dead bodies in a cavern near the tourist resort of Cancun on Sunday, three of them cut open and their hearts removed.

Authorities are investigating the identities of the four men and two women found dead in the natural cave, said Francisco Alor, the Quintana Roo state attorney general.

“They were apparently tortured and their chests were opened to remove the hearts,” Alor's office said later in a statement.

Three of the bodies had the letter “Z” carved on their abdomens — a possible reference to the Zeta drug gang, though officials did not make an explicit connection to cartel violence that has plagued many parts of Mexico.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Am I detecting a theme here, with mines, caves etc. lleno de difuntos?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

I am so glad that the Mexican authorities are on top of this.... whoops, I almost forgot this from February.

www.cnn.com...

MEXICO CITY, Mexico (CNN) -- The police chief in Cancún has been relieved of his duties and placed under house arrest while he is investigated in the killing of a retired Mexican general who had been the area's anti-drug chief for less than 24 hours, Mexican media are reporting.

I guess "business as usual" is not just the national motto, but the SOP. And it's coming to the good ole U.S.A., very soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Sucks that all those people probably just owed money for drugs. Bet they never thought they'd get got over a few grams of heroin. I bet if there where any known caves up here in the states they'd probably find the same thing as this drug violence has no borders.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Originally posted by RRokkyy

Perhaps he needs to put his butt on border patrol!

Anyway, this seems to be happening with more frequency. What the hell is the Mexican government going to do about it?

It seems like all they are good for are getting shot up by the cartels now a days. They need to do something drastic to get control of these scumbag cartels.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Gee, sure is a good thing we have drug prohibition. There aren't any obvious parallels to another period in time when a substance was prohibited which didn't do much more than give violent gangs a steady flow of cash.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel
Here's another good one, near Cancun...it's AP, no writer listed here, the link is to the Houston Chronicle of June 7 2010...

6 bodies found in cave, 3 with hearts cut out

CANCUN, Mexico — Police discovered six dead bodies in a cavern near the tourist resort of Cancun on Sunday, three of them cut open and their hearts removed.

Authorities are investigating the identities of the four men and two women found dead in the natural cave, said Francisco Alor, the Quintana Roo state attorney general.

“They were apparently tortured and their chests were opened to remove the hearts,” Alor's office said later in a statement.

Three of the bodies had the letter “Z” carved on their abdomens — a possible reference to the Zeta drug gang, though officials did not make an explicit connection to cartel violence that has plagued many parts of Mexico.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Am I detecting a theme here, with mines, caves etc. lleno de difuntos?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

Yea I saw this article. All of the things going on in Mexico are insane. It really isn't the safest time to visit that place. I think they should legalize drugs and have the government regulate it. That would eliminate some of the violence.

new topics

top topics

join