It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA to discuss Israel 'nuke program'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

IAEA to discuss Israel 'nuke program'

presstv.ir

The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) has begun a seven-day meeting to discuss a range of issues including Israel's nuclear arsenal.

The UN atomic body chief, Yukiya Amano, opened the meeting in Vienna on Monday.

Israel has been under international pressure since the conference to review the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) urged Tel Aviv to sign the pact and place all its nuclear facilities under IAEA inspections
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So they are pushing Israel very hard to disclose their nuclear program and allow inspections, like any other country should and has to do.

I don't understand how Israel can be critical of Iran for refusing the same thing it does on a daily basis.

Although I'm sure the US will come to the rescue and remove any such political pressure, at least they are moving in the right direction.

Thoughts?

~Keeper

presstv.ir
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I wonder why Israel holds that much to its nuclear power... Actually except Palestine the country hasn't many declared opponents (even if of course all Arabic countries aren't very keen on them).

I would be glad to see them try the atomic bomb on Palestine as it's (approximately) at he heart of Israel. !

Anyway you're right, in my opinion Europe, USA and their fellows are incredibly hypocritical concerning the Iran situation. They are all focusing our attention on them when almost all big members of the UNO don't have any stockroom big enough to hide theirs...

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by DAMOo

You must be new because everyone hates Israel. They are also not signets of the npt, they didn't agree to the same rules as others.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Yes but we did. So why can't we hold Israel to account just as we've done with Iran and Iraq and North Korea? I see no valid reason non signatories of the NPT should have the ability to posses and proliferate nuclear weapons when almost all major powers are signatories.

The IAEA and Security council mandate is strong enough to handle punishing Israel for non compliance, via sanctions or reduction of aid, just as we've done with North Korea and Iran and Iraq in the past. And I assume we'll be doing with Burma.

I didn't have a problem with our dealings with other nations on the assumption they did have WMD, or were developing them. So I don't see a problem with us doing it to Israel, as it is non compliant.

I don't think it's a matter of hating Israel. But rather seeming to show favouritism for them or some kind of biased. All non compliant nations should get the same treatment in my view.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
I don't think most people get it. Israel is the little brother of the US. They don't fall under sanctions, or EU, or NATO, even if those groups think they do. It's the US and Israel, hand in hand. They pretty much have a blank check and clean conscious to do whatever they please. It's not right and it's not perfect, but that is indeed the way it is.

The rush to condemn Israel rather than defend it is fairly new in the scheme of things, at least the fact that word has been getting around about the negative aspects in the media much more freely(somewhat thanks to the internet), but this still won't change anything, we protest and whine all the time in our own country and nothing changes, why should we expect anything to change for Israel?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by whoshotJR

Who is everyone exactly? Do you mean everyone on ATS?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by FrostForests

People are fed-up because the US and Israel try to sell their people war with Iran, or North Korea, or any other such country.. on the grounds that they are "hiding nukes or similar weapons of mass destruction", or they don't bend over backwards every time an inspection is demanded.

In fact, that is why we went to war with Iraq. That was the only reason. We were told they were hiding nuclear weapons and general weapons of mass destruction and no longer complied with inspections.

Meanwhile, Israel is the only country to outright deny inspection, and will not allow the rest of the world to even have a damn clue as to what they are sitting on.

What a joke, unbelievably crooked and deceptive. By the world's standards, Israel should have been sanctioned by now and if they didn't comply they would have been invaded and destroyed. That's how the world has been doing business with this sort of issue lately, anyway.

I'm not an anti-semite, I'm really not. I don't care where people are from, the only issues I have are, if you want to be enforce the rules, you have to follow the same rules. Integrity, or get the hell out of here. It's just so simple. I mean seriously, why will they not comply to proper inspections? Why? What are they hiding, what are they trying to prove?

This is one of the biggest red flags of the 21st century, and no one seems to really give a #.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by SyphonX]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I think the fact they tried to sell nukes to South Africa, another apartheid country ( that my country fought hard to change ) is reason enough to not trust them. www.guardian.co.uk...

Hell some politicians in South Africa only wanted them to blackmail the rest of the world into letting the racist regime stay in power. They were not for defensive reasons.

Sound familiar ?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

People are fed-up because the US and Israel try to sell their people war with Iran, or North Korea, or any other such country.. on the grounds that they are "hiding nukes or similar weapons of mass destruction", or they don't bend over backwards every time an inspection is demanded.

In fact, that is why we went to war with Iraq. That was the only reason. We were told they were hiding nuclear weapons and general weapons of mass destruction and no longer complied with inspections.

Meanwhile, Israel is the only country to outright deny inspection, and will not allow the rest of the world to even have a damn clue as to what they are sitting on.

What a joke, unbelievably crooked and deceptive. By the world's standards, Israel should have been sanctioned by now and if they didn't comply they would have been invaded and destroyed. That's how the world has been doing business with this sort of issue lately, anyway.

I don't disagree with these points, they are valid. Here is my issue, what are we going to do about it? What can we do about it? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. All we can do is bitch and moan about it. They are very much like the US, only an iron fisted, zealous version even in modern day.

Do we allow other countries, NATO or EU to inspect our nuclear weapons? (I really don't know, imagine not though).

[edit on 8-6-2010 by FrostForests]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

I'm not an anti-semite, I'm really not. I don't care where people are from, the only issues I have are, if you want to be enforce the rules, you have to follow the same rules. Integrity, or get the hell out of here. It's just so simple. I mean seriously, why will they not comply to proper inspections? Why? What are they hiding, what are they trying to prove?

This is one of the biggest red flags of the 21st century, and no one seems to really give a #.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by SyphonX]

They are hiding one of the most advanced arsenals in the world, which they got from us. Nuclear, biological, you name it, they have it, including a bit of our ultra secret stuff no doubt.

What they are trying to prove is that they are a superpower, and won't take it any other way. Look as Israel throughout it's history, have you ever seen such an openly aggressive defense, massive military for population, threats of massive proportion, control of a people, outright righteousness that is beyond question to themselves...yes you have, you have seen it before, with a different spin on it.

We consider the US, China and Russia to be modern superpowers, but make no mistake, in the middle east, even compared to Turkey, Pakistan, India, Israel is holding more chips than any of them.

Edit-I'd also like to note that Israel has the power of the term Anti Semite, which is immediately brought up anytime a word against Jews or their actions, or policies is said. Very powerful in the US, just as much as the term racist, and possibly more powerful..if you're a racist, you are a uncivilized bigot, if you are an anti Semite, you're a nazi, pure evil in the eyes of history.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests

Edit-I'd also like to note that Israel has the power of the term Anti Semite, which is immediately brought up anytime a word against Jews or their actions, or policies is said. Very powerful in the US, just as much as the term racist, and possibly more powerful..if you're a racist, you are a uncivilized bigot, if you are an anti Semite, you're a nazi, pure evil in the eyes of history.

You got that right, I couldn't have said it better.

Even though I've got to say that I really don't like Israel policy (one country among others), I got no opinion about Jews. I think that what molded their opinions and nature and lead to their current actions is mostly a matter of history and politics, and less of religion.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 04:22 AM
link   
IAEA to discuss Israel 'nuke program',

does it really matter, and what will be the outcome.... nothing!

Israel will not play ball with any nuclear inspection, so the rest of the world can say what they want, have meetings, discussions etc and for what.... nothing!

If Israel are criticized, what will they do, stick their two fingers up against the world... again ..... and start screaming about security and what happened to them under the Nazi's! What will happen.... nothing!

Israel can do what they want, and they know it, they can even murder unarmed aid workers in international waters and not be held to account for it.... what has happened.... harsh words and criticism.... ooh Israel must be crapping themselves!

Who's going to beat up the world's bully, no-one, why, 'cos it's got a big brother bully to protect it.... USA!

Peace

new topics

top topics

join