It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who's with you if the SHTF?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong , But are you talking about becoming looters or protecting yourself from looters?
There will be three types when TSHTF Sheep, wolves and sheepdogs.
Some planning now could keep you from becoming a wolf.

yes, a ruthless tribe of cut throats.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by da elohim

Forgive me if I'm reading this wrong , But are you talking about becoming looters or protecting yourself from looters?

Well thanks for the warning, I'm off to buy more ammo.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Velocity

You may have a point there about our military being hesitant to do anything to a U.S. citizen but I'm sure someone has thought of that and that's why they would more than likely use Chinese NATO troops, they wouldn't hesitate to put a bullet in an American. You also threw out alot of numbers there that still don't support what you originally said. You said you knew your building well and could defend it. Am I to believe now if a battalion of soldiers rolled into your neighborhood, that you have better weapons than M1 Abrahms tanks, M3Bradlys, etc, etc, and can fight off a battalion of tankers or mobile infantry? Oh, wait. Silly me, of course one guy can do that. Nevermind, my bad.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
You are so correct in the direction your mind is taking you. TRIBEABLE mentality is the correct path.
Wisdom from the elders, Strenght from the young adults, and longevity of purpose from the young. Community from the whole.
The one thing that I still struggle with is the concept of " Doing that which is necessary". Seen the movie "Defiance", based on the true story of Jews hiding in the woods from the Nazis-"sould have killed the milkman" Killing of the inocent to protect the "tribe" will be difficult, but necessary.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by da elohim

Women, Children and out of shape males will get you killed. What you describe sounds more like a hippie commune than a shtf gang of ruthless killers that will be the people that survive.

Mobility is the secret to survival. Those hunkering down will be targets for the real survivalists. It'll be fun!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by whaaa]

One thing i learned as a business man was you can use anyone willing to work.
Even if its just hiding on a trail and giving warning.

Even the disabled can be of use if they have skills.

And the larger skill base in your group the better.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED

Originally posted by whaaa
reply to post by da elohim

Women, Children and out of shape males will get you killed. What you describe sounds more like a hippie commune than a shtf gang of ruthless killers that will be the people that survive.

Mobility is the secret to survival. Those hunkering down will be targets for the real survivalists. It'll be fun!

One thing i learned as a business man was you can use anyone willing to work.

I too am a business man and when the shtf scenario begins; it won't be business as usual. It will be survival of the fittest and the weak will be sacrificed in one way or another. Hunger and fear will be the operating system; not profit and loss.

The living will envy the dead!

[edit on 9-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I don't know if this is frowned upon or not, but I'm going to mention a youtube member who has a lot of videos I really like on SHTF, martial law, NWO, weapons, supplies, etc. His username is MrLockandLoad and he has a really nice channel.
Just throwing that out there in case it helps anyone.

Back to the topic at hand.
It'll be (in order of age) myself, my best friend if she will come, at least one cousin (but possibly three), my two brothers, and my two nieces. Any other family members are welcome, but they haven't listened when I've told them they need to be prepared...
I think we will do okay until people start leaving the major cities, because I live on a farm seven miles as the crow flies outside of a very small town.

Anyone know of a good army surplus store in Missouri that sells military-grade weaponry? Unless I loot someone (which I don't want to do at all) I don't have access to anything other than hunting rifles, shotguns, and handguns.

Thanks for the thread!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Best stay off the trails, they will be traveled and you will find ambush and other dangers. Always think of how not to be detected.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I have no one on my team. My family and I will likly become meat for what ever pack of wolves. Anybody around Apple Valley we could stay
in touch with? Sheep dogs?

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   
I could easily see a situation of having between 20 and 30 people in my group depending on how the given situation would unfold. I'd say a bit more then ideal but still pretty good numbers in my opinion for most situations given the skill sets available.

Again it comes down to the given situation. If you where looking to face an invading army and all that you cared about was long term survival id say 3-5 would be ideal. Going solo in any lawless situation is a bad idea at best, and a good way to get yourself killed.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:53 PM
link   
There is only one person I absoltely trust with my life plus maybe 2 other people so that makes 4.

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
So to sum it up in my opinion i will be relying on my Family, where we already have a semblance of hierarchy and mutual respect and most importantly LOVE.

thanks for the post !

~meathead

Family and only a few of the closest friends is the only way to go. For exactly the reasons above. There is nothing more important than family...especially in these days and times.

I have actually had this conversation with my imediate family and a few friends. We are all pretty much on the same page. We have a secluded place to retreat to and fortify along with a loose plan to get there. Crazy to talk about but important to talk about as well.

We have 2 medical professionals and we uhm..lets just say we can protect ourselves. I figure we can make it on or own until things start to come back on line. Once theres some kind of stability, we've got plenty of skills to barter with and should be able to eek out a decent existance.

I agree about the mobility thing...but you have to have a base of operations IMHO. I still thinkn that older people have their place but they must know that there may come a time that they must get cut loose. Children on the other hand, I will die for mine. If thats the case, so be it.

[edit on 6-8-2010 by Daytomann]

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowAngel85
If something really bad happens i kill myself, plain and simple.

EH, living in a SHTF scenerio isnt for everyone..LOL. JK..

Seriously, IMHO you owe it to the future to try to survive. Sure, your "just" a woman....blah blah. You have more power than you think.

Yes, you may be very an easy "target". But be realistic...not to sound too crass but all you have to do is find yourself a good "protector" or two (theres probably going to be a few lonely, but capable people out there) and offer up a skill that every woman has. Its worth alot, it can keep you alive and keep you safe. It may not be the fairy tale existance you always dreamed of but hey....Just saying.

LIVE WOMAN! LIVE!!!!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
There are two people up in Colorado who I would join as soon as a SHTF scenario seems imminent. They are both highly intelligent, creative, physically fit, and able to go long periods of time on minimal supplies. I would most definitely not take along women, children, or physically/emotionally/intellectually unfit people. Only the fittest among us will survive what's to be in the coming decades.

LOL! These comments always crack me up. Look, I'm all for "the strong survives" montra BUT..
Uhm, doesnt matter how fit you are... you do realize that uh...women and children will be very important to the survival of our species right? Might be a good idea to have a few tag along with you and the Super Gang in Colorado...they ARE worth the extra effort. BTW, There are some pretty highly intelligent, creative, physically fit women and children out there.

That is unless you and your buddies in Colorado can change the laws of nature......

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by DucTape

Originally posted by da elohim

Well thanks for the warning, I'm off to buy more ammo.

LOL!
Thanks those two posts have made my day.

If dudes are serious on here about joining the dark forces it only serves to show what a glorious and mad world this is.
The forces for 'good' and the 'american-way' of homesteadin' survival on the one side.
Us single-folks just trying to get by and survive any way we can, walking the line you might say.
Then the desperado's on the otherside, when you hear them openly state as such it's almost surreal. Like two different factions just tellin' it like it is

What a complex bunch of quirksters we survivalists are!

posted on Aug, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well folks, Each member of this household have been briefed to the potential events.
Each member has an assignment in the event of.
No matter where either member is at any givin time of such event.
Each has a set of directives to carry out before returning to the location that is set.
the Members of the household are whom of which we will ride out any such event of when SHTF.

Naturally, everything is business as usual every day until then.

Besides,... no such thing is going to happen anyway

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Well folks, Each member of this household have been briefed to the potential events.
Each member has an assignment in the event of.
No matter where either member is at any givin time of such event.
Each has a set of directives to carry out before returning to the location that is set.
the Members of the household are whom of which we will ride out any such event of when SHTF.

Naturally, everything is business as usual every day until then.

Besides,... no such thing is going to happen anyway

You certainly are an optimist and a survivalist / prepper!
A rare combination!

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WatchRider

shouldn't everyone be ready for something?
Maybe just us crazies are

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
i suppose it would depend on how it played out..
i'd like to slip out and head for my little home in the remote hills
of costa rica. farm country. a very co-op set up.
other wise i would be in phx and all bets would be off -
hunker down as look as feasible-see how bad crazy it gets..
see how bad crazy i get.
at 55, sort of crippled up-i aint runnin anywhere.
me and my shotgun, a set of bolt cutters.

posted on Aug, 7 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I think a few women and children would be an asset to a small group. There are many vital things that they can all do to assist in survival, and that will free up time for the men to hunt and build etc.

The big problem is that so many people are far too domesticated. They rely heavily on being supported by the system and the Government, and if that no longer exists, they will be in big trouble. Most of them will stay in their homes and wait for someone to save them.

These type of people could be a problem in a survival situation, as they will be completely dependant on others to survive.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join