It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is anybody just really tired of Israel and the Middle East

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Crap has been going on there for 60yrs and I am tired of hearing about them. Both sides are wrong and most people who get passionate about the topic never even went to Israel or the Gaza strip. I just don't even care. All I see is a bunch of politicians manipulating the sheep to fight and argue over refugees. If the Middle East brethren cared that much about the Palestinians they would accept them into their lands rather than shun them for example.

It is all a big game and chess board and it is annoying that everyone plays into the hands of the players. How can so many people HATE Israelis or Palestinians if you never actually lived amongst the people? They are people. They aren't representatives of extremists in their government. They are brainwashed, just like how most Americans were brainwashed to believe we had to go invade the Middle East to 'protect' ourselves when now most know that to be untrue.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrDarlingFace

How can so many people HATE Israelis or Palestinians if you never actually lived amongst the people?

I don't need to live amongst them to understand that both sides are tweaked in the head.

And once again, you can blame it on organized religion.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

This particular game of chess has many, many pawns.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
What's nice about the world we live in is that many things in life have an on/ off switch.
You radio has and off switch
your TV has an off switch
If you are tired of listening to the goings on in the Middle East... click
Your Problem is solved!!!
You can turn if off but you or anyone else will never stop it
Otherwise sit back and enjoy the ride... it's going to get real bumpy real fast.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
well said mate.
2 days ago we had a rally outside belfast city hall her in northern ireland supporting the palestinians and condemning israel for thier recent actions.
i walked past on my way to a mexican restaurant with my brother( we were going for some frozen margaritas). but i looked at the crowd, probably a few hundred people mostly white catholics, as they sympatize with palestine and see israel as they see the uk for occupying thier land.
myself, as a loyal ulster unionist, realised that no matter where you go in the world your always gonna get someone moaning about something. so i decided to turn my back and continue on my quest for margaritas.
i too am bored of listening to the middle easts problems.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulsterman
well said mate.
2 days ago we had a rally outside belfast city hall her in northern ireland supporting the palestinians and condemning israel for thier recent actions.
i walked past on my way to a mexican restaurant with my brother( we were going for some frozen margaritas). but i looked at the crowd, probably a few hundred people mostly white catholics, as they sympatize with palestine and see israel as they see the uk for occupying thier land.
myself, as a loyal ulster unionist, realised that no matter where you go in the world your always gonna get someone moaning about something. so i decided to turn my back and continue on my quest for margaritas.
i too am bored of listening to the middle easts problems.

You and I seem to have the same...um...feeling toward the matter. I've grown to be really apathetic. I'll leave the 'causes' to others. If everyone was as apathetic as I am then there would be no 'causes' to worry about as everyone would just leave each other alone.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccsct203
What's nice about the world we live in is that many things in life have an on/ off switch.
You radio has and off switch
your TV has an off switch
If you are tired of listening to the goings on in the Middle East... click
Your Problem is solved!!!
You can turn if off but you or anyone else will never stop it
Otherwise sit back and enjoy the ride... it's going to get real bumpy real fast.

This is like telling somebody that says they hate being sick with the flu they can always just kill themselves and won't have to worry about being sick. Why should I deprive myself of news just because I am tired of hearing about the Middle East?

By the way, it was supposed to get real bumpy fast for the past few decades. Minus a oil rising here and there and non stop pounding of the skirmishes that erupted, the world was not affected. You go wait for disaster and I'll go do something that is more useful. Like sleeping or drinking.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

spot on mate

theres no point worryin about whats out of our hands anyway

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by icyhot

I don't need to live amongst them to understand that both sides are tweaked in the head.

And once again, you can blame it on organized religion.

Both are tweaked in the head that is the point of my post. Organized religion is just a part of the problem. The rest is good old fashioned political manipulation.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I'm with you on being tired of hearing about it. I told one of my comrades in the department that if neither side could straighten up and play right, then neither one should have the land, so kick them both off and nuke it to dust and then some.

Last time I checked it was possible to talk to people of opposite religious polarities as long as you don't keep you listen then give constructive comments. Just saying that "because they are religious means they are tweaked" isn't right. It is deeper than religion that goes almost to tradition. People in the region have competed for scarce resources for hundreds of years, religions have come up yes, but before them there was still mass violence between different tribes. I'm really tired of people pulling the "oh it's because they of different religions" card. It may be an impactor but it it isn't the root of the problem. Not to mention that if someone would sit down and smack both sides of this issue with their respective religious texts some sense might get knocked into them. The Islamic text says that people of the Book (meaning the first 5 books of the Old Testament for Christians for example) are to be respected and treated peacefully.

But no one does. They just listen to the rhetoric and ignore the fact that both sides are human beings with red blood and souls just like them.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Sabra: means thorny on the outside, sweat on the inside.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   

I was under the impression that crap has been going on over there for thousands of years.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
tired of the repetitive blunt force trauma of megaphone
tired of hoping for reason
tired of reading how aipac controls my democratic process
sick and tire of waking up sick and tired...

say, got any beer in the fridge?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by KrispyB

I was under the impression that crap has been going on over there for thousands of years.

Yeah but I wasn't on this earth for thousands of years.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrDarlingFace

Main reason why we are talking oh so much about them, is not because they've been at war for 60 years, because they've been at war for 2,010 years and finally they have nuclear capabilities.

So to answer your question, There is so much talk about the middle east and Israel because there is a strong possibility this situation can result in the genocide of a entire race. (with Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Turkey sitting in the background waiting for a chance to strike Israel)

ATS isn't all flowers and sugar. If you want recipes on how to make cookies, try BTS.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by BiGGz]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiGGz

Originally posted by MrDarlingFace

Main reason why we are talking oh so much about them, is not because they've been at war for 60 years, because they've been at war for 2,010 years and finally they have nuclear capabilities.

So to answer your question, There is so much talk about the middle east and Israel because there is a strong possibility this situation can result in the genocide of a entire race. (with Iran, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan and Turkey sitting in the background waiting for a chance to strike Israel)

ATS isn't all flowers and sugar. If you want recipes on how to make cookies, try BTS.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by BiGGz]

Wow did you specifically edit your post so you could add that last piece of BS tid bit at the end>

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Well, we gave Bush our approval to go into Iraq, which was a mistake. So let's right our wrongs and turn the whole middle east into glass. A world without a _______ (you fill in the blank) is like a day with sunshine. Mecha Lecha High Mecha Hiney Ho! It's done!

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by icyhot

well, JUST like the WHOLE US is tweaked in the head for supporting the killing of children and people in these many illegal wars the US is involved in

same thing ..., we should end any type of military conflict, otherwise we wont evolve

top topics

join