US reporter Helen Thomas quits over Israel comments

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by yellowcard
I think we should give Texas back to Mexico, Manhattan back to the Indians, and Syria back to Russia, it's only fair people.

You are correct
However those were different times whereas many here were alive in 1948.

People who's generation was in the late 40s are still alive today.

"Different times" is no excuse (sarcasm), do you not think 1948 was "different times?" I believe you have fallen victim to present-ism. If you said all blacks go back to Africa, or all Mexicans go back to Mexico you'd be called a racist. Arizona passed a law (which I agree with at first, but no see is open to far too much abuse) just enforcing an immigration law and Helen Thomas probably thought that was racism. But tell the Jews to go back to Poland...well that's respectable. There are some people here who are blatantly anti-Jewish...but that's not to say that criticizing Israel makes you racist, that's nonsense. However, if you look at some of the comments here, they are so obviously fueled by anti-Jewish sentiments.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

True to some extent, but most Israeli's aren't trying to wipe out Palestinian's. Is it really necessary to declare that all Israeli's should leave even though most have lived there all of their lives and have nothing directly to do with their governments actions.

If we are going to blame civilians, then why don't we begin with blaming American's for 700 dead children in Pakistan and dozens in Yemen over the past 2 years. If it's not logical to associate blame for these deaths on American civilians, then why wish to persecute Israeli civilians for the crimes of their govt./regime? Especially when they're also victims of rocket attacks from Hamas/Hezbollah.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by john124]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

right...you don't take sides, clearly..

You say "kill" I say self defense.

Let Mexico drop some scuds into your front yard and see how you react.

Hypocrisy runs rampant.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Just Wondering]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I became what political correct speech mongers label as antisemite during the iran contra scandal.

When jews were secretly arming muslims, panama, and it was proven jews backed by cia were importing drugs into the united states.

It only furthered proved the stereotype for jews to be correct. They will do anything for the right price. they will arm their own enemies and bring drugs to the united states if the price is right.

I have no respect for them, and Helen Thomas was 100% correct in what she said.

Problem is this past decade what I call idiots have been pushing "political correctness" down everyone's throat which is only to censor and condemn free thinkers and speech of any form.

So Helen Thomas states her opinion on a 100% truthful matter and of course it's not politically correct according to Jewmedia. And of course Jewmedia will give you the boot if you do not think like them, and do what they say and further their agenda.

Anyone that goes against Jews, criticizes Jews, disagrees with Jews, dislikes Jews, or anyone that don't care what is going on with Jews at all are all labeled antisemite by the political correctness monger morons as I call them.

I'm not a huge fan of Helen Thomas but her getting the boot is criminal. It's thought police, the thought police as called in the book '1984' are what today is "political correctness".

To hell with political correct speech and the political correct mongers who label someone a bigot cause they do not like something, someone, etc. Preference is not racism. But the political correct mongers will label anyone that don't think like them as such.

This is just another win for the Jewmedia, and only proves the stereotypes of Jews is not a stereotype but a truth.

Jews try their damnedest to piss everyone off, but if someone vocally discusses their anger then the herd and pro political correct crowd screams antisemite!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

That's true, but do you think Helen was talking about the civilians or about the people who are causing the trouble? I think it's the latter. She was asked about "Israel", not just a general question and not about Jews. I don't think she "hates" Jews at all, I think she wants peace. In fact, she didn't mention "Jews" at all. That's just what the media wants us to get all riled about.

[edit on 6/7/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by john124
True to some extent, but most Jews aren't trying to wipe out Palestinian's.

And that's why being against israeli policy is not anti-semitic
might you have just proven yourself wrong?

Is it really necessary to declare that all Israeli's should leave even though most have lived there all of their lives and have nothing directly to do with their governments actions.

Yes and no, both equally
so in essense there's no answer

The problem is they say israel was founded on freedom yet it is a militarised state, everyone must do a given number of years in military service.
So in a way everyone is part of it but many only because they are forced to.

I'm sure it's not too far away when America ends up in the same situation sadly.

If we are going to blame civilians, then why don't we begin with blaming American's for 700 dead children in Pakistan and dozens in Yemen over the past 2 years. If it's not logical to associate blame for these deaths on American civilians, then why wish to persecute Israeli civilians for the crimes of their govt./regime?

If you read many posts and threads here on ATS you will see that many do, even americans themselves.

You know those Americans that criticize the American govt. the most you know what they call themselves? Patriots!

Especially when they're also victims of rocket attacks from Hamas

Israeli deaths vs. palestinian deaths
You really want to go there?

Go blockade Any state in America, see how they respond
they'll throw rockets and the kitchen sink at you

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cito
I became what political correct speech mongers label as antisemite during the iran contra scandal.

When jews were secretly arming muslims, panama, and it was proven jews backed by cia were importing drugs into the united states.

Anyone that goes against Jews, criticizes Jews, disagrees with Jews, dislikes Jews, or anyone that don't care what is going on with Jews at all are all labeled antisemite by the political correctness monger morons as I call them.

Totally false, well actually, not false. Criticizing "all jews" vs criticizing Israel is the difference between racism and not racism. I can criticize free riders off the welfare system, but as soon as I say all black people are free riders that's racism. Fact.

Originally posted by CitoThis is just another win for the Jewmedia, and only proves the stereotypes of Jews is not a stereotype but a truth.

Jews try their damnedest to piss everyone off, but if someone vocally discusses their anger then the herd and pro political correct crowd screams antisemite! please trim your quotes

You are being anti-Semitic...you keep rambling on about Jews being evil. How is that not racist? I'll call all blacks lazy, all Indians drunk, all Mexicans thieves. By your standards that is not racist at all. If you were really not a racist against Jews you'd be criticizing Israel...not Jews, idiot.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

True to some extent, but most Jews aren't trying to wipe out Palestinian's.

And that's why being against israeli policy is not anti-semitic
might you have just proven yourself wrong?

No one ever said that...look at the posts in this thread, people aren't criticizing Israel, they are criticizing Jews in general. Jew media, Jew banking, Jewish state....this reaches far from Israeli policy.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

That's because the media told us that it's about Jews, when Helen didn't mention Jews. She was asked about Israel, but that wasn't exciting enough, so now they're calling it her comment about Jews... And some on ATS are buying it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I could not have said it better, myself. This is not about Jews, it's about the actions of a country, who is not treating some of it's citizens, in my opinion, like citzens.

To force people out, in the way they are, to procede with furthur occupation, is wrong.

The fact that occupiers, who are Israeli's, has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Totally false, well actually, not false. Criticizing "all jews" vs criticizing Israel is the difference between racism and not racism. I can criticize free riders off the welfare system, but as soon as I say all black people are free riders that's racism. Fact.

Originally posted by CitoThis is just another win for the Jewmedia, and only proves the stereotypes of Jews is not a stereotype but a truth.

Jews try their damnedest to piss everyone off, but if someone vocally discusses their anger then the herd and pro political correct crowd screams antisemite! please trim your quotes

You are being anti-Semitic...you keep rambling on about Jews being evil. How is that not racist? I'll call all blacks lazy, all Indians drunk, all Mexicans thieves. By your standards that is not racist at all. If you were really not a racist against Jews you'd be criticizing Israel...not Jews, idiot.

great name calling now, well if im the great idiot it only proves what I said and you are part of the morons. Israel is Jews, there are jews in other countries, but Israel = Jew there is no question.

so your point is itself idiotic. and you just want to further some political correct agenda. which only proves how idiotic that stance is.

sorry you feel that way and haven't opened your eyes to how damaging political correctness is. See what it has done to many people and now to Helen Thomas. What she said was not antisemite. What I said was not antisemite. I am anti political correctness, and If I must be labeled antisemite for not liking, not agreeing and even hating the Jewish political agenda then so be it. I'll wear it with pride if the morons want to pin it on me.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by yellowcard

That's because the media told us that it's about Jews, when Helen didn't mention Jews. She was asked about Israel, but that wasn't exciting enough, so now they're calling it her comment about Jews... And some on ATS are buying it.

Uhm, but she was commenting on Jews...she said "All Jews go back to Europe" not "All Israelis go back to Europe." People here aren't criticizing Israel, they are criticizing Jews...not talking about...her talking about that. What a horrible defense.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

great name calling now, well if im the great idiot it only proves what I said and you are part of the morons. Israel is Jews, there are jews in other countries, but Israel = Jew there is no question.

so your point is itself idiotic. and you just want to further some political correct agenda. which only proves how idiotic that stance is.

sorry you feel that way and haven't opened your eyes to how damaging political correctness is. See what it has done to many people and now to Helen Thomas. What she said was not antisemite. What I said was not antisemite. I am anti political correctness, and If I must be labeled antisemite for not liking, not agreeing and even hating the Jewish political agenda then so be it. I'll wear it with pride if the morons want to pin it on me.

Israeli is comprised of Jews...but you are talking about Jews in general. "Jewmedia"...is NOT Israel you ignorant bigot. Anyhow I'll let you all have your anti-Jewish circle jerk.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

She was brave to stand up and be honest, but bottom line is that if a private media news company, decides you don't stay...you don't stay. Whether you're fired or forced to retire (if you want to get your entitlements and medical etc), it's all the same. And they would be (subject to employment law) within their rights.

The problem from the perspective of freedoms of speech being stifled is when we have a a mere handful of very wealthy companies that essentially own and control the whole of the worlds media. Our information and the bias received from the media, is always going to be within the interests of the ultimate owners and operators dishing it out.

If the media was in spread among many, many companies, we'd have a much more genuine media and more people in news and media would be speaking their minds on lots of issues.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The zionists strike again

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Magnum007

Looks like they got to her quickly. The jews are everywhere and extremely powerful in the positions that she deals with on a daily basis. I wont be surprised if we see that she has some sort of "accident."

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"Hardly anybody here is against people of the jewish fate" .....jewish fate???
yes it's a terrible thing to befall them
I also refer you to cito's thread,,
"This is just another win for the Jewmedia, and only proves the stereotypes of Jews is not a stereotype but a truth.

Jews try their damnedest to piss everyone off, but if someone vocally discusses their anger then the herd and pro political correct crowd screams antisemite! "

well i dont know about you but this smacks of racism to me

Just a quick example

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
After coming back from work I read the posts that came after the last one I made and I am quite furious at the level this discussion has degraded to... This group should go here, this other group should go there... What the heck happened?

We are talking about a renown journalist who voiced her opinion on a solution to the Israel-Palestine problem. I understand that it is difficult to separate faith from politics in this conflict because of the religious justifications that each side uses but we can't start making this a faith/race/geopolitical uprooting crusade...

I think the issue here is the fact that Helen "had to resign/retire" because of her comments which to some are wrong, and to others are right just because the media is controlled to some extent preventing people from speaking their minds.

If she would have questioned local government on something, would she have had the same backlash unleashed on her? Why is it that when it's about Israel, it's a taboo subject and considered racism/anti-semitism but when we talk about the Saudis, Yemeni, Irani, Chinese, etc... nobody cares? It's just "talk"...

Is racism/anti-(insert "ism" here) only applicable for Israel? Is criticism of a political policy necessarily an attack on the official religion of the country?

I am tired of hearing people claim anti-semitism for criticism of Israeli political policy... It's annoying, ignorant, and absolutely 2-faced...

Can we carry on with the subject at hand now?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Uhm, but she was commenting on Jews...she said "All Jews go back to Europe"

No, she didn't. That's JUST my point. Look at her quote. Watch the video. The reporter asked for her thoughts about Israel. She said, "Tell them to get the hell out of Palestine."

Nothing about Jews.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I can't help but notice that the few sentences she uttered get more airtime on CNN on the day after she spoke them than the fact that Israeli soldiers killed 9 people on the day after that occured. I wonder if as many pundits will be paraded out to support her as there were to support Israel's killing of people trying to bring food and medicine to other people.

Anyway, I guess she was just having a senior moment. Too bad, she's old enough to remember Jimmy the Greek.

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join