It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 7th 2010 Leaked Document! Washington Briefing Deepwater Horizon Interim Incident Investigation

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I got mixed feelings about the incident. If it was a setup then obviously nobody on the oil rig knew anything about it or they would not stay on it and get killed. 11 people got killed!

On the other hand we have BP giving us any video coverage they want and many suspect its a loop playing over and over again. I don't care about the video coverage, all I care about is closing the well! What I don't understand is WHY IT TAKES THEM 3-4 MONTHS to drill an intersecting hole and why the american government has'nt stepped in to nuke it instead! Waiting that long to shut down an out-of-control well seems a terrible idea due to the volume of oil and gas it will release. The russians have already volunteered to help america if they need it because they have the appropriate experience in such matters, but apparently the american government is not interested!

To add to all the fear mongering, I am seeing some depopulation based posts from self-declared experts and that has me worried somewhat. Could it be that management knew about the faulty equipment and used it to intentionally cause the disaster OR was it simply a case of neglect and financial thriftiness?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen07
I got mixed feelings about the incident. If it was a setup then obviously nobody on the oil rig knew anything about it or they would not stay on it and get killed. 11 people got killed!

On the other hand we have BP giving us any video coverage they want and many suspect its a loop playing over and over again. I don't care about the video coverage, all I care about is closing the well! What I don't understand is WHY IT TAKES THEM 3-4 MONTHS to drill an intersecting hole and why the american government has'nt stepped in to nuke it instead! Waiting that long to shut down an out-of-control well seems a terrible idea due to the volume of oil and gas it will release. The russians have already volunteered to help america if they need it because they have the appropriate experience in such matters, but apparently the american government is not interested!

To add to all the fear mongering, I am seeing some depopulation based posts from self-declared experts and that has me worried somewhat. Could it be that management knew about the faulty equipment and used it to intentionally cause the disaster OR was it simply a case of neglect and financial thriftiness?

If I'm not mistaken, the BOP is a Halliburton product. And it uses such software technology, to see all the events, 'real time monitoring...'

To hell with that program....

www.halliburton.com...

www.halliburton.com...

DFG™ Software with DrillAhead® Hydraulics Module

Baroid is DFG™ drilling fluids graphics software provides the user with the most accurate hydraulics modeling software available to the industry. This tool can allow the user to simulate proposed drilling conditions, allowing optimization of not only the fluid properties but also the drilling parameters. Accurate modeling allows the user to look ahead of the bit, avoid future problems and reduce NPT.

Halliburton's Key Technologies
Title

Summary ADT® Drilling Optimization Service
Optimize the drilling process through a proven philosophy of modeling, measuring and optimizing by expert personnel whose recommendations help operators make decisions that can lead to improved drilli
Summary DFG™ Software with DrillAhead® Hydraulics Module
The most accurate hydraulics modeling software available to the industry
Summary Drillworks® Pore Pressure Prediction and Geomechanical Analysis Software
An integrated pore pressure and geomechanics solution that helps operators drill deeper, faster, and safer with fewer surprises.
Summary Foam Systems
As Halliburton is the largest nitrogen fracturing company, cementing company and premium supplier of foam cement, we've been able to put all the pieces together to make sure that you capitalize on all
Summary GeoTap® Sensor
LWD formation tester obtains real-time direct pore pressure measurements.
Summary Pressure-While-Drilling (PWD) Services
Provides annular pressure, internal pressure and temperature measurements. Aids in detecting lost circulation and flow/kicks before they happen.
Summary Tuned Light™ Cement
Designed to perform effectively in wells with where loss of circulation with conventional weighted cement slurries might occur.
Summary WellLife® III Cementing Service

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Under "Critical Factor 4 - Ignition of Hydrocarbons", I find it strange that they say "-Dynamic modeling estimates suggests that flammable gas mixtures could have reached non-electrical classified areas".

So if I'm correct in reading between the lines, they are saying that they are operation a drilling platform, that handles hydrocarbons, and that they don't use explosion proof electrical fittings everywhere. Who's dumb idea was that ? What the hell is next, designated smoking areas on the platform or do they have them already ?

Another thing that I noticed was on page 32,
"Suspect explosion at 21:49"
"EDS at 21:56 by Captain"

Why did they take 7 minutes to try and shut it down ? Drilling rigs have more than 1 kill switch that anyone can hit if there is a severe problem. And if they say "Data lost at 21:49", how do they know the Captain hit the EDS at 21:56 ?

This report, although it's just a draft, seems to be almost tailored to point the finger. Anyone want to put money on them blaming some shop-floor rookie for putting a hydraulic valve in backwards ?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

One barrel equals 160 litres. Trillions of barrels of methane snow crystals have leaked into the Gulf of Mexico since 20 April 2010 and will sublimate into methane gas bubbles at the rate of one litre of crystals forming 650 litres of gas. Over the next year enough methane is going to come to the surface in the Gulf of Mexico to produce something like as is reported about in the above video from the History Channel.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Im saddened that no one has paid any attention to the "Flames Underwater at the BP oilspill" comments. I looked into it, by watching ALL Live FeedsSometimes, as the current shifts or the robot shift, either or, you can see the release of a white cloudy substance, which is held up on an injection point out of a ROV!! Which has it's [arm] in the middle of the escaping oil plume. This White Cloudy substance turns the oil BROWN, which is why you see Brown and Black [Crude oil is not BROWN, it is BLACK. It turns BROWN with sunlight exposer and or Dispersants] Being there is no sunlight at 4,928FT, we can say it's dispersant. I am constantly trying to watch the live feeds to take a screen shot of the mishap, I have only seen it about four times, each with about 15 seconds before the cam is labeled "Not Recording". My first attempt at a screen shot was a big blur. I will continue to watch so I can capture this and prove to ALL that the oil spill is only HALF AS BAD as it's reported.

Just tuned in on Skandi - ROV 2 Live feed on ALL LIVE FEEDSTo the left you can see a metal rod[tube] releasing oxygen....
Shown with the Green Arrow.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

[edit on 8-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

Heres something to point out as to what people are calling "Flames" I do not know how to input an Image so here is my first-2nd-3rd-4th try. [
Uploaded with ImageShack.us]

The Green arrow shows the Flame, the Red arrow shows the injection rod, after which you can see below is the injection point for their Dispersant.

You cannot base your [Oil Spilled Since] estimate by what you can see top side [ On The Surface] It was reported that there are over a dozen oil "Plumes] that are 6 miles wide, 32 Miles long and 327FT thick. I believe these plumes are now being reduced in size by the dispersant being used as shown above. Either way, they are hiding the true size of the event from everyone, WE HERE AT ATS need to be vigilant in our efforts to provide proof of misconduct in every damn direction BP faces.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by SneakAPeek]

HOW IS IT ATS has NO members from the Gulf Coast?? I WANT IMMEDIATE SOURCES! Not dis and misinformation from the damn TELEVISION. I Will PAY people on ATS within the Gulf region to investigate.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Oops... bad post.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
interestingly had a bout of clairvoyance upon viewing the live feed, a dream I feel I had a couple years ago.

however,

what stuck me wholly interested was the above post of the "flame" and "arm"

---the live feeds are now positioned below these features, so as to not allow the view of this---
interesting.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by joeroxor

There is nothing in this that indicates BP KNEW the riser would blow but they did know the risks when they agreed to substandard materials being used to decrease cost and increase profit.

The engineers that designed this well also gave a margin of error and minimum/maximum specs on all materials to be used. I don't see the actual blueprints with the spec sheet here.

The thinner the metal, the cheaper the price and the higher the risk. That, the decision makers did know. They went with the thinner metal made at a substandard manufacturing facility because it was cheaper. The greatest thing about outsourcing is that you can deny knowledge of any wrong doing or mishandling. Gotta love em!

BP people did not know for sure that the rig would blow but they did know that they increased the risk of it blowing.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SneakAPeek

In an unofficial discussion, the flames you are seeing is intentional to ignite the gases in an effort to capture more liquid oil. Apparently the gas being released kept interfering with what was being collected and caused the siphon tube to move erratically.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayarea

The workers had to call for approval before emergency shut-off procedures could begin. That is because of the false alarm that they had earlier when the rig first became operational and they hit a small snag that changed the pressure readings.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It is not up to the American government. This is a British Corporation on neutral waters. BP denied the help and our government just sat back and twiddled thumbs banging their heads together on damage control policies instead of getting getting BP the heck out of there and sending in some other experts to do what has to be done.

By the way, drilling new holes does take a long time. Something BP should have already had in place!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by peggy m
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It is not up to the American government. This is a British Corporation on neutral waters. BP denied the help and our government just sat back and twiddled thumbs banging their heads together on damage control policies instead of getting getting BP the heck out of there and sending in some other experts to do what has to be done.

By the way, drilling new holes does take a long time. Something BP should have already had in place!

The american government should have declared a national emergency after ten-fifteen days and forced BP to play a back-up role rather than a leading role.

Obama had the balls to declare the swine flu hoax a national emergency yet this biblical oil spill is "a crisis of national significance"? Give me a break!

The government keeps saying "we have no advanced technology to deal with such an oil spill". Why don't they ask Rand? If they can provide novel solutions to thousands of other problems, I don't see why they can't provide a solution here as well. Not to mention they turned down the russians with plenty of "nuke the well shut" experience.

The longer this problem remains unsolved the deeper the suspicions go and it may reach a point where bush's katrina will look insignificant. Fema and DHS have been thoroughly disgraced, eventhough its not directly their fault.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CalibratedZeus
Maybe I am looking too hard, but these appear to be edited.

The color around the dates, in a perfect rectangle, is different then the color of the pages.

The dates were changed after the fact.

I think the diagrams were made prior to the event, as BP knew it would happen...given that the well was 5000ft deeper than it was designed for.

The pictures from the live feed are showing that the well is leaning. Anyone else have a gut feeling the thing's gonna collapse, bursting a big hole in the sea floor?

Hey ET's if you're listening to our thoughts...HELP US!!!!!!!!!! We're officially asking for assistance in this matter

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by peggy m
reply to post by joeroxor

The engineers that designed this well also gave a margin of error and minimum/maximum specs on all materials to be used. I don't see the actual blueprints with the spec sheet here.

The thinner the metal, the cheaper the price and the higher the risk. That, the decision makers did know. They went with the thinner metal made at a substandard manufacturing facility because it was cheaper. The greatest thing about outsourcing is that you can deny knowledge of any wrong doing or mishandling. Gotta love em!

Sorry but you are only parlty correct about the thinner material being cheaper. If the thinner material you choose is Stainless Steel, the cost goes up lots.

There is no "maximum" spec, all manufactured items in the oil industry have a minimum code that is controlled by a governing body. The minimum code HAS to bet met and can be exceded in the case of a material substitution, but the end user has to sign off on the engineering change order if the change meets the company specs and the governing codes.

Outsourcing = ignorance is bliss ? Nope, it does not work that way. Documentation and traceability is a fact and a way of life in the oil industry. A good example of this is; on the manufacturing level, if a plate of steel is cut into 2 pieces, both pieces must be marked with the "Heat Number", so that if it is separated from the piece it was cut from, it can be tracked back to the original plate. Heat Numbers are used to trace the steel back to the mill it came from. All end users get a copy of all documentation, including Asbuilt Drawings showning Heat Numbers and any other registration numbers as required by law/code. The end user HAS to sign off in their acceptance of the manufactured (outsourced) item meeting or exceeding the governing spec/code.

BTW, nobody needs permission to hit the kill switch after an explosion on an oil rig.

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Grayarea]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This seems to sum it up

"Are you f'ing happy? Are you f'ing happy? The rig's on fire! I told you this was gonna happen."

- Transocean OIM phone conversation after leaving the rig

Link

[edit on 6/9/2010 by roadgravel]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
This is worth mentioning I guess;

Feds knew of Gulf spill risks in 2000, document shows

maybe allready posted it is from the 8th of june

Edit to say: I haven't found the document yet, just the article

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Dumbass]

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>