It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

June 7th 2010 Leaked Document! Washington Briefing Deepwater Horizon Interim Incident Investigation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Come and get it and save it while you can! Has all the data and proof they knew the riser was going to blow (I have yet to confirm as I just downloaded it)

Alternative link

ATS Media Link

Will add more comments as I dig through it.

-Kdial1

Actual slides posted below:

[edit on 7-6-2010 by AboveTopSecret.com]

[edit on 7-6-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I can't see it off GLP.

Please save to ATS media if you wanna keep it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Here is an alternative link:

Link

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I wish I could understand all the technical jargon that is used in this

Could you please show those of us who do not understand the diagrams (like me) where in the document it proves that BP knew that the riser was going to blow?

link   
I wonder what this really is.

I sort of think that the ocean floor is going crazy, belching out oil like crazy and the entire BP thing is to keep people from panicking by thinking it is a man made disaster and therefore man fixable, buying the elites time to get in their shelters before the shtf.

This coming from the owner of GLP who is part of TPTB, I would be real cautious about why this is being sold to the conspiracy people in this manner.

I could be totally wrong, and it might actually be a screw up by BP, with a complicit government.

link   
Uploading on ATS media right now

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by kdial1

Thank you, I"m gonna read and then give my thoughts.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Added ATS Media link in Original Post.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So reading over the pages, and the time line of the events, it seems that BP is attempting to say that ALL data they received for testing the rig prior the the explosion were ok.

They passed.

Although I distinctly remember a BP spokesperson saying that the last 24 hours of data before the Rig exploded had been mysteriously lost?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So reading over the pages, and the time line of the events, it seems that BP is attempting to say that ALL data they received for testing the rig prior the the explosion were ok.

They passed.

Although I distinctly remember a BP spokesperson saying that the last 24 hours of data before the Rig exploded had been mysteriously lost?

~Keeper

Yeah but what the hell do they mean by interpretation? Is this witness statements? Hmm, going to digg deeper.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Final 18 Minutes

To me this seems like not enough intervention was done and the pressure actually built up way to fast. This chart shows it shooting off the charts!

Plus to top it off, the EDS System failed as well as the AMF (page 35 and 36 of document.)

Final 18 Minutes

To me this seems like negligence.

-Kdial1

[edit on 7-6-2010 by kdial1]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

They passed.

~Keeper

Yeah but what the hell do they mean by interpretation? Is this witness statements? Hmm, going to digg deeper.

Yeah I think that's what the analysts are theorizing happened during each stage.

There's very little in terms of eye witness accounts or any sort of actual data referenced from the Rig or anything.

I do know that all information was transmitted in land at regular intervals, why isnt' the document sourced?

This is very strange. Perhaps they wanted to leak this so the MSM can downplay the event even more?

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
For Anyone that just wants to read through the thread here is what has me scratching my head.

Page 35 of pdf document:

EDS (Emergency Disconnect) Function

EDS was activated from Bridge after explosion at 21:56 based on witness statements

The EDS function can be activated from the surface (either the bridge or drill floor),
-Function is to seal the well and disconnect the vessel from the well.

The EDS sequence:

- Operator on rig pushes the EDS button
- Blind shear rams close cutting drill pipe and sealing the well
- Choke and kill line valves are closed and lines unlatched

- LMRP is unlatched and disconnects

- The EDS sequence is now complete and rig is free to move away from well.

In this event there is no evidence that the EDS activated, there was still significant flow from the well and the LMRP remained connected to the BOP.

Page 36

BOP AMF (Dead-man) Function

- The AMF would have been expected to seal the well after loss of the three functions (hydraulics, communications and power) from the surface at some point between the explosions and the rig sinking.

- The AMF is an emergency sequence that activates the blind shear rams to seal the well.

- Activation time for the AMF is 37 seconds.

- The AMF sequence:

The BOP senses the loss of hydraulics, communications, power from the surface ( all three need to be lost) and arms the AMF.

The AMF Activates the Blind shear rams cutting drill pipe and sealing the well.

Note that the AMF does not disconnect the LMRP.

There is no evidence to suggest that the AMF in this case activated effectively to seal the well.

2 Devices failed at pretty much the same time?? This stinks of somebody not actually activating them.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
May as well look at this too?Transocean in your search
Mainly this part?
Transocean positions itself as a powerful company doing the impossible based on its motto, “We’re never out of our depth”

And this,
In September 2009 its Deepwater Horizon rig established a 35,050 ft (10,680 m) well, the deepest well in history -- more than 5,000 feet deeper than its stated design specification.
Is this true? Surely that means they are the ones accountable not BP?
Deeper that its stated design specification?

You will also find if you delve a little deeper that theres also a connection to whaling too

[edit on 7-6-2010 by jazz10]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Please resubmit the link you have in your post by using the hyperlink function.

-Kdial1

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It also talks about undocumented modifications on the hydraulic system which seems a little odd.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

I have a really bad feeling that we have not even begun to see the worst yet.
Ive said before on numerous threads regarding the oil spill that something much bigger may happen. (only my opinion)
The oil that has leaked will be replaced by sea water? The sea water has a different density than the oil?
Well, if thats correct then isnt it possible that eventually the whole area could collapse into the sea? Even more worrying is the other wells that are in the area, Think of it like this, Perforating paper.......makes it easier to tear, right?
Then add weight to the surface(crust) either by land or sea weight= disaster.
Theres also other factors that could add stress, earthquakes or changes in gravity.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Maybe I am looking too hard, but these appear to be edited.

The color around the dates, in a perfect rectangle, is different then the color of the pages.

The dates were changed after the fact.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The opening post has been updated with graphics of each slide (rotated and corrected) of the source PDF file.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
They ignored the release of flammable gasses. I bet this is a routine thing on oil wells. I bet those alarms go off all the time and the workers just ignore them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join