It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft debris at the Pentagon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Based on someones suggestion I started a thread with this topic.

I honestly cannot remember where I got the picture from, but it has been in my archives for quite some time.

Here's the question from the other thread...

Is this aircraft debris, or debris from the building?

If its aircraft debris, is it identifiable as to what type?

At first glance, it does seem to me like debris from a wing.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2cb947e56aa4.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
could be part of a wing,
but it also looks like it could be heavy metal doors or somethin
but im really no expert

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Looks to me like the doors from a trailer off a semi.

Wasn't there a trailer that got destroyed in the crash?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I've unloaded my fair share of semis in my day and I agree with Soloist, those are trailer doors. If they're trying to pass them off as aircraft debris they must think we're pretty dumb.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't think anyone is trying to pass it off as aircraft debris, note the question mark in the thread title. It could possibly be the case on some other website.

But yeah, I'd have to agree that it does look like the doors from a semi trailer.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

I'm going with the logic that the objects in the photo are NOT fragments from the wings. There is no way that any pieces of wing structure that large would survive, in such intact condition.

Besides, they certainly bear no resemblence in shape, either.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I didn't think the trailer was sufficiently damaged so that it had its doors ripped off. Thought the damage was more to the top but am willing to be convinced by other evidence.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Does this help ? just seen it.

911review.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Odd, that. The link, I mean. It is a "truther" site.

Still, deserving of a look, since every claim made there can be easily refuted. Along with all of the lies and misstatements. Too bad it fools so many people, though.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Yes, I don't mean the substance of the piece, But could the rectangular items in the 2nd pic be those in the OP at an earlier stage ?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Alfie1]

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Alfie1]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I immediately recognized the one on the left as a door from a tractor trailer , due to the visible deadbolt .

Or so I thought .

My question is , where are the hinge straps ? Every trailer I have ever seen , has external hinges , for obvious reasons ., so , where are the hinge straps on that door ?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by okbmd

I immediately recognized the one on the left as a door from a tractor trailer , due to the visible deadbolt .

Or so I thought .

My question is , where are the hinge straps ? Every trailer I have ever seen , has external hinges , for obvious reasons ., so , where are the hinge straps on that door ?

I think you're wrong.

1-The generator trailer burned. This has pristine paint.
2- look at the object on the right. The torn one. You can see it from "on edge", and at the bottom, you can see that it has a hollow area between the 2 walls. I'm not aware of any trailers that would have that feature - too heavy and takes up load space.

I have no idea what it is though.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Joey Canoli

I'm almost certain there was a white semi trailer parked in almost the exact point of impact. I believe if you find photos pre 9/11, in the month or so before, possibly even sooner you can see it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster

I'm almost certain there was a white semi trailer parked in almost the exact point of impact. I believe if you find photos pre 9/11, in the month or so before, possibly even sooner you can see it.

I have no doubt about that. But it doesn't address the fact that the trailer burned.

Nor does it address my observation that the trailer appears to have airspace between what appears to be an interior and exterior panel, and whether or not that is common for tractor trailer rigs.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I found out who took the picture, and I'm going to email him and ask him his opinion.

I'll reply with any further info received.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Prompt reply from Mr. Edmonds....

--- On Mon, 6/7/10, Ronald A. Edmonds wrote:

> From: Ronald A. Edmonds
> Subject: Re: Question regarding one of your photographs.
> To: "xxxx"
> Date: Monday, June 7, 2010, 3:09 PM
> I was a long ways off, most of the
> images were made with a 1200mm lens, it appeared to be part
> of a wing, at my distance I can't say for sure.
>
> Ron

Thats the opinion of the man who took the photo. I still personally think it was a semi door.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
That back piece has a bit of an arc to it and with the spindle out the bottom looks to me like the aileron or flap. The front piece has a thickness though which seems to not be an airplane part... not sure either way.

What about dimensions?

I'm thinking about 15 ft x 6 ft for the large piece?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Thermo Klein]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Some 757-300 info
The Schematic is from Boeing.com; the non-schematic pics are just from a google search so not 100% proof they're from a 757, although they are claimed to be by title.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Joey Canoli

" I think you're wrong. "

Which is my point exactly Joey , I also think I was wrong in thinking it was a trailer door .

If the long , gray , pipe-looking thing were the deadbolt of the door , then the hinges should be visible on the left side of the 'door' , which they are not .

Also , the other piece that is torn , shows to be much thicker than a door from a tractor-trailer . And , there should also be some visible sign of plywood inside the hollow space , as the doors are mostly wood with an aluminum skin .

There would indeed be a void inside , as the doors and walls are hollow on most trailers but , this void appears to be too thick .

And as you pointed out , it doesn't appear to have been subjected to the fire that the trailer suffered .

I don't think they are doors .

No hinges rules out doors , IMO .

Typical doors on tractor-trailer , note the hinges :www.rangerlock.com...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by okbmd]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Thermo Klein

Yes, the titles are correct, those are photos of B-757 wings.

Nice pictures, but unfortunately the objects in the OP cannot possibly be the spoiler panels (second photo, the ones that are shown fully deployed in 'ground mode'), nor are the objects possibly the trailing edge flaps.

Those flight surfaces are made out of composites, NOT aluminum. AND, in any event, they would not have remained intact in the forces involved with that impact, at the Pentagon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join