It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Machete" movie - to plunge the SW USA in a Race War

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
And even the Native americans were slave owning people. The native americans had their own slave trade and tribal wars long before the white man showed up. Latter the Native americans started buying black slaves from white people who bought them from black people who cpatured and sold other black people. No civilization is innocent anywhere look up the Cherokee slave revolt of 1842.

just like the blacks the Cherokee were enslaved. raped, killed all because we refused to sell our land. we dont own it so its hard to sell it for something worthless. Money is worthless to the 1800 cherokee, some bought rifles and stuff at the general store - but it was harder than a black mans life. when we had enough we declared our right to live and they decided to move us to Oklahoma one way or another we call it the trail of tears. and the white man took our land and sold it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
It's just a film.

So what if it's a little controversial.

If this sparks a race war, then I am very very sad at the state of human conciousness where we would allow some little piece of art to affet us that much.

I actually look forward to seeing it.

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Old news guys - doesnt anyone use the search function here anymore ?

www.abovetopsecret.com...:fzhl_cfnikq&cof=FORID:9&q=machete&sa=Search&siteurl=www.abovetopsecret. com/forum/post.php%3Faction%3Dreply%26fid%3D10%26tid%3D580565

And rodriguez has already said its a joke movie and the cinqo de mayo trailer was just a wind up

ETS for spelling

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Silk]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wise Man

Im not saying that mexicans came over with columbus what im saying is that the mexicans are of spanish decent and are no more native than any american.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
well if its a joke its a bad one... and since AZ and CA started going at it.
well, I can see how this might push some latino's and some whites over the edge. and if you dont think Race isn't simmering in the USA SW all I can say --- WAKE UP.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Evil

You claim your a wise man, wise men do not put words in other peoples mouths.
excuse me - but I am French Cherokee and that is still a open wound.
2nd line

Theres no such thing as a French Cherokee, your either one or the other, depending on what your father is.

If your a Cherokee, why are you so inclined to chase "Illegals" (Mexicans) out of Americas European boarders?
Those are your brothers, from the same blood that were killed and beaten out of the land by white people just like Cherokees were, why the hell would you support the killing and oppression of your own people?

Out of all the racist movies white people have made oppressing Native people, you chose to complain about the one movie that comes out where white people are the victim?

This doesn't make sense.

What did you do when you saw Pocahontas?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Im not saying that mexicans came over with columbus what im saying is that the mexicans are of spanish decent and are no more native than any american.

Actually, you don't know what your talking about, go learn history before you attempt to make false embarrassing statements again.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Evil

just like the blacks the Cherokee were enslaved. raped, killed all because we refused to sell our land.

Ironic because the first record of trade between the virgina settlers and the cherokee was white people buying indian slaves from the cherokee. The native americans were raping, killing and enslaveing each other long before the whites showed up.

we dont own it so its hard to sell it for something worthless. Money is worthless to the 1800 cherokee, some bought rifles and stuff at the general store - but it was harder than a black mans life.

Harder than a black mans life? So the cherokee (who owned more black slaves than any other tribe) had harder lives than the slaves they owned? Forgive me if i do not believe that.
And as far as the indians "not owning the land" is total BS propoganda. Then tell me what the Cherokee and Muscogee were fighting over between 1753 to 1755.

when we had enough we declared our right to live and they decided to move us to Oklahoma one way or another we call it the trail of tears. and the white man took our land and sold it.

I agree the trail of tears was screwed up but no more screwed up then enslaving other indians and blacks.

Actually, you don't know what your talking about, go learn history before you attempt to make false embarrassing statements again.

Please correct me. You have the entire internet at your disposal, please provide me with links showing me that mexicans are really native americans and are in no way of spanish descent (mixed does count as being of spanish descent).

[edit on 7-6-2010 by zaiger]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Uh no
en.wikipedia.org...

Most of them are "mixed". There are tribes in Mexico,
en.wikipedia.org...

My grandmother is Yaqui.

Either way Robert's movie is a joke and you guys are taking it way too seriously.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I guess the best way to describe it as this, welcome to America - you can visit - but you must file papers to become a citizen. since most cant pass citizenship requirements they decided to ignore our laws, our heritage and they want our land and their heritage on our soil... sorry, it isn't mexico cant you see.,... dont worry dringo, we will over populate you until you are a minority ... thats what is going on ... they want our South West and they want it Mexico. if that isnt something to fight over I dont know what is.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Uh no
en.wikipedia.org...

Most of them are "mixed". There are tribes in Mexico,
en.wikipedia.org...

From your source

Their studies, along with other sources, have revealed that Mexicans are indeed racially diverse with about 80%-90% being Mestizos and having approximately even admixture of Native American and European heritage

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I guess you were there.... you seem to know it all. why do you want my input on your skewed views. ?

not returning to this NON_ISSUE, argue with yourselves.
but there is a race war brewing - they are just not reporting on it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

You said they were all of Spanish descent, I have just shown you this is not true. There's no point in arguing it. There are plenty of Mexicans who have no Spanish admixture at all. Genetically speaking these people are actually quite similar to most American Indian tribes.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by antonia]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:31 PM
link   

reply to post by zaiger

I guess you were there.... you seem to know it all. why do you want my input on your skewed views. ?

not returning to this NON_ISSUE, argue with yourselves.
but there is a race war brewing - they are just not reporting on it.

Been listening to too much Hal Turner over there? Sounds like a neo-nazi boot stompers wet dream. There will be no race war because those of us with brains aren't going to fight over something so stupid.

Switch to decaff.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

i just watched the trailer,

looks like a cracker wee film

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

I was just pointing out that saying that the cherokee had a harder life than a black man while they were in fact part of the black slave (and indian slave) trade is false. And that saying the cherokee did not own land is also false as they had no problem in going to war with other indians over who got the hunting grounds.
There is no race war brewing, this was a joke preview for a movie that is not comming out.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I think this is a "hate crime" in the form of a movie - the FBI should arrest everyone involved and charge them with Provoking a Race War.

Have you seen the movie? Do you know that the movie is promoting hate just from a 2 minute trailer? I can't say that from what I've seen there, and knowing what I know about Robert Rodriguez, I doubt that's the ultimate message of the film.

I can't think of any anti-white or otherwise anti-non-Latino thing he's ever put into one of his films. Yes, they are often very pro-Latino/Mexican American culture, but pro one thing is not anti another thing.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I should add, the "trailer" in the OP is not the real trailer for the film that is due to come out, that was the faux trailer made as a joke, inserted into the Grindhouse double feature film by Rodriguez and Tarantino.

Here is a link to the real trailer.

It's much the same and looks like they either recreated several shots in the original or re-used them for the feature film, albeit without distressing the film to make it look old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join