It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt lifts blockade of Gaza indefinately

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
www.google.com...

An Egyptian security official declared the blockade of Gaza a failure Monday and said his country will keep its border with the Palestinian territory open indefinitely.

Keeping that crossing point open long term would ease the blockade imposed by Israel three years ago to isolate and punish Gaza's Hamas rulers. It also restores a link to the outside the world for some of Gaza's 1.5 million Palestinians.

good for egypt and good for the palestinian people.. what r u gonna do now israel?

edit on by benevolent tyrant because: MOD EDIT: to correct spelling error in thread title ("Egyot" to "Egypt")

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Egypt is run by a dictator receiving Billions of $$$ in "aid" from the USA.

Lets see how long the "aid" or the "lifting of the Egyptian blockade" lasts.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Great article! I didn't know about the 4 men killed in the water. The article said that they were member of "Al-Aqsa Martyrs' Brigades". This sounds to me like a really bad choice of a name for a minor league baseball team. Comedy to say the least!

I strongly believe that these blockades do not serve the purpose intended by those who implement it. The article states that the blockade was originally put into effect to force the return of an Israeli soldier. That was 4 years ago. Is the life of on soldier justification for blockading the entire Gaza? Think of all the people's lives that have been made worse just because Isreal is concerned about 1 soldier. I know that there is more to it than that but in the end we are talking about the destruction of many, for the gratification of a few. I can't see the common sense in that.

National security for Isreal, and other nations, have become the excuse used to take away the basic human rights of others, and terrorism is the scapegoat. So in all honesty, they are using terrorism to fight terrorism......So then who should be the one we blockade?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bravo111

Israel is also receiving billions in "aid" from US taxpayers, in this case to buy US weapons and help them "protect".

Lots of countries are receiving US aid, some giving good use of it, others more questionable uses.

--------------------------------

Bombing for peace is like fu$#ing for virginity

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
www.google.com...

An Egyptian security official declared the blockade of Gaza a failure Monday and said his country will keep its border with the Palestinian territory open indefinitely.

Keeping that crossing point open long term would ease the blockade imposed by Israel three years ago to isolate and punish Gaza's Hamas rulers. It also restores a link to the outside the world for some of Gaza's 1.5 million Palestinians.

good for egypt and good for the palestinian people.. what r u gonna do now israel?

YES YES YES!!! IT IS starting, ISRAEL is doing DOWN!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Its welcome news!

at last my Palestinian colleague can go home and get married.
poor dude was separated from the girl whom he is to marry for long time ever since Egypt closed the borders to Gaza!
Guy is a happy puppy now!

top topics

join