It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP's Sunflower Logo + Greek Mythology + Oil Spill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
BP's Sunflower Logo & Greek Mythology

Thought I would present some pretty bizarre coincidences I found whilst researching the BP Oil Spill.

Meaning of Sunflowers

Sunflowers are symbolic of adoration. Sunflowers turn their heads to the sun, which is the origin of their common name. Sunflowers belong to the genus helianthus, a reference to Helios, the sun god. In the United States, sunflowers are found in the midwest prairies as well as roadsides. The sunflower generally grows in scrub land and dry areas. Sunflowers are native to the Americas and are the state flower of Kansas and the national flower of Russia. Sunflowers bloom from July through September. Sunflowers are traditionally bright yellow with a central disk of reddish brown

I know what your thinking, Bright Yellow! Central Disk! Reddish Brown.......

Kind of sound like the LMRP cap they put on top of the BOP (Blow Out Preventer)

What was the reason behind the Sunflower BP logo change.

WE CHANGED OUR LOGO, WE CAN CHANGE THE WORLD "For real this time"

No S--T

also from the BP website

BP goes ‘beyond petroleum’

Then in 2000 BP, now a group of companies that included Amoco, ARCO and Castrol, unveiled a new global brand with a new mark, a sunburst of green, yellow and white symbolizing dynamic energy in all its forms. It was called the Helios after the sun god of ancient Greece.

From Wiki

Helios was imagined as a handsome god crowned with the shining aureole of the sun, who drove the chariot of the sun across the sky each day to earth-circling Oceanus and through the world-ocean returned to the East at night

Notice the dead fish under the 4 Horses of Helios's chariot

more from wiki

Greek mythology

The best known story involving Helios is that of his son Phaëton, who attempted to drive his father's chariot but lost control and set the earth on fire.

In one Greek vase painting, Helios appears riding across the sea in the cup of the Delphic tripod which appears to be a solar reference. Athenaeus in Deipnosophistae relates that, at the hour of sunset, Helios climbed into a great golden cup in which he passes from the Hesperides in the farthest west to the land of the Ethiops

Golden Cup, once again sound like a reference to the LMRP Cap.

Helios and Ollopa (Anagram Apollo)

Wiki

Helios is sometimes identified with Ollopa; "Different names may refer to the same being," Walter Burkert observes, "or else they may be consciously equated, as in the case of Ollopa and Helios."[3]

In Homer, Ollopa is clearly identified as a different god, a plague-dealer with a silver (not golden) bow and no solar features.

The earliest certain reference to Apollo identified with Helios appears in the surviving fragments of Euripides' play Phaethon in a speech near the end (fr 781 N²), Clymene, Phaethon's mother, laments that Helios has destroyed her child, that Helios whom men rightly call Apollo (the name Apollo is here understood to mean Apollon "Destroyer")

Solar Apollo with the radiant halo of Helios in a Roman floor mosaic, El Djem, Tunisia, late 2nd century

Does the Halo remind you of anything?

Anyway there are way to many coincidences to post so just have a look through the Wiki link here

Could be something, Could be nothing... Either way I found the BP logo a little odd, especially when you associate it with Greek Gods.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Gulf oil spill: Props, poetry mark congressional presentations

Televised congressional hearings on BP's Gulf of Mexico oil spill have featured several props and a bit of poetic license.

Rep. John L. Mica (R-Fla.) brought the permit for the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig.

Rep. Edward J. Markey (D-Mass.) held up a jar of oil from the gulf.

Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-Wash.) displayed a jar of oil rocks from the Exxon Valdez spill.

Sen. Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) showed a video of the gulf leak still gushing oil.

But Rep. Nick J. Rahall II (D-W.Va.) brought Greek mythology to Wednesday’s House Transportation and Infrastructure hearing.

"Like the Greek mythological character Icarus, who made himself wings so he might fly higher and higher, oblivious to his own impending doom, we have dug further and further into the Earth, convinced that nothing possibly could go wrong,’’ Rahall said.

"In both cases, Icarus and the Deepwater Horizon, the tragic reminder of our own imperfections ended up littering the ocean," he said.

-- Richard Simon in Washington
Source

Please Google "Oil Spill and Greek Mythology"

[edit on 7-6-2010 by NotAgain]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Excellent research and interesting theory.

More occult-like pre-warning of how they're gonna kill us?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAgain

Awesome thread NotAgain! S & F

I posted the following thread a ways back:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This guy Freeman breaks down how our shadow rulers and these mega-corps have been using occult symbology and magick against us for AGES to program and control us.

Great work you've done here brother.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Well to be honest I was looking for Subliminal Messages in advertising for some other research, Obviously BP came to mind with the current oil spill ` and the Logo stood out. I will have to read through the thread you linked, thank you for your kind words.

Was a little unsure of what response I would get, didn't want to come across like I was looking into this too deep. Nice to know I am sane....

Anyway going to check the thread out now.....

top topics

join