It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Norman Finkelstein "plays the holocaust card"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This short 3 minute clip is at a university lecture where a jewish girl tries to defend Israel from being compared to Nazis. Shes left with quite a shock reply. And a very pertinent one.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yes, humanist Jews are awakening to the very fact that zionism has hijacked their religion to use as a pawn for a political cause. In fact, Jews are awakening to the fact that they were sacrificed during the holocaust by zionist Jews to further their agenda to create the nation-state of Israel where Zionism could establish itself legitimately on the world stage.

The Jews that I know here in the US are NOT at all happy about how this is playing out with the zionists at the helm and what it is doing to their religion. Most are now witholding their support, both morally and financially from Israel. The beast shall be starved to death!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Norman is another superjew that have courage to stand and speak against the zionists, who actually are not jews but foreigners having jewish ancestry, wanting to occupy and claim the land which has always belonged to various semite and arabic tribes.

what zionists are doing is really no better what nazis were doing in their time. same cruelty is just having a new clothes.

to Norman Finkelstein. maybe i'll add him too into my sig.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Finkelstein is also in a Jewish documentary about Anti-Semitism called 'Defamation' which was shown on More4 in the U.K..

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

In fact, Jews are awakening to the fact that they were sacrificed during the holocaust by zionist Jews to further their agenda to create the nation-state of Israel where Zionism could establish itself legitimately on the world stage.

As of late, I suspected that, too.

2nd line

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Who were these leading zionists? Name some of them? What did they do?

I'm highly dubious.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I stopoped watching after that guy referred to her real tears as alligator tears.

The guy is just a complete douche. But he fits the mind frame of most on ATS so I'm sure the OP will get many stars and flags.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Well then you missed the ENTIRE reason he gave for his remarks if you stopped there. Thus coming and cherry picking what you emotively dont like and showcasing it here, whilst ignoring the other valid points.

Oh dear.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Oh dear, please little imaginary person, don't frett to much.

Its the same thing if a KKK member said something along the same lines to a black person.

It would be seen as a hate speech and nobody would listen to him. Including yourself I'm sure because it doesn't fit your worldly ideas.

If you don't like my opinion then get over it. They are mine and I have the right to have an opinion your large brain does not agree with.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:16 AM
link   

If you don't like my opinion then get over it. They are mine and I have the right to have an opinion your large brain does not agree with.

You have given no opinion, rather a bare faced dismissal of the content in question.

Why do you think this issue is so emotive for Him?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Get over it all the same.

I don't watch blacks, whites, jews, white supremicists or anyone else who spreads this type of crap.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Further evidence of obfuscation noted. Sigh.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miracle Man
reply to post by ZeuZZ

Get over it all the same.

I don't watch blacks, whites, jews, white supremicists or anyone else who spreads this type of crap.

Well, if you watched it you would hear the crap is actually him decrying the use past suffering as an excuse for torturous occupation. Doesn't sound like crap to me and it shut that girl up nicely. I noticed it also leaves you defending you're "opinion" in anyway except the most truthful and obvious "I support the mistreatment of Palestinians"... how bout it? Why not be blunt?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Its the same thing if a KKK member said something along the same lines to a black person.

I normal keep out of threads like these but crap piled this high deserves my response.

This is about a Jewish man who lost parents in the Holocaust saying against a Jewish girl who lost grandparents in the holocaust; "It's over 50 years ago, so stop using it as an excuse to oppress people!"

Now, let's see who will play the anti-Semitic card against this.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
When emotion comes in the door, Logic goes out the window. - a wise man

Now people need to learn what is really going on in the world and like another good saying, "The truth will set you free."

And it is true most people can't handle the truth, so they live blissfully in fiction land, or the matrix...because the truth can hurt.

Edited to add: Hitler was funded by the U.S. corporation to do the nasty that they did. The eagle is all over the place in their symbology, just like the U.S.
Hitler was manipulated and used. Now Israel receives sympathy for the holocaust when they caused it.

Then Israel's decedents are now in the U.S. corporation and manipulating Christians to go kill other people in a foreign country for the American's protection when millions are being removed from their homes. Not to mention the U.S. always has Israels back.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Quickfix]

posted on Apr, 14 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
great video. that girl who cried was annoying. i would have shouted at her to shut up if i was there. i do think the Holocaust was terrible, but to ignore all the other atrocities of the world while speaking out about how terrible that was is retarded. i don't think the man hates jews at all.whatever, in the end, everyone is just corrupt.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I have to say this is one of my favourite scene's from the documentary American Radical. It appears as if people are being increasingly exposed to the intellect of Norman. This is a great thing becuase unlike many pro-Zionists and pro-Palestinians he manages to remove himself emotionally, engage in intelectual discusion while maintaing his morality. The result of this is well documented and researched work as-well as interesting debates which he appears to almost always win. I highly recomend all his books to anyone interested in the Israel-Palestine conflict in order to obtain a reality of the situation.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic

I normal keep out of threads like these but crap piled this high deserves my response.

This is about a Jewish man who lost parents in the Holocaust saying against a Jewish girl who lost grandparents in the holocaust; "It's over 50 years ago, so stop using it as an excuse to oppress people!"

Now, let's see who will play the anti-Semitic card against this.

Unfortunately they have a new card to play. The "self hating jew" card.

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Norman is a very inspirational man. Seen him speak last year and his passion for justice is vigorous and unwavering, yet still he is a consummate gentleman. He also actually replies to emails (questions) pertaining to this conflict, which amazed me for some reason.

Norman Finkelstein
Noam Chomsky
and Howard Zinn (RIP)
are all very courageous Jewish men, amongst others, standing up for the equal rights of Palestinians.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join