It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fear of the Unknown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Why do we all fear what we don't know? From the secret meetings of the Trilateral commission and the Bohemian Grove, to the whispered conversation you just saw happen. Your mind goes on the offensive. immediately thoughts of wrongdoing pop up. Why is it always negative? And Have we always been this way?

I can think back to when I was a kid and I have very little concern for that which I didn't understand. I was happy living in my own little world. Then I got older, and had other people thoughts and influences brought forward. Are those people whispering about me? Are they saying something negative?

I don't think that every secret meeting is nefarious in nature. And truth be known, most probably aren't. But my though process has been conditioned to think that the CFR is up to something evil. Are there bad people in this world? yep, no doubt in my mind. But I try to keep in mind that Karma is always working. If you poke the rabid badger enough times with the sharp stick, he will eventually bite you.

This whole message has to do with the fear of things like "The Illuminati", a group who hasn't existed in hundreds of years yet strikes fear in the hearts of people everywhere. The Bilderberg Group, A sinister plotting conglomerate of evil doers like the world has never seen.

I am not saying that none of these group are plotting world destruction, I am only pondering why we assume THAT before we assume good things.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The fear of the unknown is definitely a crippling factor for many people but a lot of people on this site have come to realize that certain things just don't add up.

Therefore there must be a group or entity behind the scenes controlling the puppet strings whether it be the Illuminati, Zionists, the Bilderberg group or Aliens.

I think it's just human nature to try to assign a story to any situation that we do not understand whether it is rational or not. If it is not rational we try to convince ourselves otherwise so that our theories somehow explain these things.

I posted a thread about the phenomenon of confabulation that gives some great info on how our minds work in these situations.

Check it out if you want I thought it was an Interesting read.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Much of what bothers people is the fact that we aren't privy to what our leaders are doing.
They are supposed to be working for US!

When an employer considers hiring an employee, a background check (or at least a resume) is offered up. Then, we are expected to account for every hour we work under their payroll!

Why isn't' this the case with our 'leaders"? I'm not saying they need to inform us when they take a dump or.....have meetings in the Oval Office but....c'mon. We SHOULD know what 'clubs' they belong to!!!!

Why not tell your people you're part of the CFR?
Why not tell your people you attend Bilderberg meetings?

It can't be a case of National Security because it's public knowledge.

Too many secrets automatically causes others to become suspicious.

So let's just chalk it off to being human-nature while living in modern-day society with a bunch of liars, thieves, cheaters and murderers running our countries!

new topics

join