It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did God create us! or did we create God....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
This is a very good video looking at all the different Peoples of the World's attitude to their beliefs concerning God and what it means to them!

www.disclose.tv...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Both. We created our selves because we are god. God is us.

Then we forgot we were god and adopted the 'gods' of those who control us.

There is god source inside of you. If you don't believe that, you allow others to take your power away. And that's just what they planned to do.

Wake up humanity. You are the co-creators here. Take your power back and create heaven on Earth.

It really is possible.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
and man created god in his own image.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phedreus
and man created god in his own image.

Unless you are part of those who say god made man in HIS image..
...which means god looks like a great ape.

I can picture it already, the great ape in the sky.

[edit on 7/6/2010 by Daniem]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
"God" only exists in the mind. External all that exists is the "Universe."

Just words we use to describe things... Both are foolish.

Foolish: devoid of good sense or judgement

[edit on 7-6-2010 by theuhstuf]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
1) We have no proof of a God's existence.
2) Ergo, God is a fictional character like Harry Potter.
3) We created God like any other fictional character.

/thread

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Alan Parsons is God. "I am the eye in the sky, looking at youuu, I can read your mind."

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
Alan Parsons is God. "I am the eye in the sky, looking at youuu, I can read your mind."

He's just talking about his own future self.

You know, when you pray, you are praying to your own self. A higher dimensional and more advanced YOU, but you nontheless.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

No proof?
Psalm 19
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge.
There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard.
Mathematical probablity is so great, it is impossible for any of millions of things to evole.
Even on a mico level the odds are high: Our bodies, for example, can only use right-handed sugar; left-handed sugar is indigestible. Amino acids, the building blocks of proteins, are almost all left-handed--our bodies can't manufacture proteins out of the right-handed version.
How did the original strand form with only left-handed proteins. The probabity of it is staggering, even when you throw in billions of years.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
1) We have no proof of a God's existence.
2) Ergo, God is a fictional character like Harry Potter.
3) We created God like any other fictional character.

/thread

Ahahaha...I've been saying something similar to this for a while. Maybe the bible was a really awesome book like Lord of the Rings?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by blujay
Both. We created our selves because we are god. God is us.

Is that where the universe came from? Cool story, bro.

Wake up humanity. You are the co-creators here. Take your power back and create heaven on Earth.

There will always be bad apples here on earth. Humans are morally flawed creatures. There will never be heaven on earth.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by shapeshiftress

The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

Until the constellations spell out the words "God was here" I don't think the fact that the sky exists proves there is a supernatural being. In that case I could say the fact there are forests is proof there is a forest God. Also, this verse talks about the firmament, which was thought to be a massive dome over top of the Earth, you know, back when they thought it was flat. I don't think the authors opinion counts if he still thought there was a firmament.

Firmament

Mathematical probablity is so great, it is impossible for any of millions of things to evole

It doesn't matter what the probability was, it happened and we have the proof. The fossil record, DNA, behavior, physiology, ever aspect of biology yields evidence that points exclusively toward evolution. As it is no evidence has ever been found that things can be created via magic or supernatural means.

I see this as another version of the argument from Irreducible Complexity - things are too complex or there are too many to evolve? Well, not according to the evidence.

The probability of it is staggering, even when you throw in billions of years.

Once again, the evidence all points toward evolution, the probability doesn't even matter - it happened (and is happening), get over it.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Although some of the people in this thread, could possibly get things turned around enough in their own mindlessnees.
When has God ever been refered to as a creature?

We must allow evolution an infinite amount of time just to get started. Arthur Eddington.

I would add to that truth by saying that the more time you take away from that infinite, the odds against it grow exponentially.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And the odds in favor of magic increase?

The earliest lifeforms we have uncovered are about 3.8 billion years old, that's not an infinite amount of time, it means that less than a billion years after our planet formed the first proto-cells also formed. Also - that's abiogenesis and not evolution, the two are different ideas. Evolution has been proven beyond doubt while scientists still have some kinks to work out with abiogenesis.

One thing is for certain, the chance that the supernatural was involved in life getting started on Earth is essentially zero because there isn't a shred of evidence that a supernatural element to the Universe even exists let alone that it can influence the natural world to form life.

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Titen-Sxull]

new topics

top topics

join