It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“All I saw in Israel was cowards with guns”

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

I agree that the Israeli government is not the same as the jewish people in general.

I am not accusing you of the stereotype - but people who frequent these types of threads seem to hop on board with this stuff simply due to their discrimination - and they aren't afraid to show it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Stormdancer777

How don't you understand this Stormdancer. Blind hate is perfectly acceptable, so long as you can attain the feeling of self righteous purpose in your hate, no one can convince you other wise. On ATS and throughout the World it's perfectly fine to hate Israelis and Jews, and most of the time false assumptions and emotional fallacies are reason enough.

OH I see the hatred on this forum, centuries of propaganda have infiltrated the hearts and minds like a plague.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

Well of course if he did have these links with terror groups ( I know longer place Hamas in that category) then surely the Israeli authorities would have charged him with attempted aiding and abetting these groups.

O'Keefe showed those 'elite' 'highly trained' commandos, who at the same time were portrayed as victims by a lot of the media in Israel and in western countries, how it is done.

The thing is though i am sure a lot of American citizens will see O'Keefe as a traitor becasue he renounced his American citizenship and now holds dual Irish/Palestinian citizenship.

What do you think will be made of that?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

Don't fool yourself. Hamas is every bit the "terror organization". They use their people as pawns in their political power struggle. Israel sucks, but Hamas matches them quite well.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Cool cool. To be fair i didn't think you were, was just making sure.

And i agree with you.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

How don't you understand this Stormdancer. Blind hate is perfectly acceptable, so long as you can attain the feeling of self righteous purpose in your hate, no one can convince you other wise. On ATS and throughout the World it's perfectly fine to hate Israelis and Jews, and most of the time false assumptions and emotional fallacies are reason enough.

Hate, for anyone or anything, is wrong. It is one of those things that harms the person you hate, but also harms you. Instant karma. Blind hate is just hate mixed in with prejudice. In instances of morality, two negatives DO NOT equal a positive. LOL.

I think Stormdancer understands that. Known her a very, very long time.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

In just the same way that Uncle Sam is not the America people. Far from it. We are as sick of Uncle Sam as we are anything else. That is the one consensus that people in the US have: we are sick of the government.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   

S&F. Bravo to the guy for his brave act!! More and more account of the survivors are coming out.

Also kudos to the activists from UK and from other parts of the world!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I was being sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by Flatwoods

Iranians are not Arabs they are Persians. Arabs and Persians have been rivals in the region for millenia.

If the Iranians are building an nuclear weapon it will be as a defensive measure to prevent any attempt of regime change by the Americans and Israelis (And prob the British lurking in the background)

Why would Iran bomb Israel which contains Jerusalem, one of the holiest sites for Islam?

Why would Iran nuke Israel and bring on its own apocalypse through the massive nuclear response of both Israel and the U.S.?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

I'm not saying they would. The Iranian government, however, will use the nukes as blackmail to threaten Israel and whoever they don't like. But in the end, it really doesn't matter.

What matters is this. I have seen a great many banners and protesters in Iran, Pakistan, and other Muslim countries chanting "Death to Israel". I have never seen an Israeli banner that reads "Death to Muslims."

Why is that?

I'm not saying Israelis are perfect. In fact, I know for a fact there are plenty of religious fanatics within their ranks. Far, far too many, and this is how the ill-conceived settlement strategy happened in the first place. But Arabs and Palestinians are quite open and blatant about their intentions. It's all about "Death to Israel". It's never been about peace with Israel. I still don't understand this, and I still cannot understand why anyone in any country would sympathize with people who lust for the death of Israeli civilians and children and babies. That is not a pro-peace stance. It just isn't.

But apparently I'm not getting through to a lot of people here. Firing missiles and blowing up cafes is not about peace. Shipping supplies to the very people who would do this and then attacking soldiers who are trying to keep out weapons is not about peace. It is supporting war. Trying to run the blockade is supporting war. It is supporting war against Israel.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by orangutang

"butcher thug mentality that the IDF indoctrinates their own with."

Please show me proof of the IDF indoctrinating a "butcher thug mentality."

I have a counter-point;

en.wikipedia.org...

Please check the wiki link before claiming 'IDF PROPAGANDA'!!

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Skellon]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TarzanBeta

I guess the USA is going to be the next Nazi Germany.

Sorry to insist but did you mean Israel ?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by ickylevel]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

He may have disarmed a few but they beat the living hell out of him in repayment LOL!

He's a scumbag turncoat. Period.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   

reply to post by randomname

If you don't know the situation in the Middle East.. it's best not to talk.

If that would be the case - you shouldn't talk then until YOU actually know what items and goods which are permitted to enter Gaza.

You are so damn uninformed, it's not funny!

Before you make anymore fool of yourself - please take a minute of your life to deny ignorance!

Google: forbidden items and goods Gaza - there are plenty of UN sources.

Then you will see that it's not just weapons and military material as some ignorant people want to believe.

It's essential things to live a decent life, which are forbidden:

music instrument, light bulbs, spare parts, washing machines, cups, blankets, fabric, candles, children toys, books, school text books, crayons, paper children books, choclate, needles, thread, orange juice, certain medicines, certain herbs and spices, etc etc!

Much of the food which is allowed is low nutritional industrial frozen food and bad factory made junk food.

Get a grip and update your information!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
And no one YET has mentioned the puppet master behind all of this:

The International Solidarity Movement (ISM).

Commie pinko scumbags.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I believe in what the Isreal goverment is doing.They have every right to defend there nation and I also believe they should not have to live with palestinians.Let all of there muslim brothers take them in.They need to be kept away from Jews and Christians.They don't play nicely

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I would like to add one more thing: I don't hate Arabs, or Muslims, or Palestinians, or any group based on their ethnicity. What I hate is terrorists.

What I mean by terrorist are people who bomb, kill, and maim soft targets because they don't have the strength or the guts to form a real army, one that plays by actual rules. And when I say I hate terrorists I mean the following:

Hamas
Hezbollah
Al-Queda
The IRA
The ETA
The Red Shirts
The Ku Klux Klan
The Church of the Creator
The PLO
The Red Army Faction
MS13
PETA
FARC
etc., etc.

I don't like political activists much either.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Flatwoods]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well done to the US Marine. So much for any respect towards Israeli commandos. Whimpering commandos at the mercy of unarmed folks. JEEZ!!

If it weren't for Americas support, Israel would be in some serious trouble. Perhaps even extinct a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by Skellon

Skellon, there is a saying "Once a Marine, Always a Marine". I don't know if O'keefe has renounced his joining the Corps or not, but that saying still exists and yes, they really do take it to heart.

I'm not a Marine. Never was. However, I do know several Marines, both current and former, and have discussed this situation with them. They're actually embarrassed to discuss it. They say, to a man, that O'Keefe has disgraced their beloved Corps. They say that he is a traitor and a turncoat, and deserves not the association with the Corps, or America. According to them, they have disowned him as a Marine, and say he has abandoned both them AND the Corps, and chosen new brothers.

Can't say that's a Corps-wide sentiment, since I have no way of knowing. Therefore, I won't generalize it, but among the ones I know, that's the universal sentiment.

To a man.

Myself, I don't rate an opinion on that matter, never having been a Marine. I found the emotional catchphrases indicative of a propaganda piece in his tales to be the most telling. The phrases used are VERY reminiscent of 1960's era leftist propaganda. Not saying that he's a leftist, as that would be insulting to an arab, but only that the phrases used indicate the type of speech given. Further, I can say as an American that he is no longer one of us, by his own choice, and that's good enough for me.

This account DOES give me pause to have to re-evaluate the statement by the Israeli commando that they were met by 'mercenaries'. I initially scoffed at that statement, but have a better view towards what may have caused that impression now.

[edit on 2010/6/7 by nenothtu]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Judeophobia: attitudes toward the Jews in the ancient world

books.google.com...:+Attitudes+Toward+the+Jews+in+the+Ancient+World.&source=bl&ots=utibEi Gw0_&sig=OMyUTgosBsSaIWFnkv8Wmoa_UBY&hl=en&ei=QoANTMbXNpGgnwfenb2XAg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=8&ved=0CDAQ6AEwBw#v=onepage&q&f=false

I have been reading this, look how far it goes back.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shine71
Well done to the US Marine. So much for any respect towards Israeli commandos. Whimpering commandos at the mercy of unarmed folks. JEEZ!!

If it weren't for Americas support, Israel would be in some serious trouble. Perhaps even extinct a long time ago.

He is no longer a US marine, refering to him as one is evidence that you have not researched Mr. O' Keefe at all.

Oh why do I bother?

If you feel so strongly about this, why don't you go live in the Gaza Strip or the West Bank?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join