It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life denied

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
I have read this by Allan Watts:

God also likes to play hide-and-seek, but because there is nothing outside God, he has no one but himself to play with. But he gets over this difficulty by pretending that he is not himself. This is his way of hiding from himself. He pretends that he is you and I and all the people in the world, all the animals, all the plants, all the rocks, and all the stars. In this way he has strange and wonderful adventures, some of which are terrible and frightening. But these are just like bad dreams, for when he wakes up they will disappear.

Ok, I agree. Not even the wasteland can "depress" us - when we are free:

What about this:
"Petka at the Bungalow by Leonid Andreev.

Also see:
Modling Minds
Underground-History-of-American-Education

Barbara Whiteside showed me a poem written by a high school senior in Alton, Illinois, two weeks
before he committed suicide:

He drew... the things inside that needed saying.
Beautiful pictures he kept under his pillow.
When he started school he brought them...
To have along like a friend.
It was funny about school, he sat at a square brown desk
Like all the other square brown desks... and his room
Was a square brown room like all the other rooms, tight
And close and stiff.
He hated to hold the pencil and chalk, his arms stiff
His feet flat on the floor, stiff, the teacher watching
And watching. She told him to wear a tie like
All the other boys, he said he didn’t like them.
She said it didn’t matter what he liked. After that the class drew.
He drew all yellow. It was the way he felt about
Morning. The Teacher came and smiled, "What’s this?
Why don’t you draw something like Ken’s drawing?"
After that his mother bought him a tie, and he always
Drew airplanes and rocketships like everyone else.
He was square inside and brown and his hands were stiff.
The things inside that needed saying didn’t need it
Anymore, they had stopped pushing... crushed, stiff
Like everything else.

Now I cannot agree with Allan Watts "everything is fine, we are playing" here. This is not play. This is life denied. The real death. "To die of boredom" - is not some "crazy" expression with no meaning. People die - are killed, then they are transformed into something else. The machine. This is how I see it.
This is how free people see the world:
John Landau - Civilization and the primitive

They were not "barely surviving, in fear of everything, hating their lives". I found some stories about native American teenagers - going to the enemy camp to steal horses - for the fun of it. No we are taught - to deny ourselves, for "safety". We are killed - before we really die. There is no "safety" when we separate ourselves from the world.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by pai mei]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
"One had to cram all this stuff into one's mind for the examinations, whether one liked it or not. This coercion had such a deterring effect on me that, after I had passed the final examination, I found the consideration of any scientific problems distasteful to me for an entire year." - Albert Einstein

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
"Is there, deep under the accumulated debris of culture, a hidden groundwork of the old-time savage? Is there even in these well-regulated times an unsubdued nature in the respectable mental household of every one of us that still kicks against the pricks of law and order?

To make my meaning more clear, would not every boy, for instance—that is, every boy of any account—rather be a pirate captain than a Member of Parliament?"

www.gutenberg.org...

-----------------------
"People say that what we're all seeking is a meaning for life. I don't think that's what we're really seeking. I think what we're seeking is an experience of being alive, so that our life experiences on the purely physical plane will have resonance within our own innermost being and reality, so that we actually feel the rapture of being alive. That's what it's all finally about. "
en.wikiquote.org...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This reminds me of your other thread. It is kind of hard to make sense of it.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

You might want to u2u imans, he is a friend of mine that is good at this kind of stuff.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join