It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CIA personnel engaged in human experimentation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

CIA personnel engaged in human experimentation

www.salon.com

Bush-era CIA medical personnel conducted experiments on detainees in CIA custody to provide legal cover for torture as well as to justify and shape future torture techniques, a just-released report from the Physicians for Human Rights alleges.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prweb.com

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

"The CIA appears to have broken all accepted legal and ethical standards put in place since the Second World War to protect prisoners from being the subjects of experimentation," said Frank Donaghue, the CEO of PHR, a nonprofit organization of health professionals.

* Research and medical experimentation on detainees was used to measure the effects of large- volume waterboarding and adjust the procedure according to the results. After medical monitoring and advice, the CIA experimentally added saline, in an attempt to prevent putting detainees in a coma or killing them through over-ingestion of large amounts of plain water. The report observes: “‘Waterboarding 2.0’ was the product of the CIA’s developing and field-testing an intentionally harmful practice, using systematic medical monitoring and the application of subsequent generalizable knowledge.”

* Health professionals monitored sleep deprivation on more than a dozen detainees in 48-, 96- and 180-hour increments. This research was apparently used to monitor and assess the effects of varying levels of sleep deprivation to support legal definitions of torture and to plan future sleep deprivation techniques.

* Health professionals appear to have analyzed data, based on their observations of 25 detainees who were subjected to individual and combined applications of “enhanced” interrogation techniques, to determine whether one type of application over another would increase the subject’s “susceptibility to severe pain.” The alleged research appears to have been undertaken only to assess the legality of the “enhanced” interrogation tactics and to guide future application of the techniques.

What has become of America? Experimentation of torture techniques on prisoners. Saddam Hussein would have nodded approvingly upon seeing such experiments. I am sure similar practices have been conducted for decades; it simply confirms that those who believe our governments are any better than the very enemies we are fighting, believe in an illusion.

www.salon.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Mdv2]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
And Bush/Rumsfeld/Cheney aren't in jail yet for those things? This is sick.

I'm sure this kind of thing still go on as we speak in Guantanamo, black sites in Europe, Afghanistan and Iraq.

I ask those who still support Obama... WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE? WHY ISN'T HE GOING AFTER THOSE WAR CRIMINALS? Ah yes, because it's still going on and he did nothing to stop it, and he would go to jail too.

And this report ain't one percent of the truth of what's going on in there.

I would have been Obama, my first as president I would have arrested Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld/Gonzalez and put them on trial on all TV stations, then if convicted, HANGED ON THE WHITE HOUSE LAWN.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

I ask those who still support Obama... WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE? WHY ISN'T HE GOING AFTER THOSE WAR CRIMINALS? Ah yes, because it's still going on and he did nothing to stop it, and he would go to jail too.

And this report ain't one percent of the truth of what's going on in there.

If you understand the whole American political game, you know that the both parties drive the same agenda; or rather, Obama would have never been elected in the first place if he didn't.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Holy cow. This story seems to be genuine. I hope that Obama is somehow forced to act on this. Obviously, the last thing he wants to do is compromise the rotten-to-the-core status quo. And even if he does take action, I seriously doubt those truly responsible will be held accountable. Best the average person can do is RAISE HELL about it. Make sure everybody knows about this! Don't allow MSM to ignore it.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I speculate there are a thousand of us hurt and tortured every day by our own police state. It happened to me for simply prevailing in a traffic ticket.

In several episodes of false arrest I have earned a bashed head, cuffs so tight my hands were numb for three days, then into a hot car with my coat on for about 45 minutes, water deprivation, and my coat torn beyond repair. Someone had a little temper tantrum. And they keep having it. It made them madder when I filed a complaint. Go figure.

This same police department was responsible for failing the McMartin Pre School victims so I haven't even seen the dawn of injustice compared to my neighbors. Course they were probably busy with some version of me when that came down.

I love authority with integrity but even they can't seem to stop the law breakers within their ranks. Must be frustrating for the Serpico types that likely exist in large numbers.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by martybeck
authority with integrity

Good luck with that, if there is such a thing it is probably a tribal patriarchy, and as such, doomed to extinction. I saw some of that "Living with the Mek" series on television several years back and was stunned at how simple we used to be.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Saddam Hussein would have nodded approvingly upon seeing such experiments.

Hmm..makes one wonder if the wrong leader was hanged.

In fact, leaders plural.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Thanks for sharing.
Very sad, the most sad part is perhaps that no one seems to be surprised or schocked in anyway over these informations.
Good to get it out in the open

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Saddam Hussein would have nodded approvingly upon seeing such experiments.
[edit on 7-6-2010 by Mdv2]

That's why we made him dictator of Iraq and used him as an ally.

Oh yea, this # aint new.. the only thing that's new is that people are finally becoming aware of it.

PS. The government didn't cover it up, the corporate media (AKA, "mainstream media") is who refused to cover this stuff. What's the difference between government and large corporations, though? I can't figure it out.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Kaytagg]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tryptych
If you understand the whole American political game, you know that the both parties drive the same agenda; or rather, Obama would have never been elected in the first place if he didn't.

This is because both parties are controlled by the same hidden hand that controls oil and the banking system.

The new iserail flag is a false flag and a paintball gun.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
s&f

America has lost her way! It's not so much that we torture and experiment on people, which is despicable; but that their is such a huge segment of our population that says "so what"

God Help Us!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

s&f

America has lost her way! It's not so much that we torture and experiment on people, which is despicable; but that their is such a huge segment of our population that says "so what"

God Help Us!!

I guess I am one of that population. I say if it saves lives then torture is justified.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by black cat

s&f

God Help Us!!

I guess I am one of that population. I say if it saves lives then torture is justified.

But torture doesn't work. I could make you admit to barbecuing and eating your own children. People will tell the torturers what they want to hear to make the pain stop.

www.americanthinker.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

s&f

God Help Us!!

Torture, I believe it works.
I guess that I'm right there with you black cat, do what needs to be done to save lives.
Edited to ask: Where is the Pain? No pliers, no needles, no sharp sticks, not hung from your wrist so the tips of your toes only touch, no bones broken or shoulders dislocated, no electrodes, I ask again, Where's the pain.
OK, I hear ya Screaming at me, WATER BOARDING, WOW,,,, Mental Anguish.
Sleep Deprivation, WOW,,, I'm feeling sleepy.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by guohua]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

s&f

God Help Us!!

But torture doesn't work. I could make you admit to barbecuing and eating your own children. People will tell the torturers what they want to hear to make the pain stop.

www.americanthinker.com...

Where is your proof that it doesn't work? We have not had a successful terrorist attack since 9/11 on this country. Torture may not always work, but to say that it doesn't work, as in never works, is a lie.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by guohua

Thanks, bro. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks so. I'm not saying use torture all the time, but use it when it can actually make a difference.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
There are also reports of the CIA having classified medical technology and advancements. It is not a surprise though, the CIA has done many things that would make even the WWII Nazi experiments, look like childs play.

Considering today and last decade the CIA has had access to highly advanced genetic knowledge, is it a shock that they would have pushed the envelope. Especially if 90% of their alleged activites are "classified".

Come on now.

There are way more to these media stories and reports than any one probably cares to know. Let alone wants to.

The point being though, is that is still is not right. Outsourcing illegal operations from industry to espionage, cheap labor is the current trend.
Doing things that are illegal these days, only requires doing it where it is legal and arrainging such to happen.

What do we do.

Take a stance, and stand by it. No Kerry flip flopping pandomatics. If genetic experimentationo is illegal and inhumane, within the continental USA then it should be that way for US policy no matter if we were on Earth, on Mars or another galactic region.

Zer0 tolerance seems to be beneficial for the bigwigs and cheifs. Unless it is them of course, and the profit margin pads those deep pockets, right...wrong!

Zer0 tolerance means exactly that, and those of us who those rules apply to, know all too well what the resulting infraction is for violating zer0 tolerance policies.

What we do as a people, American and as the collective human species we claim to be, is say whay we mean and mean what we say.

Is there any sence in this reality we share...

Obviously ATSers care enough to show it, but we also have to share it. We are perhaps the most unique community with global networking capabilties that, has been and may be seen in our lifetimes generations.

We owe it to the next generation, we owe it to each other and ourselves to make these things right.

Obviously those before us could not or would not. That is not the example I want to leave as a foot print.

Let it be known, those who knew, tried...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
In my opinion, the CIA is NOT America.

Granted this is only my opinion, but I refuse to allow any such organization to claim to represent America. I wouldn't stand for it if I were a representative of our country... but our representatives seem to think it is OK.

Sorry, their tactics are far from OK in my book. And were their tactics used on them we would hear no end of objections and accusations...

Sometimes I think CIA stands for Corporatist Infinitesimal Accountability.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The some members in the C.I.A. have a higher security clearance then the president! The C.I.A. has gone rouge, and can NOT be controlled anymore. They have set in place, rules and regulations that purposely give them power to do what they want w/o any political or criminal consequences.

All in the name of "Homeland Security." Didn't Ben Franklin once say, "Those who surrender rights for security, deserve neither" ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join