It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uzi Dayan: Israel must announce Turkish warships casus beli

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Uzi Dayan: Israel must announce Turkish warships casus beli

www.jpost.com

Israel must send Turkey a clear message that if Turkish warships are sent to accompany the next flotilla trying to break the embargo on Gaza, these will be considered acts of war by Israel , Uzi Dayan, former deputy Chief of General Staff, told Army Radio Monday morning.

"If the Turkish Prime Minister joins such a flotilla,” Dayan said, “we should make clear beforehand this would be an act of war, and we would not try to take over the ship he was on, but would sink it.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
OK this is PURE INSANITY. Israel is prepared to go to war against Turkey, to keep their illegal blockade of Gaza going.

And the medias and the UN are trying to convince us that the UN will stop the blockade! Give me a break.

The Israelis MUST kick out those nutjobs in power before all hell break loose.

Not to mention Iran is sending aid ships too, which Israel considers ``an act of war``... and news from the Bilderberg meeting saying that the majority of Bilderberg attendees were for a strike on Iran...

I know this guy is a former deputy chief of general staff, but still, I think the right-wing extremist government in place now probably have the same view.

I think it'll kick off.

www.jpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

And replace these nutjobs with who? There is not real oppisition in Israel these days.

Kadima are as right-wing and as not committed to peace as Likud is.

Take note: MK Livni is betraying her duty. She doesn't even understand it. She provides neither alternative nor opposition, merely the greed to step in after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.

Under her leadership Kadima has become a random bunch of nationalist, McCarthyist, militarist, chauvinist, loudmouthed bawlers, raising anti-democratic proposals in the Knesset as if it were the last radical right-wing party.

A dangerous, murky wave of nationalism and intolerance is washing over Israeli society. Some blame the Netanyahu-Lieberman government, but the truth is Kadima is no less to blame, no less responsible. It is not only silent, it is an active partner in the treachery.

The only merchandise Livni has to offer - "the peace process" - is moldy and misleading. It's not peace, just a process. Livni will have her photograph taken with Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, will smile with chief Palestinian negotiator Ahmed Qureia, and the world will leave us alone. The only fire burning in her belly is the desire to become prime minister. Why? Just because

www.haaretz.com...

I used to believe that Kadima under Livni offered something different. But since she 'won' the election but was unable to form a coalition she has backtracked and stepped into line with the rest of the extremists.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Peruvianmonk]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Stating the obvious... I don't believe Erdogan has the guts to actually put the money where his mouth is and if he would, it would definitely be a casus belli from an Israeli point of view. What would you think? That the Turkish naval ships would stand by idly while Israeli commandos are raiding an aid ship?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

I expect them to stop their crap, do the right thing and stop their blockade. Enough is enough.

I hope Erdogan call their BS and go for it. If Israel is stupid enough to actually sink the Turkish boats, well, they get what they deserve coming to them.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
I hope that Uzi Dayan will then go himself( as in - alone) to fight Turkey. I think that making political capital on this tragic situation should be declared Casus Belli.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Interesting info, thanks for sharing...
Escalation of the Israeli-Turkish crisis, imo really has the potential of developing into something really ugly.
And where does it leave US and Europe... Here in Europe Turkey have been negotiating to be a member of the EU, also as a part of NATO it wouldn´t be easy for US to come and ´save´ the israelis....
And then Iran as the dark horse makes it all seem even more troubled...

I don´t know what we as common people can do, except speaking our opinion, try to influence in every way possible for a positive solution...
Don´t give after for our fear and belive the best.
I somehow hope, that peace will make it´s way

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
is turkey gonna grow a set and declare war. common isreal attacked you in international waters killed 9 of your country men and is now threataning to blow you out the water. ARE YOU GONNA STAND THEIR AND BE BITCH SLAPPED BY A TERRORIST STATE!!!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Just because some ex minister says something doesn´t mean anything.

Although if Turkey do send warships, I recon Isreal will sink them.
Then the Mierde really will hit the fan, Turkey isn´t a push over like the gutless Arab countries.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Israel must send Turkey a clear message that if Turkish warships are sent to accompany the next flotilla trying to break the embargo on Gaza, these will be considered acts of war by Israel

The act of war was already commited by iserail when it attacked a ship from a NATO country carrying peace protestors so it's a bit late for that one.

Iserail continues to defy UN resolutions and that just the ones the USA does not veto and the USA is loosing a lot of freinds over this incident and the reaon is simple it's becaue the zionists hold the american banking system to ransom and has been bribing politicans for decades.

Amaerica needs to remove the nukes it gave to Iserail and to allow UN troups in to gaza to check the cargo and it also needs to chosse it's freinds a bit more carefully.

America ran a facist blocade of europe during WWII and now the tables have turned 180 degrees and we know who lost that war.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

The UN must take over.

Israel does not have the capability to provide peace, not for themselves nor for their surroundings and neighbours.

Not only that, but for some insane reason i cannot fathom, the majority of the world has been treating Israel with kid gloves and providing them advanced weapons. I would assume that the intention was to try to achieve area stability through strength, but i assume the West supplying them hadn't accounted for the Israeli leadership and military to have gone quite, quite mad.

So now we have decidedly more instability and danger from a heavily armed, mentally impaired Israel, than we ever would have suffered from their Arabic neighbours.

The UN must take over Israel until an Israeli government can be formed that does not have raving lunatics at the helm or in positions of great influence.

Not just for the Israeli people's sake, or even for the area as a whole, but for all of our sakes.
I DO NOT want my country and my family to become a casualty of these nutters in Israel.
Something must be done, and soon.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by danielhanson420

I'd be careful what you wish for if i were you Dan, if war happens, it won't be handbags at dawn or sticks and stones mate.

These idiot nutjobs have nukes...lots of nukes. A fair number of them are aimed at our major cities in Europe too, that's from the horses mouth. (Israeli chief of military admitted that it targets it's allies with nukes!).

Even if a nuclear war remained local, which i highly doubt with the other players like Russia, Iran, US and Co. that would probably get involved, the fallout alone would cause untold death around the world...including Scotland.

War would be bad news for everyone.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The UN must indeed take over. The world needs to stop all trade with Israel pronto. The UN needs to investigate war crimes against this government, simple.

They do need to be de-armed of nukes right this very second. The risk here with this hardline ex commando at the helm is too horific. Netanyaho has no intention of peace, it would simply bore the man and his military.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   
It seems this Uzi Dayan is a Major General in the IDF.... so he's still in the power structure....

A senior IDF commander said Monday Israel would view an attempt by Erdogan to sail to Gaza as an act of war.

"If he comes here with Turkish warships there can be no doubt that it would amount to a declaration of war," Major-General (Res.) Uzi Dayan told Army Radio.

"We need to draw a clear line and say that whoever crosses it will not be boarded but sunk."

Syria says they will support whatever Turkey does

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Turkish Prime Minister, Recep Tayipp Erdogan, is not going to set sail on one of those aide flotillas. He is just spouting hot air, nothing more and nothing less. More saber rattling to join the ranks of the US, Israel, Syria, and Iran. On a serious note, if Turkish ships try to break the blockade whether legal or illegal, it is still an act of aggression and war. Its no different than if a Soviet vessel broke the US blockade in the Cuban Missile Crisis. War would have been declared. The case for the blockade is up for interpretation, however, if the Turks push forward with this? It will not only enrage Israel, but quite possibly Egypt. Contrary to popular belief, Egypt is enforcing this blockade as well.

It is not reported as often as Israel. Still, apparently, Egypt feels their security and territorial integrity is at risk by the Hamas government in Gaza. Hopefully, Turkey backs off of their intent to cross the blockade, because I think Israel will attack. Another interesting aspect is what the US response will be if hostilities are to convene between Israel and Turkey? Both countries are staunch allies of the US in the region, and it will leave the US as the odd man out. Who will the US side with? What will be the political affects? How will it hurt the US presence in the region?

War between Israel and Turkey is crazy? Why would Turkey provoke the hand of an ally? They are still allies, although the alliance has become rather frosty over the past few years up until now. Who knows how long that will last, since tensions are continuing to mount. When I hear about Turkish Navy ships in the vicinity of the Israel blockade of Gaza, then I would be concerned. However, as it stands now, it is just more saber rattling and hot air between the two government government who are in a disagreement.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:43 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Egyot lifts blockade of Gaza indefinately

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
So here we have Israel evoking Latin Roman Law in a run up to potential war.

Yes it is true, All Roads Lead to Rome!

Notice how Hebrew, Enlgish, Arabic, Greek or any other language is used, but Latin the dead language of Rome!

A Rome that is not so dead as people imagine it to be.

A Rome that wrote into it's plan to conquer the entire world and set up a one world government (The Holy Roman Bibile) that right before the implementation of this one world government that the nations of the world would turn against Israel.

An Israel in this case that was founded with the money and political connections of the Papal Rothschild Family.

The Papal Rothschild Family being Rome's bankers.

So why does a nation, whose people are supposed to predate Rome, use Latin to formally declare it's intentions?

Because All Roads Lead to Rome and always have and always will if people don't wake up to the fact that Rome is still controlling the world and is still conquering it through divide and conquer warfare.

It remains all around us, on our money, in our laws, in the architecture of our halls of power, in our symbols, in our religion, and even now clearly in this incident.

In case anyone wants to know what is really driving this political theatre, it is Rome.

A Rome that does fully intend to get the world to fight over the fate of Israel and the religions of the world.

To wipe them out and to set up a one world government.

The proof like the threat is all around us.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Lets not get too excited by what some EX PM has to say. Its far to easy to fall prey from the rhetoric from the extreemest ON BOTH SIDE.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

This is a rather recent update Egypt lifts blockade of Gaza indefinitely, and thanks for bringing it to my attention! Apparently, Egypt is indirectly siding with the others who are having disputes with Israel at the moment? So, now we have a co-op developing between Syria, Iran, and maybe Egypt and Turkey? This thing is getting out of control quickly. The superpowers ought to intervene and put a stop to this imminent disaster. Moreover, the UN Security Council ought to convene on the recent escalations taking place.

This is shaping up to be a lynching, and akin to other conflicts from the past when region Muslim powers sided with each other in hostilities against Israel. This thing could get big, and it seems to be shaping up that way. The warnings are all over the place. It can go in any direction and the sabers about to be unsheathed. Who will draw blood first?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Jakes51]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Rocket launches -The production of Qassams began in September 2001 following the outbreak of the Second Intifada. The first Qassam to be launched was the Qassam-1, fired on October 2001, with a maximum range of 3 kilometers (2 mi) to 4.5 kilometers (3 mi).[6] February 10, 2002 was the first time Palestinians launched rockets into Israel, rather than at Israeli settlements in the Gaza Strip. One of the rockets landed in Kibbutz Saad.[8] A Qassam first hit an Israeli city on March 5, 2002 when two rockets struck the southern city of Sderot. Some rockets have hit as far as the edge of Ashkelon. The total number of Qassam rockets launched exceeded 1,000 by June 9, 2006. During the year 2006 alone, more than 1,000 rockets were launched. In 2008, 1750 rockets were launched. By the end of December 2008, a total of 15 people had been killed by Qassam rockets since attacks began in 2001 (see: List of Qassam rocket attacks).[9]
Date # of rockets
December 27 67
December 28 31 Hamas widens its target range to include Ashdod, Ashkelon and Beersheba
December 29 76
December 30 54
December 31 77
January 1 53 Two civilians wounded in Ashkelon
January 2 38 Ashdod apartment building with elderly residents hit
January 3 40 Two Israelis wounded from Ashdod apartment strike
January 4 47
January 5 40
January 6 35 Grad rocket hits baby girl in Gedarda
January 7 28
January 8 27 4 people wounded by mortar shells in Eshkol
January 9 29
January 10 26
January 11 20 Rockets fired at Ashdod kindergarten
January 12 24 Hamas rockets hit Kiryat Gat for the first time, Grad rocket hits near high school in Ashkelon
January 13 22
January 14 18+ Hamas fires white phosphorous rocket into Eshkol
January 15 25 6 people wounded, mother and child in serious conditions, as Grad rockets hit Beersheba

THIS IS ONLY 19 DAYS…. Who cares if they are small rockets.. they are rockets.

They are willing to launch thousands of small rockets at Israel… What will they do if they get their hands on “real” weaponry? Do you think Hamas is not actively looking for larger weapons? Israel is using restraint… If these rockets (lets say 10) were fired into New York from Canada, how long would this take place? Would we not annihilate the area they are coming from? This blockade is essential to their safety!
The blockade is legal and recognized….. NOW, some may not agree with it. Get it taken down. Until then, it is a legal blockade.
With that being said,
The maritime law states, – Boarding a ship in international waters is legal when enforcing a blockade! These are facts that are not open for debate. Stop speaking about things that you do not know, or blatantly calling your opinions facts!!!

Every one that keeps calling them Unarmed.

If a thief breaks in your house.. He has a Lead pipe in his hand.. Does he have to hit you with it before you shoot him?? When the cops show up, are you going to tell the police you shot an unarmed man? Or did you shoot an enemy that had a weapon? Don’t dilute the point.. Stop calling them unarmed.. They had pipes and knives. An Israeli was shot.

Before you call me an agent… I do not like Israel.. I do not like how they acquired their “country”. I think they are arrogant self righteous war mongers. I think that they are using the holocaust card to try and make the world feel sorry for them. They are not that same people that were persecuted. They are now essentially Nazi’s themselves. (I am also highly irritated by those stupid little hats and the curly sideburn things) But with this particular incident, they are in the right. Facts are FACTS…
The blockade is legal and so is boarding that ship in international waters to enforce the blockade.
Now, your opinion might be different from the facts… That does not make them any less your opinion.

Allot of you will say that they are defending them selves by launching the rockets… Or “What would you do if you were put in a concentration camp?” .. I say this.. I would stop with that way of thinking.. If you follow that way of thinking.. you are essentially saying , they are at war and the rockets are justified.. Ok then, Israel should go at them like they are at war? Palestine would be a memory in less than a day.

Here is my wish list for June 7, 2010

Israel gets attacked by Iran/Syria/Lebanon and Turkey.
Russia backs Iran
North Korea starts lobbing shells at South Korea
China backs North Korea

If we are going to have WWIII .. lets make it interesting.
I am an American… We have nothing to worry about.. We have Canada to protect us!

Check mate athiests, 2nd corinthians in your face!!!!
Edward current

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Mobius1974]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join