It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Microwaves Weapon : A process for 10,000 Time Amplification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   

However, as our infrastructure and our military becomes ever more dependent on microchips and electronics in general, any developments in the ease with which an EMP can be developed should be of considerable interest to military and security professionals, or even, if this device is as straightforward as it appears to be, enterprising attendees of next year's Maker Faire.

Researchers discovered a linear relationship between the number of antennas (from one to eight) used in their time reversal mirror and the resulting amplitude of the microwave pulse they generated.

Further amplification of the signal before retransmission by the mirror, using a technique called "one-bit time reversal," allowed the team to achieve 46 dB of amplification. Because decibels are represented on a logarithmic scale, that corresponds to amplification of the original signal by a factor of more than 10,000.

Source : Introducing the Electromagnetic Bazooka

EMP Bazooka ... and microwave weapons 1) to give pain 2) to kill ( as some of you knew it allready exists ).

Source : Microwave weapon will rain pain from the sky

Related video :

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Chinese researchers have successfully built an electromagnetic absorbing device for microwave frequencies. The device, made of a thin cylinder comprising 60 concentric rings of metamaterials, is capable of absorbing microwave radiation, and has been compared to an astrophysical black hole (which, in space, soaks up matter and light).

The research published today, Thursday, 3 June, in New Journal of Physics (co-owned by the Institute of Physics and German Physical Society), shows how the researchers utilised the special properties of metamaterials, a class of ordered composites which can distort light and other waves.

Qiang Cheng and Tie Jun Cui of the State Key Laboratory of Millimeter Waves at Southeast University in Nanjing, China, designed and fabricated their absorbing device, officially called an “omnidirectional electromagnetic absorber”, using 60 strips of circuit board arranged in concentric layers coated in copper. Each layer is imprinted with alternating patterns, which resonate or don’t resonate in electromagnetic waves.

The designed device can trap and absorb electromagnetic waves coming from all directions by spiraling the radiation inwards and converting its energy into heat with an absorption rate of 99%. Hence it behaves like an “electromagnetic black body” or an “electromagnetic black hole”.

At the moment, the device only works with microwaves, but the researchers are planning to develop a black hole for visible light next.

The current results could find some applications in microwaves. As the researchers write, “The good agreement between theoretical and experimental results has shown the excellent ability for metamaterials as the candidate to construct artificial
omnidirectional absorbing devices.

“Since the lossy core can transfer electromagnetic energies into heat energies, we expect that the proposed device could find important applications in thermal emitting and electromagnetic-wave harvesting.”

The researchers’ paper can be downloaded from today, Thursday, 3 June 2010 here: iopscience.iop.org...

Source : Scientists create artificial mini “black hole”

Will be related to light black hole : see related post AREA 51 : Light that can move objects

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:08 AM
link   
The microwave blackhole material is also necessary for spacetravel. ( microwave in space is dangerous for being : and microwaves causes cancer ---- and mutation ... (and also what biologist decribed as evolution is caused by mutation that is caused by microwaves ...)).

[edit on 7-6-2010 by psychederic]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Good thread, more people need to know about this and emerging technology.

Check out the raytheon website, there is heaps of info on directed energy weapons.

www.raytheon.com...

www.raytheon.com...

www.raytheon.com...

Lots of interesting stuff

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Havick007

Electrical to mechanical pressure force, how is that possible.
I thought electricity had nothing to do with the physical
gravitational world.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Nevertheless : this process is a good idea for efficient microwave owen : if some of you are interrested.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

sorry it took so long to reply, were u meant to reply to me or someone else coz i didnt quite understand why u directed that reply at me. if u read that info in the links i posted then great but i didnt author that so sorry i cant help on the tech side of things.

i will say this, electricity has everything to do with the physical world. think about it for a sec, did we invent it? not quite i would say we discovered it, it has always been there but it just took our lil human brains some time to figure it. look at lightning for example. electricity is there we just have to conduct it not so much produce or make it.

i actually think electricity is quite amazing, like matter or photons, it is amazing, it can exist anywhere at anytime as long as it is conductable.

i would go as far to say that electricityhas been the greatest discovery so far, not invention but discovery. look at what it has led too.

it is only mechanical force that is used to conduct it.

new topics

top topics

join