It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise in miscarriages

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this and do not feel ready to discuss it on my parenting site as it affects them but here goes.

Since march 2000 I have run a parenting [predominantly female] website and discussion forum. For trying to have, pregnant with and birthing babies and also general parenting chatter.

So this 'experience' has a good ten years behind it.

Over the last 8 weeks I have noticed that 90% of pregnancies have been ending in miscarriage and wondered if this was just a freak coincidence or if something more sinister could be to blame. All of the females I am referring to are UK based and not all of them are part of my community on line. At least 3 that I know in real life have suffered a MC in the last 8 weeks and a few that I know on line from other sites.

I guess one could argue that over the ten years I have 'met' more and more people ergo I 'would' see a rise. But there have been no less than 5 people that I have known for at least 8 years all suffer a MC in the last week or so!

I have also noticed, and this may or may not be related, that those women who are not actively TTC or are taking precautions, have had a lot of 'suspected' pregnancies [ie: missed cycle] or strange symptoms around their cycle time.

I wondered if any of the ladies on here have noticed anything similar or if indeed I just happen to be in a pocket of very sad coincidences!

The only thing Google came up with is a few articles on 'Swine Flu' vaccine possibly causing MC's... I'm pretty sure the ladies on my forum haven't had the vaccine as we are all 'mostly' against pointless vaccines etc etc.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well, uh, I can't comment on the feminine portion of your post.

However, that is a frightening trend. Can you tell us anything else about the cases? Not specifics about the people, but you stated that they were all UK based. Maybe the rise has something to do with the area they all reside in? It's hard to say but that is a very unfortunate situation.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Pareidolia, most likely.

How many women in your group have been pregnant over the years? Count them and come up with an accurate figure.

Now count the number of miscarriages you've noticed over the years.

Divide the second figure by the first and multiply by 100. That'll give you the percentage of miscarriages among the pregnant women in your group. Check it against the national average for your country (I'm sure you'll find it somewhere on the internet). Ten gets you one you'll see no statistically significant different.

To see if there has been a rising trend among women in your group, count miscarriages per year and see if they have been increasing

If they have to a significant degree, then it's quite likely the cause is something to do with your group - possibly something you yourself are doing to cause these women to have miscarriages.

Are you a medical professional?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
There were some interesting statistics around the increased occurrence of miscarriages in the weeks and months after 9-11 in the US.

news.suite101.com...

I wonder if the spike has been caused by the 'communal stress' associated with some of the world events recently, e.g. we're 7 weeks into the Deepwater Horizon disaster.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

possibly something you yourself are doing to cause these women to have miscarriages.

What a cruel and thoughtless thing to say! Good job I have thick skin, but my goodness me you wouldn't win any awards for tact would you?

I say I run an online forum and you suggest the reason these ladies are losing their babies is 'possibly something' I am doing?

Anyway, the MC's average at around 3 a year, this year we have already seen approx 8 on the forum and around the same with other people I know online... But the thing is they have all been in the last 8 weeks.... We had another lady just back from her scan and she too sadly has told us in the last hour that her pregnancy is now over

@selfharmonise .... I read that too. There isn't anything really [apart from the MC] that is linking these women together, as I say some are on the forum and 'know' each other, others are individuals I know of or know from other areas on the net and in real life.

One of my moderators has posted in our staff room about an hour ago: "Why are so many people losing babies?" which promted another to reply "It's very unusual to have so many losses so close together, certainly not something I remember happening before on here"

These aren't early losses either... the last 2 were in their 3rd month

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by TeddiRevolution
Maybe the rise has something to do with the area they all reside in?

Thank you for replying.... These ladies live all over the UK so no 'area' specifics to note...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Anything else you can tell us?

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by yzzyUK

the first thing comes to mind is the amount of depleted uranium floating around the world. tons of it has been used in iraq, afghanistan, yugoslavia and i hear the IDF have used it in gaza.

dont know if its related but sperm counts have been decreasing world wide and much more so in israel, by a huge margin.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by yzzyUK

Originally posted by Astyanax
possibly something you yourself are doing to cause these women to have miscarriages.

What a cruel and thoughtless thing to say! Good job I have thick skin, but my goodness me you wouldn't win any awards for tact would you?

No, I wouldn't, nor am I interested in winning any. It looks as if you're not even willing to consider the possibility that your forum may be involved in the rise you've noticed. I urge you to reconsider. Obviously you and your forum are a common factor shared by women in your 'sample' and not shared by other pregnant women with similar demographic, etc., profiles.

I say I run an online forum and you suggest the reason these ladies are losing their babies is 'possibly something' I am doing?

Is it so hard to imagine? What if they're all following some piece of advice being passed around the forum, and the fatalities are caused by their doing so? Would you be willing to link us to your forum so we can evaluate this possibility for ourselves?

And, I repeat: are you a qualified medical professional? Are your moderators?

Also, are the members on your forum also receiving care from qualified medical professionals? What do you advise them regarding doctors and orthodox medicine?

There isn't anything really [apart from the MC] that is linking these women together, as I say some are on the forum and 'know' each other.

Your forum links them together, obviously.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Maybe also the decrease in fertility in women all around the world should also be evaluated. It almost looks like what happened in "Children of Men"

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
A friend of mine had just lost her pregnancy of 7 weeks, no reason. Sorry I have nothing further to add.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Alot of women with Policystic ovarian syndrome and endometriosis goes undiagnosed. Some do not even suffer any symptoms of the disease except maybe weight gain and some do not have to have weight gain.

I have had many of the symptoms of PCOS which was brushed off by my doctors, till i got a scan to prove i had cysts on ovaries. But all that a side its a very profitable disease to be infertile. The scans you go through, the x-rays, the drug treatments, fertility treatments, last resort IVF etc all add up to great profits for the medical industry.

My infertility was the result of a contraceptive that looked like a vaccine injected into my rear end. Known as depo provera. There have been law suits regarding this type of contraceptive. I have no doubt in my mind that contraceptives and other factors have a part to play in the infertility rates. Other factors are also SAD diet and environmental pollution, xeno estrogens in products etc.

Now to get to the bottom of it and uncover the dirt on this is pretty hectic. 5 years after my experience with depo still no justice. All this gets covered up because the medical industry is controlled, studies are paid for, noone looks after you and noone cares but for their profits.

The poisoning of the world is happening at a worser rate then 100 years ago so we are in for a rough ride. A rough ride that im praying to God people will make the connections.

As i dont have a voice when the industry is so controlled. I have to join sites like this to voice my concerns and even then its in vain.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Applesandoranges]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Apart from the infertility my other side effects that i suffered from the drug were paralysis, deterioration of my bones, nerve damage, loss of feelings somettimes numbness.

Other things that happened as a result of my condition when i was laying bed ridden was out of body experiences, what felt like demonic attacks etc which was probably a by product of my brain trying to counteract the actual pain i went through. It was the most difficult and odd experience of my life. My husband had to put up with my suffering.

I forgive whoever made that drug. But after the experience i researched strongly and made the connections. I did heal but i wont explain how as they would control that too.

The deepest part of it was finding out who controls the drug industries and medical cartel. I wont even mention that either. So the drugging of the populace is what i wish to reveal and cant reveal as its too demonic to even mention. Lets just say the whole industry is "Wolves in sheeps clothing" if you want to get to the bottom of how evil the experiments are on the populace. My experience i would say was to see this.

Its my word against a whole controlled industry and who am i? I cant put up a fight even if i wanted to. So in other words yes you are pretty close to understanding that the rate of fertility is dropping, its alarming.

So a few pointers i can give to uncover this is t look up:
'
Side effects
Law suits
xeno estrogens
dangerous chemicals and their roles in the human body
Reading labels wherever possible and looking up the poison and understand its chemical role
intoxication and its counter balance detoxification
History of drug companies and who owns them
Even though not at all feasible look up side effect testimonies
What causes infertility
Overdrugging on unnecessary medical drugs
Look up the medical costs of infertility
dangers of processed foods on human body
dangers of hormones that mimic natural hormones

There is too much to mention, but when you make connections a pattern starts to emerge and you can then get your own ideas about them. Instead of just listening to one sided opinions of a very controlled, very profitable business.

If there was to be an unveiling of what is going on in our times, you would not believe it. Many things are actually controlled but it hides under many fronts and guises and uses the weak and vulnerable as its subjects for innocence. But behind it hides dark secrets, dark secrets that equals power, money and control. Would it ever be open enough to be known, probably but it will take a long long time and a change of education(also controlled.) This is why i dont bother going too deep with it anymore, you cant win, its hard to get the info out there if you wanted to. I just know the counter balance is Love. Humans are suffering, should we give up though, not yet!

I will leave you with an article that closely explains what i'am trying to get across:
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

[edit on 8-6-2010 by Applesandoranges]

top topics

join